105 - Random Nobodies

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

105 - Random Nobodies


Sandara Park perused the stack of information in her hands carefully, obtaining a very surprising conclusion, yet a very predictable one at the same time.

Placing the papers aside casually, she stood up to stretch. She didn’t have anything to do but sit and wait for the moment when Baek Insoo lost her patience.

What was most pressing was Kwon Jiyong grandmother’s birthday the next week. It would be the first time she would be attending the Kwon family dinner as a fiancee. It was obvious that there would be a lot of people waiting to watch her, a woman from a small and not very rich family, to show up.

Kwon Jiyong said that she didn’t have to worry about getting a birthday present at all, and he would take care of that, but Sandara Park felt that there would be people wanting to make use of the situation. People would think that she was nothing but a leech, so much so that even Kwon Jiyong  had to prepare the gifts for his own grandmother.

Sandara Park cleaned up before calling Gong Minzy to come along. She wanted to head out for a walk and see what she could get to gift to Kwon Jiyong  grandmother.

“Miss Park, Madam Kwon is the head of the Kwon family, what could possibly be impressive enough to leave a good impression?” Minzy weakly whined.

Sandara Park had already considered that problem a long time ago. “We have to use our hearts instead.”

“Use our hearts?” Gong Minzy repeated, before stopping with Sandara Park outside a high-end bespoke hanbok store.

The hanbok from the store are handmade, even the patterns were sewn on by world-famous seamstresses.

“Miss Park, are you planning to gift Madam Kwon a hanbok?” Minzy asked.

Sandara Park didn’t release any information. After a few times seeing Kwon Jiyong grandma, other than the first time where she had worn the maid’s uniform in order to sneak out and ended up crashing into someone else’s restaurant, she had been wearing hanbok.

The shop’s Hanbok had authenticity radiating out from every single pore. It practically shouted luxury .

The moment the two of them stepped into the room, a lady immediately went up to them. “Are you here to custom-make a hanbok?”

The lady’s face was appropriately respectful and confident, asking questions and answering them at the right times. Her voice was very gentle too, a very comforting one to listen to.

“I have a very important dinner to attend next week, so I would like to custom order a hanbok.” Sandara Park answered easily.

The lady seemed a little troubled. “Every hanbok is made by hand, if you place an order now, we will not be able to deliver it by next week.”

Sandara Park had expected that, so she backed down from that request and instead settled for the second-best option. “Then I would like to ask if you have any ready-made ones on hand?”

“We do.” The lady brought them to another spacious area.

A wide assortment of different exquisite qipaos were on display, and one long black hanbok caught Sandara Park eye on first sight. The hanbok was embroidered with a gold phoenix. Its head was on the chest area and its tail extended all the way to the end of the hanbok. That made the hanbok look extremely luxurious and elegant. Sandara Park pointed at it. “That one.”
 
The lady smiled gently, “You have a great eye, this is our most prized possession in the shop.”

“Oh? You’re okay with selling your most prized possession?” Sandara Park asked.

The lady nodded. “We are, but the price is a little troublesome.”

The way the lady said it was very indirect, she was worried that Sandara Park would not be able to afford it and would be ashamed after she heard the price.

Sandara Park smiled, extremely pleased with how the lady treated her customers. “It’s alright, I want it.”

“Alright.” Seeing that Sandara insisted, the lady helped her along with a smile.

Right then, a shrill voice cut through the peaceful atmosphere in the shop. “I want that black one!”

Sandara Park whipped back. She caught sight of a well-dressed middle-aged lady standing there. What she was pointing at was the hanbok that Sandara   had wanted to purchase.

Sandara Park looked at that rich woman, who was a full on snob.

Holding the hanbok in her hand, the store attendant said to the rich woman politely, “I’m sorry, but this lady saw the hanbok first.”

Sandara Park nodded, appreciating the decency of the store attendant who didn’t judge people by appearance and understood first come first serve.

The rich woman glimpsed at them and said, “So what? I definitely want this one. Is there a problem?”

The rich lady was very domineering, putting the store attendant in a difficult position. “But, after all it is …”

“Ma’am, you should understand first come first serve. I saw this hanbok first and already said I would buy it. I’m sorry, but I can’t give it to you,” Sandara Park said composedly. Then she turned to the store attendant. “Please wrap it up for me.”

“Okay.”

“Hold on a minute!” The rich woman called the store attendant in a bossy tone.

“Is there anything else that you want?” Sandara Park  began to feel irritated.

“I always get the things I lay eyes on! Do you have no idea who I am?” The rich woman seemed mad.

At that moment, the store manager rushed over, and her eyebrows scrunched together when she saw the rich woman. Putting on a flattering smile, the store manager said, “Ah, isn’t this Mrs. Kwon? She’s new here so she has not met you before. You are one of our most treasured costumers, so don’t be angry.”

“Mrs. Kwon?” Gong Minzy murmured next to Sandara Park  ear. “She is from the Kwon Family?”

Sandara Park raised her eyebrows. She had never met this Mrs. Kwon. Maybe she was a wife from a different branch in the Kwon Family?

The rich woman’s face relaxed a bit after someone finally recognized her.

“Do you want this hanbok? It is yours.” The manager then took the hanbok straight from the attendant’s hand. “Please come this way. How would you like to pay today? Card or put it on Mr. Kwon tab?”

The attendant who was helping Sandara Park glanced at her embarrassedly and called the manager and the rich woman, “But, this lady saw the hanbok first, shouldn’t we…”

“What do you mean?” The manager turned her face and scolded. Glancing at Sandara Park, she then said, “The supreme dress in our store is only suitable for classy people like Mrs. Kwon. How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter