C67 - The Conference

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C67 - The Conference

In the cafe, Gong Minzy looked at the caller ID on her phone displaying “Miss Park”. She bit her lip, her hesitance obvious.

“Have you still not decided?” The person opposite her chuckled.

“I…” Minzy brows furrowed tightly, her face ashen.

“You don’t have to tear yourself apart for this, you’ve already expressed your attitude by not going to the set today. Work together with me, I trust that you definitely will be able to do it.”

Gong Minzy palm curled up and loosened, her eyes glued to the phone as she eventually nodded.

The press conference’s location was chosen to be at the hotel where the production crew last held their audition, even the same ballroom was used.

There was still some time before the official start, but the hotel had been packed to the brim by reporters. They were either reading their information, checking their scripts, or adjusting their machines and cameras. Everyone was doing their preparation work, not forgetting to cast a look at the door from time to time, worried that they’d miss out on any action.

In the nanny car, Sandara Park was taking a short nap, she knew that it would be a bloodbath later. She was not afraid, but it was still something that took a lot of energy to deal with.

Opposite Sandara Park was Park Hanbyul, she had found Sandara Park first thing in the morning, expressing that since she was Sandara assistant, she was obligated to stay by her side and help out that day.

Park Hanbyul looked at Sandara Park, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

“Why did you have to come back to Korea, Park Sandara ? Isn’t it good to just stay obediently overseas? Now, your end is determined, and you won’t get anything other than a smelly reputation to your grave!” Park Hanbyul looked out the window, her brows furrowing in her impatience. She asked the driver, “Hey, why are you driving so slowly? Hurry up!”

The driver didn’t reply, but he silently quickened his pace and stepped harder on the accelerator.

Sandara Park opened her eyes, the thing that first entered her view was Park Hanbyul look of excitement and impatience. “Are you that enthusiastic about it?”

Hearing Sandara Park voice, Park Hanbyul jumped, and quickly schooled her expression back into one of neutrality, “Sandara, I thought you were asleep.”

“I was merely getting shut eye.” Sandara Park looked at Park Hanbyul, a half-smile on her face. Parl Hanbyul felt uncomfortable under her cryptic gaze, and immediately said, “Sis, don’t misunderstand me, this is my first time going to such events, I’m just nervous, and I wish for it to be over and done with earlier, that’s why I asked the driver to drive faster.”

“Hmm.” Sandara Park seemed to believe Park Hanbyul  words and shut her eyes once again.

Park Hanbyul heaved a sigh of relief, she had let the impending victory get to her head, she had to control her emotions better from then on.

Not too long later, Sandara Park and the group arrived at the hotel that was hosting the press conference. The moment Sandara Park car was safely stopped, an entire fleet of cars followed up, almost seven or eight of them.

The instant the reporters saw cars coming, they flooded to them. At the same time, they were pushed back by a group of well trained, suited bodyguards that came down from the fleet of cars and formed an impenetrable human wall, barricading the swarm of reporters far away from Sandara Park.


 
Kwon Jiyong came down from his car as well, confidently taking steps towards the surprised Sandara Park and held her hand. “I’ll walk you in.”

“Why did you come?” Sandara Park had clearly said before that she didn’t need his help.

Kwon Jiyong looked at her, love evident in his eyes, “To clarify my stance, and to give you support.”

Those past few days, due to the unstoppable “dirt” that had been dug up about Sandara Park, Kwon Jiyong  was on the receiving end of much criticism and discourse too. The netizens were excitedly predicting that with so many incriminating articles about Sandara Park on the internet, Kwon Jiyong would definitely dump her.

Instead, Kwon Jiyong had shown everyone with his actions that not only would he not dump Sandara Park , he would be there to give her support in person.

In just seconds, all the flashing cameras were directed towards the two, and the reporters were shouting questions at them from the top of their lungs.

Park Hanbyul sulkily followed behind the two of them, she guessed that Kwon Jiyong might come, but she never imagined that he would do it that publicly!

 

The reporters were blocked by the body guards and couldn’t get near, but they were not giving up and shouted on the top of their lungs.

“Miss Park, what’s your response to the news about you online?”

“Is it true? Are you really like what they said?”

“How did you and Mr. Kwon meet each other?”

Questions were coming from every direction, all of which were ignored by Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park . Keeping a calm face, Sandara Park was saving her speech for the press conference and would not waste time with the reporters.

“Mr. Kwon, what’s your opinion on this whole thing? It’s been said that Miss Park r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter