Child Rearing is Hard

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early in the morning in the Kwon household, Kwon Hailey’s cries were heard all around. Jessica rolled her eyes and let her eldest daughter be , Ji ji was sprawled on the floor crying while staring at the washing maching. “Wae?” She cried to Jessica. The older woman sighed and crouched down to her daughter’s level, “I told you many times, I need to wash your plushie. Its too dirty and smelly.”

“IT’S NOT!” Hae Ji shouted and ran upstairs to her umma. Jessica chased after her quickly and grabbed her by her arm, “DON’T! DO NOT WAKE UMMA UP! Your sisters were a handful last night and umma is still tired.” Ji Ji squirmed and Jessica had to release her hold, the second her mummy let go Hailey ran up with all her might and entered the room. She ran and jumped onto the bed and crawled to her umma, she burrowed her head on Yuri’s chest and cried. ‘She looked so pitiful…’ Jessica thought to herself. But walked towards the bed, Yuri was already awake and was shocked when her princess cried early in the morning. “What’s wrong? What happened Princess? Tell umma, who hurt you?”

“Umma….” Hailey wailed , not caring if she will wake her sisters up. Yuri hugged her eldest quickly and swayed their bodies softly. “What happened baby?” Hailey looked up to her umma, snot and tears staining her face, she let out a squeak and cried, “Mummy…mummy…”

“What did mummy do?” Yuri asked while looking at her wife. Jessica just rolled her eyes and continued staring at her eldest. “Mummy wash…wash Ji Ji’s… plushieee..” Hailey let out another cry. Yuri gasped and stared at her wife, “You washed that rabbit?” Jessica nod her head, “It’s yellow and stinky.”

“Why did you wash it?” Yuri asked. Jessica sighed, “I told you already, it’s yellow and stinky.”

“IT’S NOT! IT SMELLS NICE!” Ji Ji shouted at her mummy. Jessica felt her eyes twitched, she stared down hard at her daughter, “This is the second time you shouted at me this morning. You better stop this act right now!” Jessica raised her voice a little scaring her daughter. Ji ji whimpered and hugged her umma tighter, Yuri sighed, this is bad. That rabbit plushie is her daughter’s comfort item, Ji Ji holds it to sleep. Yeah , it is yellow and stinky, milk and tears and saliva have stained it throughtout the years. But its her daughter’s first friend. And something really precious to her daughter.

“How many minutes more till it’s done washing?” Yuri asked, Jessica looked at the time, “Another 20 minutes.” Yuri nod her head and got out of bed with her daughter in her arms, “Look at umma, it’s okay. It smells fresh now, it needs a little shower. Just like you, when it’s dry, umma will give it to you immediately and you can make it smell like you again. Okay?” Hae Ji whimpered, Yuri just shook her head. It’s gonna be a tough day today. She carried her daughter down and the both of them sat in front of the washing machine and watched as the plushie was strewn around inside the washer. Jessica groaned , these two Kwons are testing her today. Hailey kept sniffling and whimpering , and her umma kept giving her cuddles and kisses. Jessica stared at those two and if looks could kill, those two would be dead by now. The designer stomped into the kitchen to make breakfast for those two idiots and while she was cooking, she was making noises, slamming the pots and pans. Closing the stove hard. Yuri heard all of it , and she knew HellSica is on its way out.

She left her daughter still whimpering n front of the dryer and went into the kitchen , Jessica was furious and the tanned woman knew. She hugged her wife from the back and immediately Jessica removed her wife’s arms and walked away. “Sica-baby…”

“Don’t call me that!” Jessica seethed. Yuri walked to her again and held her hands putting a stop to whatever she was doing. “Hey… I will have Hailey apologize to you later, okay?”

“It’s not about her apologizing. It’s just you letting her throw this much tantrum over a frigging rabbit toy.”Jessica said and rubbed her temples. Yuri kissed her cheeks tenderly, “It’s not just a rabbit plushie, it’s our first gift to her remember? She has a soft spot for that rabbit, whenever I need to work late and she will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and I’m not there, the rabbit will calm her down and soothes her back to sleep. To her , it’s more than just a toy ,it’s her comfort blanket.” Jessica stared into her wife’s eyes , her anger just melted away at looking at those dark brown eyes. Yuri smiled a little and the creases at the corner of her eyes appear, Jessica took it all in. They stared at each other for a moment, both taking in each other’s appearance. Yuri noticed how the corner of her wife’s lips now have some light creases, how those beautiful eyes now shine with more luster and colour , and her wife’s cute lips she just want to taste it all day every day. Jessica noticed how there are two little freckled on Yuri’s nose and she just wants to nibble it, the tanned woman’s eyes are forever soft and warm and inviting, the little lines near her eyes, Jessica had almost didn’t notice it if it’s not for them staring at each other.

“You know, they say when you spare one minute just staring at your love one, you will fall in love with them all over again.” Yuri whispered to her wife. Jessica snickered but play along, “Really? So did you find yourself falling in love with me again?”

“I always fall for you, when you wake up in the morning, when you’re , when you’re feeding our babies, when you kiss me, when you play with our girls. I fall in love with you with every little thing you do or say.” Yuri declared. Jessica felt her cheeks heating up and she tried to break away their gaze but Yuri stopped her, she held Jessica’s chin lightly and kissed those lips. The kiss was sweet and tender, no rushing. When they stopped Jessica opened her eyes slightly and find Yuri still staring at her. “You are so beautiful Sica-ah… I love you.”

Their little moment was once again interrupted by the dryer indicating its done. Yuri let go of her wife and kissed her forehead. “Cook breakfast for us woman…” Yuri slapped her wife’s slightly and have her wife giggling away. ‘Happy wife , happy life.’ Yuri thought to herself and went back out to her princess. She opened up the dryer and gave the rabbit plushie back to her daughter. Ji ji held it tight against her and sniffed it hard. But it was no use, the soothing smell was no longer there anymore. It now smells like the softener and detergent. Tears welled up again, she was quiet, still sniffling and shuddering but she held the plushie and went into the playroom by herself. She lay on the bed and put the rabbit on top of her face while crying, the rabbit just fresh out of the dryer is now stained with tears. Yuri walked into the playroom softly and watched as her daughter cried silently.

“Umma will tell mummy to never wash your rabbit okay? Mummy didn’t know, it’s okay princess. Forgive mummy, alright?” Yuri watched as her daughter stared up at her, “No smell..” JI Ji said softly. Yuri climbed into bed with her, “It’s clean now. Next time, I will make sure mummy asks you before washing it okay. Next time, we just wash it with water, no detergent.”

“Umma, promise?” Ji Ji asked and raised her pinky. “Umma promise.” The little girl cuddled to her umma while hugging her plushie close to her. Jessica watched the whole scene from the kitchen’s baby monitor , she smiled a little. ‘Umma’s princess’ She thought to herself and resumed cooking.

After their breakfast, the family went up to the bedroom. Jessica wasted no time and start packing for their fashion week debut. Yuri was ordered around to fetch things and help them to pack. While Ji Ji, she was still sad over the rabbit and spent the time frolicking and rolling around on the bed. Yuri let her be, that little girl had enough for today. While Jessica was busy matching her daughter’s clothes, Yuri was busy packing and making space for the ever growing pile of clothes. They are going for almost a month and Yuri was already feeling sad because of it. Right then, Ji Ji came over with her rabbit and rubbed it all over Yuri’s face and body. “What are you doing?” Yuri asked softly.

“I want to make rabbit smell like umma.” Ji Ji said with utmost concentration on her face. Yuri laughed and kissed her daughter’s nose, “You want it to smell like me? Why?”

“When I miss umma and I hug rabbit , it’s like I’m hugging umma.”

Yuri melted into a puddle she held her daughter close to her and kissed her cheeks repeatedly. “Aigoo my princess.. my beautiful princess. My precious princess” Jessica who heard everything couldn’t help but roll her eyes. Yuri continued packing with Ji Ji on her lap, “Princess, you should go apologize to mummy. You shouted at mummy this morning, and umma don’t like it. You must never ever shout at mummy, okay?” JI Ji just listened but did not attempt to move away. Yuri held her daughter up and walked with her towards Jessica, “Mummy..” Yuri called out.

“Wae?” Jessica asked, she watched as the tanned woman pushed their eldest daughter forward. “What is it?” She asked again. “Go to mummy..” Yuri whispered.

Ji ji walked slowly towards Jessica and stood in front of her , “What is it?” Jessica asked. Ji Ji looked back at her umma and Yuri gave her a nod. “I’m sorry mummy.”

“For what?” Jessica asked again while looking at her eldest fidgeting with the rabbit. “For yelling at you. Two times.” Ji Ji said slowly. “Is that right to do?” Jessica questioned. The little girl shook her head. “What did I do that you have to shout at me twice? I just washed your rabbit and you yelled at me? Is the rabbit more important to you than mummy?”

Ji ji just looked down at the floor, tears were welling up again in her eyes. Her mummy never scolded her like this, it hurts her feeling. “But mummy, you are wrong too. You didn’t ask me. You should ask me first. It’s my rabbit.”

Yuri gasped, her daughter is talking back now. “Who bought you that rabbit? Mummy and umma.” Jessica slowly raised her voice. “You gave it to me. So it’s mine now. You should always ask me first.” Ji Ji too raised her voice. The tanned woman quickly intervened and separated those two. “Okay…stop.”

“Listen to me. Okay, Kwon Hae Ji, you are wrong for shouting at mummy. That is not right. Whatever that mummy did, she did it because of you. She wants the best for you and your sisters. You might not understand but one day you will. You should never raise your voice at your mothers, or anyone else. You understand?” Yuri asked her daughter. The little girl just nod her head.

“Mummy, you should ask Ji Ji first before washing the plushie. We always taught Ji ji didn’t we that we should ask for their permission before taking or doing something. We should led by example, mummy you too should apologize to Ji Ji.” Yuri said to her wife, the designer stared at her wife as if she grew another head. But Yuri’s eyes were stoic. Jessica sighed, she knew her wife was right. She looked at her daughter and her wife, her eyebrows arched upwards. Yuri nudged her daughter.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you mummy.”

“Mummy…” Yuri ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter