C38 - Count Her Lucky

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C38 - Count Her Lucky

The Kwon Family Mansion

Kwon Jeongmin was sitting on the coach reading a financial magazine when Han Hyejin walked over with a cup of tea. She put the tea in front of Kwon Jeongmin and sat down herself. Then, she let out a big sigh.

“What’s with the big sigh?” Kwon Jeongmin took a sip of the tea, eyes still fixed on the magazine.

“Don’t you want a grandson?” Han Hyejin cut to the chase.

The mentioning of a grandson finally got Kwon Jeongmin  attention. He put down the magazine and said, “Of course I do, but this is not up to us, is it?”

Han Hyejin pouted like a little girl, “Every time I see the grandson of your younger brother, I’m so envious! Your son is not keen on getting married, so frustrating!”

Kwon Jeongmin laughed, “You say it as if Jiyong  is not your son too.”

Han Hyejin seemed unamused, “I think Jessica  is a fine young woman, and I can tell that she really cares about Jiyong. That son of yours always gives her the cold shoulder though. Last time she was here to see him, he told her that he was busy! Jessica was so humiliated that she had to leave in tears!”

Kwon Jeongmin didn’t really care about the boy and girl’s romance. The only thing he did care about was whether his future daughter-in-law had good enough genes to match the Kwon Family status.

Obviously, Jessica Jung did meet his various standards.

“Mother too, always treats Jessica with sarcasm. I don’t like it. If Jessica marries into our family in the future, we should all be able to get along!”

Mr.Kwon nodded lightly. He took out his phone and dialed the office number of Kwon Jiyong. He forgot how long it had been since they talked because he had to reach his own son through secretaries or assistants.

That was not Kwon Jiyong fault. The King's Corporation handled huge businesses. Back when Kwon Jeongmin was in charge, he was always too busy to answer phones as well. Now that his son had taken over the position, Kwon Jeongmin could understand why his son was busy.

Kwon Jeongmin was tired of the complaining of the two women at home. One was his wife, and one his mother. He had to sweet talk both sides.

Kwon Jiyong Executive Secretary Christine answered the phone. After inquiring about the whereabout of Kwon Jiyong, Kwon Jeongmin hung up the phone and smiled, “Did you say that your son doesn’t care for Jessica?”

“Why?” Asked Han Hyejin with curiosity.

“On Jessica first day of shooting the TV show, your son paid a visit to the studio.” Kwon Jeongmin put down his phone chuckling. He imagined that the day of his grandson’s arrival was on the horizon.

Her husband’s words made Han Hyejin grin too. She was relieved knowing that his son was capable of caring for a girl. Maybe he just had a low EQ or was not particularly romantic.

“Soon let’s find an opportunity to invite the Jung Family over to talk about the engagement. If we can get this thing settled, I can stop worrying too.” The reason why Han Hyejin was so eager about the engagement was because Kwon Jiyong had an extreme clean record in terms of dating in the past a few years. Although every now and then Jessica Jung would stop by, her relationship with Kwon Jiyong was not what one would call intimate. So, Han Hyejin was concerned about her son and not able to shake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter