C28 - This Tactic Always Works

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C28 - This Tactic Always Works

 

Baek Insoo first looked at Park Hanbyul  body and made sure she was okay. Then, she pointed at Sandara Park.

“Dara, I know you have never accepted me since I married your dad. You think I stole your mom’s place, and no matter how hard I tried to treat you right, I never won your approval. Back when I was pregnant, you even did that unfathomable thing to me!”

That lost child again. Baek Insoo knew it was the only sympathy card she had. She had used it time and time again, but it always worked.

Sure enough, as soon as Baek Insoo said that, Park Sungwoo face darkened even more.

“Dara, you can hate me because I married your dad, but Hanbyul was innocent in this whole thing. All she ever wanted was the approval of you, her big sister. You can direct your hatred at me; why are you being so hard on Hanbyul?”

Baek Insoo emotional outcry made some of the policeman who didn’t know the whole story sympathize with her.

It was no secret that being a step-mother was a tough job, an even tougher job if you brought another daughter to the marriage.

Park Sungwoo stared at Sandara Park, eyebrows furrowed, “What actually happened between you two sisters? Why are the police here?”

Sandara laughed out loud at Park Sungwoo interrogation-style question. “Insoo and Hanbyul  are in the same mode, talking and behaving in the exact same manner. Both playing victims and pretending to be the bullied ones in order to win sympathy. Like mother like daughter!” She thought.

“Sandara!” Park Sungwoo was visibly angry at Sandara laughter.

Her attitude couldn’t be more atrocious. When he first heard that Sandara  called the police, Park Sungwoo  was wondering if Park Hanbyul actually did something to her.

Then, Baek Insoo wined and moaned the whole way there and Park Sungwoo started to think there might have been some misunderstanding. Park Hanbyul grew up around him and had always been a considerable kid. He didn’t think she could have done something too out of line.

When Park Sungwoo arrived at the police station, he saw Sandara sitting by the door looking at ease. In contrast, Park Hanbyul was sitting inside looking intimidated and wronged. At that moment he started to side with Baek Insoo even more.

After Sandara Park sneered when he asked her what happened, Park Sungwoo was completely on Team Insoo by then. After all, he knew very well what Sandara Park was like from six years ago.

Sandara Park took the cell phone out of her purse. It was not her regular phone, but the one she used just to contact her ‘eyes’ on Baek Insoo and Park Hanbyul , the phone she stored all the videos on.

She handed the phone to Park Sungwoo, “There are some videos in this phone if you want to watch them. Hanbyul almost pushed me off the second-floor patio in the hotel because she was so worried that these videos were going to get out.”

“What did you say?” Astonished, Park Sungwoo was still trying to wrap his head around the whole thing, “You said Hanbyul was pushing you off a patio?”

Judging by the look on his face, Sandara knew Park Sungwoo had no idea what happened in the hotel.

“That’s right, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter