Shopping Spree

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica waited patiently for her daughter outside her school , she glanced at her watch and realized that school time has been over 20 minutes ago , she let out a sigh and walked into the building. Usually they will ask the parents to wait outside , but today Jessica has waited long enough.

“Excuse me , you can’t come in.” Someone from the receptionist stopped her. She stopped and stared at the girl.

“Where is my daughter? It’s been 20 minutes , why is she not out yet? In fact , why are all the kids not out yet?” Jessica asked. The girl who stopped her stammered , not knowing what to say.

“I’ll go check.”

“And I will be waiting here for you.” Jessica said scaring the young woman. The receptionist scurried away into one of the classrooms. A few minutes later , the administration came out and apologized profusely to the parents.

“ We are so sorry. There has been an accident. One of our students have the stomach flu this morning and vomited everywhere. Now , we have around four children experiencing the same symptoms. Due to this , all classes will be stopped for a few days. We are terribly sorry , but we cannot afford for the kids to fall sick and infect each other. Please take good care of your kids and your family. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.”

Jessica was shocked when she head some children were already infected , she hoped it was not her daughter. If it is , then it will be terrible. There are so many people living in her house and not to mention little Rosie. She waited patiently for her daughter to come out. Finally , she saw her daughter walking out with a face mask.

She crouched down and enveloped her daughter in a tight hug. “How are you today? Do you feel sick?” Jessica asked her daughter immediately. The little girl shook her head , “No, I don’t feel sick. But JInki fell sick.”

Jessica widened her eyes and looked around for Siwon or his wife. She saw Siwon and gestured him. “Oppa , Hae Ji said Jinki is sick.” Siwon quickly thanked Jessica and rushed to see his son. Jessica shook her head. She need to isolate her daughter too. She picked up her phone and called her wife.

“Oh , hello? Wassup….” She heard her dorky wife’s voice and smiled.

“Hey babe , I just picked up Hailey and we are now walking to the car. There’s some issue…”

“What happened?” Yuri’s voice filled with panic

“Some kids got down with the stomach flu and the play group will be closed for a few days till all students are considered safe and no longer infect anyone.”

“This is bad news. I think we need to isolate ourselves for a few days too. Just in case.”

“I was thinking of asking you to go home and pack some clothes for us. I’ll be heading back to the apartment. The cleaners just came by yesterday to clean up , so it’s fine.” Jessica suggested to her wife.

“I’ll think of something.”

“Okay , I love you. Hae Ji , talk to umma.” Jessica passed the phone to her daughter

“Umma…”

“Oh , baby. Are you okay?”

“Nae.”

“Arasso ,umma will be home soon. Please take care of yourself and mummy and dongsaeng.”

“I will umma.”

“Arasso I love you Ji Ji.”

“I love you umma.”

They ended the phone conversation , and Jessica drove them back to the apartment. But since there were no food in the apartment , she decided to order some Chinese food for her and Hae Ji but considering that they will spend a few days here ; Jessica aborted the idea and make a detour to the shopping centre.

“Mami, where are we going?” Hae Ji asked.

“Shopping. We need to buy food to eat and cook.”

Jessica parked her car and get her daughter out of her car seat. She make sure to lock the car before holding her daughter’s hand and walked into the shopping centre. Once inside , instead of buying groceries, they ended up walking and shopping for clothes. Jessica bought some sweaters for her family and some warmer clothing. They passed by a baby store and Hailey stopped her mummy.

“Mummy , we have not buy clothes for Wonnie and Nana”

“Baby , they are not here yet and we still have time.”

“But we can buy some now.” Jessica thought about her daughter’s statement , she was tempted but she tried to resist. And now that her daughter is basically given her permission. She nod her head.

“Let’s go.”

Jessica held her daughter’s hand and walked briskly into the shop. Once inside, Jessica took a trolley and put her daughter in it. They walked around the store and took up many pamphlets and brochures to be taken back as reference. When they reached the clothing section, Hae Ji stood up from the trolley and demanded to be put down.

“Down mummy down… N.O.W. RIGHT NOW!” Jessica was baffled at her daughter’s choice of word.

“Yah , who taught you that?” She asked while putting her daughter down. The little girl giggled and chose to hold her mummy’s hand tightly. Jessica looked around and saw some to her liking but she wasn’t sure if she should buy two of each.

“Mami , buy it.”

“Baby ,should we buy two of each?” Jessica asked.

“YES! There is two dongsaeng”

“You’re right.” Jessica turned and grabbed a bunch of one piece body suit. Two of each color and each sizes. She brought some hats too for her daughters, since they will be preemies , they need to put on the hat for quite some time to maintain their body temperature. She then buy some newborn shirts both short and long sleeves. Always believing that less is more , Jessica bought only plain colored ones. Occasionally she bought some with cute little animations on , like Yuri’s favourite Disney characters.

She then grabbed a bunch of cute pajama bottoms that will fit well with the shirts and onesies that she bought. Hailey was busy choosing for her little sisters too. She picked out their pajamas , their little mittens , their little blankets. They bought two of the same ones. Jessica turned around and face her trolley filled with clothes of different sizes.

“How am I going to differentiate which is whose? And which baby is who?” She asked no one. She stared at her daughter but Ji Ji just shrugged her shoulders and continue throwing toys into the trolley. Jessica looked at the toys and then at her daughter.

“Ji ah , mummy think we don’t need two of each toy. Let’s have them share some of the toys. And baby , this-“ Jessica took up a Barbie doll.

“This is something for you , not them.” Hailey pouted to her mummy , but Jessica stood her ground. She knows how Yuri is when it comes to toys. Unless it brings educational benefits, Yuri won’t think much of it. “Umma, won’t be happy when she finds out about this.” Jessica taunt her daughter , she knew bringing up her wife will result in her daughter doing things Jessica’s way. Hailey begrudgingly put back the dolls and all the other toys. But she refused to put back two bunny plushies , almost similar to the one she had. But the only difference is these two were in two different tone of colour. Same but different.

“These are for Wonnie and Nana. Please mummy…” Jessica gave in to her daughter’s pleading and nod her head. The little girl dropped the two bunnies into the trolley and ran to gave Jessica a tight hug. The latter crouched down and hugged her daughter , successfully carrying her up.

“Ottoke , we bought so much clothes for dongsaeng. Umma will faint.”

“Silly , umma won’t faint.”

“What do you think umma would do?” Jessica asked

“Umma will say ‘WAE WAE WAE WHY DO YOU BUY SO MUCH?’ “ Jessica laughed her off when she saw her daughter impersonating Yuri. She patted her daughter’s bottom.

“Dae, you’re right. That is what umma will do. Do you think it’s enough for now?” Both of them looked at their trolley. Then they looked at each other and nod at the same time. Jessica giggled and bumped her forehad to her daughter’s. The little girl reached out and kissed Jessica’s lips.

“How a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter