The Universe In Our Hands

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona never left her side , Seohyun stared at the woman sleeping on the uncomfortable couch and smiled. She never left. Her hand reached and patted her own stomach , they have been in the hospital for almost two weeks now , baby Tteoki is currently 29 weeks and 5 days. Seohyun is happy her baby is able to hold on for so long. “Please stay strong and healthy. Umma and mama are waiting for you. We will wait patiently. Stay inside umma for a longer time…”

 

Yuri stared at the wall in front of her, it’s a bit bare. She wanted to do something with it but what…. Jessica who was looking all around for her wife found the tanned woman sitting in the backyard on the swing while looking intently at the wall in front of her. She walked towards her , “What are you staring at?” Yuri who was jolted shot a smile at her wife , “Sit here.”

Jessica sat on her wife’s lap and Yuri gently pushed them on the swing. “The wall seems bare don’t you think?”

“But it looks good…so don’t try and do something to it. It’s my dream house and with all the renovations , its starting to look NOT like my dream house.” Jessica complained , but Yuri was not hearing it. “I want something to remind us of how little the girls used to be.”

“What more do you want? Having their newborn feet tattooed onto you is not enough?”

“Their height…” Yuri said softly. Jessica sighed , this fool is going to destroy her beautiful house. Yuri stood up so suddenly her wife almost fall off the swing. “YAH! KWON YURI!”

“Mianhe…” Yuri kissed her wife chastely on the lips and went running towards the basement.

“Stupid…”

 

 

Seohyun was sleeping but she was dreaming , it was a nightmare. It was dark everywhere and she felt hurt all over her body. She was struggling to move and all she felt was pain.

“Seohyun!”

“Seohyun-ah…”

“Seohyun!!”

Yoona shook her wife , Seohyun was thrashing around in her sleep and she was sweating. Yoona heard her groaning and in pain , she rang the nurses immediately. They took a look at the CTG graph. “She’s having contractions.”

Yoona shook her wife, “Please….wake up.” After a few seconds Seohyun’s eyes slowly opened. Her hair was matted with sweat. “Yoong…it hurts. Make it stop.”

“You’re having contractions again.”

“Yoong…it hurts…” Seohyun cried out in pain. Yoona just held her hands and gave it a kiss. “Please hang on. For me. For Tteoki. For our family.”

The doctor came running in and Yoona was pushed out as the curtains drew. Yoona stood outside the curtains and silently pray for her wife and child. She texted the group on her wife’s condition. The nurses draw the curtains apart. “How is she?”

“She is now 4cm dilated. And we cannot have her wait till she is fully dilated because she has high blood pressure. It might cause further issues. And the baby’s heart rate dropped a little bit. Not alarming but we need to schedule an emergency C-section now.”

Yoona was shocked, it’s as if she can’t hear a thing, the loud buzzing noise in her ear , yet she hear nothing except for Seohyun groaning in pain. “Miss Im, we need you to sign the consent agreement. For your wife and the child.”

Yoona just took the documents in her hand and signed , “Can I go in?”

“Of course you may. We are sending her up now. You better accompany her. I will explain to you on the way.” They helped pushed Seohyun into the elevator and Yoona held her wife’s hand. It was all brusied up already from the injections and IV drips. “Shh…it will be fine. They are sending us up for the C-section now. Everything will be okay. I will be here.”

“Miss Im, during the surgery , your wife will mmost likely to be fully sedated. The moment the child is taken out , the baby will be assessed and put into an incubator to be further examined by the neonatologist. During that process, you will need to be with the baby.”

“I understand. Can I make a call?”

The doctor nod his head , the moment they got out of the elevator. Yoona called Yuri. It was already 4 in the morning. Yuri answered the call groggily, “Yoona…”

“Unnie. We need to get the baby out now. Since the baby is premature. I need to leave Seohyun and accompany the baby on the way to the NICU can you come here and take care of her?”

“OF course I can. Don’t worry. I’m coming now. Calm down, everything will be fine.”

 

Yuri jumped out of bed and put on comfy clothes , Jessica was awake due to the phone call. “Sica, I need to go to the hospital. Seohyun and Yoona , they have to get the baby out now and since the baby is too small, Yoona has to accompany the doctors while they sent the baby to the NICU.” Jessica too stood up , “Okay, let me prepare some food for you and bring another person along. Then inform the parents. I think Yoona would have forgotten.” Yuri nod her head and went banging on Hyoyeon’s room. Jessica prepared some sandwiches for her wife and a thermos of strong coffee. Her heart is all over the place , she wants to be there for Seohyun since she too had an emergency C-section but her babies need her here.

“Sica… you done?” Yuri called out , Jessica turned around with the bag full of food and saw Hyoyeon too. “Take care…drive carefully and give me a call when you arrived. And update us.” She gave the tanned woman a chaste kiss and Yuri hugged her wife tight. “I love you.”

“I love you too. Go.”

 

 

Yoona entered the operation theater and saw Seohyun already strapped to the table , she walked over to her wife. “Hi… it’s all going be okay. The moment you opened up your eyes, I will be there. I promise.”

“Yoong…don’t let anything happen to Tteoki.” Seohyun cried .

“I won’t. I will protect you two till the end of this world.” Yoona kissed her wife’s forehead. “Now , relax. I’m always here okay?”

Seohyun nod the head and the anesthesiologist cups her face with a face mask. “Now…count to ten for me.”

“One…two…three…four….five…s..” Seohyun did not manage to count to six was already unconsicious.

“We will start with the surgery now.” The in charge Obstetrician said. The whole procedure was quick since they are rushing against time , halfway through cutting her wife open, Tteoki’s heart rate suddenly plummets. The machine was beeping like mad. Yoona stood up but was held back. “Let the doctors do their job.” The anaethesiologist said. Yoona watched as their movements quickened , a gush of fluid was seen pouring out and the next thing Yoona knew , the baby was out.

“Go to your baby.”

Yoona walked quickly to her baby, “Yoona-ssi, it’s a girl. Congratulations.”

A girl…they have a baby girl. Yoona couldn’t see her daughter as medical personnel were hovering over the little girl. They were no cries , she panicked for a moment. “I’m sorry but there are no cries?” She asked the nurse. “Your daughter is born at 29 weeks , her vital organs are not fully developed. Therefore she cannot let out a cry unlike a full term newborn.” Yoona nod her head and thanked the nurse. She focused on the team of doctors in front of her. Yoona saw vials of blood were taken , and her daughter was measured.

“Miss Im , we have to transport her to the NICU now.Please follow us.” A neonatologist , and three nurses and a pediatrician was escorting the baby. Yoona managed to get a glimpse , her baby was wrapped in a plastic wrap. “It’s to prevent heat loss. Plastic manages to retain heat while we transport her to the NICU. She is small , but she looks healthy. We will check on her thoroughly in the NICU. She needs to be hooked on oxygen and a feeding tube.” Their neonatologist explained to Yoona on the way. When they entered the elevator Yoona managed to see her daughter for the very first time. Tears were forcing their way up , her little baby is so tiny. Yoona can see the fine hair covering her daughter’s body , her head looks bigger than the rest of her body and you can see the blood vessels under her skin , she looks like a little bird than a baby.

“It’s normal , because she has no body fat therefore the appearance. After she gained some weight , and have some baby fat , she will start to look like a newborn.”

Yoona just nod her head and looked at her daughter , “We don’t even have a name yet… you came out way too quickly.”

“You can start thinking of one now since you will be spending a lot of time just staring outside from the NICU window.” They reached the pediatric floor and the team rolled her daughter into the NICU. The curtains were drawn and Yoona can’t see a thing. She held the railings tight against her fist, “Please let her be okay…please. Everything will be fine. Please…god…please…”

After what seems like eternity , a doctor came rushing into the NICU. Yoona’s body tensed , is something wrong with her daughter? There was no news yet , no one out to tell her anything. She continued standing outside the NICU facing the window, her hands clasped together praying. She have no idea what else can she do now , she felt helpless. Her wife is recovering from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter