C48 - She Took Herself Too Seriously

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C48 - She Took Herself Too Seriously

 


Park Hanbyul embarrassed herself in front of everyone on her first day. By then, Jessica Jung had started shooting and Sandara Park was going over scripts with other actors. Nobody had time for her, she was a useless extra who insisted on being there. She was told to wait in the lounge.

Park Hanbyul was still upset, so she called Baek Insoo  and told her everything that happened with elaborate details. She heard steps approaching the door and lowered her voice, “Mom, someone is coming. I can’t talk anymore! Don’t worry, I won’t let that rule for much longer!”

As Park Hanbyuo hung up the phone, Gong Minzy walked in carrying a big pile of stuff and proceeded to dump everything on Park Hanbyuo lap.

“What’s this?” Park Hanbyul frowned.

Minzy looked at Hanbyul blandly, “These are some scripts written by Ms Park in the past. She wanted you to read them all, so you have a basic understanding of the structure of writing style for screenplays. You can ask me if you have any questions.”

“Where is Sandara? Why isn’t she here to teach me? Instead, she’s sending you, her little assistant…” Sandara Park obviously thought Gong Minzy to someone below her.

Minzy face turned sour, “Miss Park is busy writing scripts, talking to the actors, and working with the director every day… She doesn’t have time to teach you this basic stuff! I am her ‘little assistant’, but I have been working for Miss Park for a few years now. When we were overseas, I handled everything for her. So not only am I qualified to teach you, I can teach other screen writers too!”

Ever since Park Hanbyul brought up that she wanted to be an apprentice to Sandara Park, Gong Minzy had been uncomfortable about the whole thing. She was finally able to speak her mind.

“You –”Park Hanbyul tried to fire back.

“What about me? If you don’t want me to teach you, you can go talk to Miss Park yourself.”

Park Hanbyul bit her lip. If she went to Sandara Park , she was just asking for humiliation. “I didn’t say I didn’t want you to teach me. It’s just there are so many scripts, how can I finish them all?”

Gong Minzy laughed, “You have two days, then you are going to produce a sixty-chapter script for Miss Park.”

“What?” Park Hanbyul eyes widened. “Two days? I have to produce a script? I don’t even know what sixty-chapter means, how can I produce anything?”

“Don’t complain. Miss Park was not a screenwriter in the beginning. She herself took two days to study the ins and outs of screenplays and successfully wrote all these outstanding pieces.” When Minzy talked about Sandara Park, her voice was full of admiration. Then she realized she was still talking to Park Hanbyul, “Long story short, if you have any questions, come ask me. I have to go do other things now.”

After that, Minzy left Park Hanbyuo to her own device and dived back into working on her own script. As an assignment and form of assessment, Sandara Park had asked her to write a complete one-hundred and twenty scene script on her own.


It was a parti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter