C111 - An All-arounder

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C111 - An All-arounder

 
Ever since the old man’s death, Madam Kwon rarely brought him up. Since she didn’t talk about him, neither did anyone else for fear of angering her.

Madam Kwon initiated the conversation, and that was only when everyone knew that this was why Madam Kwon had loved wearing qipaos.

Just because of a compliment from her husband, Madam Kwon wore hanbok for the rest of her life. Madam Kwon was the extreme embodiment of the phrase, “You do anything to please the person that you love”.

If not for Kwon Sangjoon and Kwon Yoonseok mother’s appearance, they would have been a happy pair.

Rumor had it that the second wife had climbed into Mr. Kwon bed using underhanded means. They were just rumors though. As to what really happened back then, only Old Mr. Kwon, Madam Kwon, and the second wife knew.

A hush of silence rushed through the room. The eyes looking at Kwon Yoonseok and Kwon Sangjoon became accusatory.

Feeling the tense glances from others, the Kwon brother faces fell.

Madam Kwon waved her hands at Sandara Park “Young lass, bring the hanbok closer.”

Sandara Park obediently brought the qipao to Madam Kwon, and Madam Kwon reached out her hand, lightly caressing it as though it was the most valuable treasure.

“The original one I had was ruined in an accident, and it was a regret I always had. It’s great to be able to see it again!” Madam Kwon raised her teary eyes, looked towards Sandara Park appreciatively. “How did you know about this hanbok?”

“When Jiyong brought me back to your home to pay respects to the elders, I saw a picture of you and grandpa when you were younger hanging on the living room’s wall. In the photo, you were wearing a hanbok just like this, and smiling exceptionally beautifully. The pictures were all in black and white, and I couldn’t determine the exact color of hanbok.”

Sandara Park smiled as she continued, “Right then, I recalled that Madam Chang had a qipao that she sent for the exhibition that was a plain color with a lotus flower design, so I wanted to try it out. Even if the color was different, I hoped at least the design was the same. As long as you are be happy, granny.” Speaking of that, Sandara lowered her eyes in guilt. “But, I seem to have done something wrong, and made you cry instead…”

Madam Kwon quickly pulled Sandara Park to sit by her side, holding her in her embrace. “You did nothing wrong, nothing wrong! Granny is happy, these are happy tears. You helped me patch up the regret that I’ve had in my heart and brought my hanbok back to me!”

Madam Kwon words touched Sandara Park. She really loved Mr. Kwon and had loved him for all her life. “Granny, as long as you’re happy.”

The entire gift-giving process ended in Madam Kwon happy tears, and after Sandara Park meaningful present, the rest of the gifts really did not hold much meaning in Madam Kwon eyes.

Third Mrs. Kwon and Tiffany didn’t create any more trouble, all of their efforts were sabotaged anyway. Not only had they offended Madam Kwon but they had also offended Kwon Jiyong because of how they had picked on Sandara Park.

Sandara Park still got all the spotlight. The thing that they didn’t expect the most was that Madam Chang was actually best friends with her and let her get her hands on a meaningful hanbok made by Madam Chang own hands.

Even Han Hyejin, who held reservations about Sandara Park, gave a relieved smile.

Sandara Park had set a stable foothold in the Kwon family after that.

Seeing all the socialites rush to introduce themselves to Sandara Park, third Mrs. Kwo and Tiffany were frustrated.

They were running around the whole day, but all they had done was brighten Sandara Park halo. They even looked bad in exchange!

On the balcony, Kwon Yoonseok and Kwon Sangjoon were enjoying their drinks in the wind. Yoonseok glowered at Sandara Park, who was going through the party like a fish in water, darkly muttering, “That woman’s not simple, not like someone from a small family at all. She’s even better at social events than Jessica Jung. She’s an absolute all-arounder.”

Kwon Sangjoon was annoyed by the compliment his brother was making about Sandara Park.

“Hm! Brother, why are you still praising her?” Kwon Sangjoon  couldn’t object to what his brother had said, but he was unwilling to admit that the biggest winner that night was indeed Sandara Park .

Originally Kwon Sangjoon was hoping to take the opportunity and use Sandara apark to knock Kwon Jiyong  down. He was so arrogant in the office and didn’t respect him as his Third Uncle.

It turned out that Kwon Jiyong was not knocked down, instead he and his brother were publicly humiliated. It was a double loss for him.

Kwon Yoonseok glanced at Kwon Sangjoon. “What are you grumbling for? You can see for yourself that everything that Sandara Park did today was done by herself. She didn’t rely on Kwon Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter