C54- Invitation

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C54- Invitation

 

When Park Hanbyul heard that Park Sungwoo was going to give one of the invitations to Sandara Park , her face suddenly froze and the hand that was holding Madam Park tightened.

“Ouch! What’s wrong with you?” Scolded Madam Park. Her arm was pinched by Park Hanbyul.

Hanbyul let go immediately and apologized, “Sorry, Grandma. Did I hurt you? Let me massage it for you.” She proceeded to massage her arm carefully. The whole time, she was biting down her lip, holding back the jealousy and anger inside.

Baek Insoo glared at Park Hanbyul. “Be patient!”

“Sungwoo, you want to bring Dara? That’s good too!” Baek Insoo smiled, appearing generous and understanding. “Dara is older, and she just got back from overseas. It’s good for her to meet more people.”

Park Sungwoo was pleased to see Baek Insoo being so generous. He even felt a little guilty towards Baek Insoo when he recalled how Sandara Park  had treated her.

“Don’t worry, Hanbyul is my daughter too. I’ll consider her future as well.”

Baek Insoo took Park Sungwoo arm with a sweet smile, “I know you care about Hanbyul.” She brought him over to the couch and continued, “Have you talked about it with Dara? Is she going to say yes? There’s still some tension between you two, I worry…”

Hearing that, Park Sungwoo frowned slightly. He had not told Sandara Park about his decision. “Dara will say yes. She seemed okay the last time she was home for dinner.”

Park Sungwoo heart ached when he realized he had to use the word ‘okay’ to describe the relationship between him and his biological daughter. “Why can’t she be as gentle and sweet as Park Hanbyul?”

“That’s good.” Baek Insoo nodded, but then she spoke awkwardly, “The only thing is, King’s annual reception this year is special. The Kwon Family is going to announce the engagement between Mr. Kwon and Jessica. You said it too, it’s going to be a big day for our sister and brother-in-law …”

Sensing her hesitation, Park Sungwoo  wanted to cut to the chase, “Whatever you want to say, just say it.”

Taking a deep breath, Baek Insoo spoke sweetly, “Dara had a bad reputation in the past. Tomorrow is such an important day. If anyone brought up the old history, it could affect Jessica and her parents would not be happy.” Baek Insoo said those words as if she was watching out for the Park Family.

Park Sungwoo face dimmed, and he started to reconsider his decision.

Madam Park was instantly displeased when she heard that Sandara Park going to the party could affect Jessica Jung engagement. “Insoo is right! You can’t let that debt collector of a woman, Sandara , ruin Jessica big day! I’m telling you to bring Hanbyul!”

When Park Sungwoo was still considering the pros and cons, his mother obviously made the decision for him, so he just went along.

Indeed, he couldn’t bring Sandara Park. If anything happened to Jessica, the relationship between the Jing and the Park would suffer too. He would have to wait for another opportunity to take Sandara  to an event like that…

“Okay, I’m bringing Hanbyul tomorrow.” Park Sungwoo said affirmingly.

In a few minutes, Baek Insoo was able to talk Park Sungwoo  into changing his mind. Park  Hanbyul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter