Work Life and Family Life

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm clock rang indicating 6:30 am, Yuri groaned and tried to move her arms only to find her daughter laying on top of it. She smiled to herself and patted her daughter’s head, moving the hair that is blocking her view. She landed a kiss on her daughter’s little forehead and grinned to herself. She looked at the figure next to her daughter and her smile grew wider. Jessica was sleeping soundly , one of her hand was up above her head. Yuri slammed the alarm clock and slowly eased herself out of bed. She has to go to work today and her heart felt heavy leaving her girls at home. She went in the bathroom and washed her face up before heading to the gym for a workout session before going to work.

She did her morning workout and went back upstairs , her wife and daughter is still sleeping. She went into the shower and took her time. She thought of the projects currently ongoing in her company and arranged her schedules for today. When she went out , Hae Ji was already awake and was looking around. The little girl saw her umma and scrambled down from the bed and walked towards Yuri. The tanned woman opened her arms and engulf her daughter in a hug.

“Did you sleep well?” Yuri asked. The little girl hummed in response and continue hanging onto her umma. Yuri held her daughter up and walked into their closet , picking out her work clothes. She put her daughter down and changed into her work outfit before applying her make up and drying her hair up. “Let’s go. You don’t have any classes today. Umma will set some work assignments for you today.”

The mother daughter duo then walked into Hailey’s room. The little girl sat on her little pink study chair while waiting for her umma to come with her assignments. Yuri chose her daughter’s workbook out and decided for the little girl to do some basic numbers and mathematics.

“Do you remember what umma taught you?” The little girl nod her head.

“Okay, umma will mark the pages. After breakfast , you will do these work assignments.” Yuri proceed to mark a few pages of mathematics , English and Hangul.

“Let’s go. Have breakfast with umma. I’m lonely.” Yuri pouted to her daughter gaining a cute laugh from the little girl. They went downstairs and saw the gang already devouring their breakfast. She sat her daughter in her high chair and took their portion of food.

“Baby , be good today.. mummy is staying home today to work. Don’t find trouble for her okay?” Yuri nagged at her daughter while the latter just busily munch on her food. After finishing her food , she sent her daughter up for another round of sleep before leaving to the office.

“Baby ppo ppo.” Mini Kwon Yuri received a face full of wet kisses much to her delight.

“This morning only Ji Ji got kisses. Mummy , Wonnie and Nana didn’t get kisses too.” The little girl giggled and puckered her lips to Yuri. The latter leaned down and was a happy recipient of a big wet sloppy kiss on the lips.

“Umma anyeong…. Saranghae. Work hard today.” JI Ji say to her umma. Yuri waved her hand and walked into her car and sped to the office.

 

Yuri walked into her company and Heechul already start swarming around her, filling her in with her schedules and what nots. She started off her morning with a board meeting with her investors and that lasted all the way till lunch. After lunch with Heechul she was busy in the construction site of the new eco project , then visiting the pre school taking in the environment , the color schemes , the interior designing , and watching her security personnel setting up the emergency measures and safety plans. After getting back from the construction sites, she was once again tossed up in meetings and planning and more meetings , if it wasn’t for Heechul who reminded her of the time, she would have kept working.

“Yah , it’s already 6 , what time are you planning to go home?” Yuri looked at her watch , she panicked for a moment and called her wife. It took a few seconds before her call got through.

“Hey Sica…”

“Hey… where are you?”

“I’m sorry. I lost track of time. I’m just packing my stuff now.”

“Seriously… just get home quick. We miss you.”

“I know. Me too.”

“Hang up quickly and come home now.”

“Yes dearest.”

Yuri hang up her phone and start packing. She took a look at the photo frame in front of her and picked it up. ‘Soon , it will be the five of us. I am waiting for the havoc that comes.’ Yuri thought . She sped home after packing and was home within a short amount of time. When she arrived home , her wife and daughter was already waiting for her at the front porch. She parked her car and get out to give her girls a hug.

“Hey Sica-baby…” Yuri cooed to her wife and engulf the older woman in a tight hug.

“I missed you this morning.”

“I’m sorry. You were sleeping so peaceful. I don’t want to wake you up.” Yuri said while sniffing her wife’s sweet scent. After a while, Yuri broke out of the hug and gave Jessica a sweet peck on the forehead.

“How are you today?”

“I’m fine Yuri-ah.”

“Did the twins gave you troubles?” Yuri asked worriedly. Since entering the 8th week of pregnancy Jessica has been having bouts of morning sickness and that worries the tan woman very much.

“I am okay today. Just missing you a lot.” Jessica held onto Yuri’s work shirt earning a wide grin from the latter. Yuri turned to her daughter and opened her arms up , the little girl stomped her feet to Yuri.

“Wae… baby?”

“Kiss me first.” The little girl demanded. Jessica shook her head at her daughter’s possessiveness. Yuri laughed and kissed her daughter’s jutting lips.

“Umma misses you so much today…”

“Then why didn’t you hug and kiss me first?” Hailey asked

“Because this morning , umma kissed you first and didn’t kiss mummy , Wonnie and Nana. So now , in exchange umma kiss mummy first then only umma kiss you.” Yuri tried to talk sense into her daughter although part of her knows that her daughter is way too jealous now to listen. The little girl folded her arms on her chest, Jessica finds it funny when she sees her daughter like this , she’s too alike Kwon Yuri.

“Let’s go have dinner already.” Jessica gathered her girls and hustled them to the car. Yuri picked her daughter up and get the girl into the car seat before making sure her wife is comfortable. “Let’s have Japanese food tonight.” A round of cheers came out from Jessica and Hailey.

During the ride there , Yuri asked her daughter , “Ji-ah , did you finish the work umma gave you?”. The little girl nod , but Yuri can’t see as she was driving.

“She did , she finished all of them. And she even did most of it without asking me.” Jessica answered for her daughter. She was supervising her daughter this morning after she had her breakfast , and was pleasantly surprised that her daughter can finish up her works without kicking much of a fuss or even asking Jessica for help.

“What did you guys do today?” Yuri asked again. She was curious of her girls’ day while she was gone. Jessica shrugged her shoulders , “Nothing much , just look at the figures of the store. It’s getting better day by day. Read her a few books. More like I make her read the book to me while I correct some of her pronunciations and some words that she don’t know how to read.”

“In English or Hangul?”

“Both.”

“How is her reading skills?” Yuri asked.

“Not bad. She knows a lot of words by now.” Yuri nod her head at Jessica’s answer. She wants her daughter to have a strong start.

 

At the restaurant , Hae Ji rushed forward to hold Yuri’s hand and dragged her umma to sit next to her. Yuri just followed along with Jessica walking behind them slowly. The waiter put them in a private room. Ji Ji opened up her little bag and pulled out a few books forcefully. Yuri looked on funnily , then her daughter put those books in her lap.

“Umma , check.” Hailey wants her umma to check her work like what she always does. Yuri nod her head and complied. She opened up the pages.

“WAHHHH!!!! You got this right!! Good job !” Yuri kissed her daughter noisily at every correct answer the little girl got. She does that every time and Hailey loves it. Jessica recorded the moment on her phone and put it on her Instagram page.

@jessicasyj : Umma’s little girl. I’ve already checked her works before my wife comes home and she still wants Yuri to check again to get kisses. #wherearemykissesKwons

Yuri checked her daughter’s work seriously and noticed the little girl’s improvements in her hand writing and basic mathematics. It makes all the hard work she did teaching her kkab daughter worthwhile. “You are improving every time Hae Ji-ah , good job.” Yuri patted her daughter’s head and earned a hug from the little girl.

“I checked your work too and you didn’t hug me like this.” Jessica whined to their daughter. Hae Ji laughed and walked over to Jessica to give her a wet kiss.

“Mummy , I love you.” She said sweetly and Jessica immediately hugged her girl tight.

“I love you too. And your dongsaeng love you too”

Yuri signaled the waiter and began ordering their food. From sushi , to teppanyaki ,to tempura and shabu shabu. “Since Ji ji is so good and clever today , why don’t we go to the night market? Ji Ji hasn’t been there since she was a baby.”

Jessica and Hailey both looked up at her and smiled widely indicating yes. The little girl jumped around the room and flung her body to Yuri’s back. The tanned woman grabbed her daughter’s small arm wrapped around her neck softly and rocked them both back and forth.

“When did you bring her to the night market ?” Jessica asked curiously , she was sure it was after she left them. Since Yuri was so busy before she left that even talking to her for fifteen minutes was impossible.

“A few weeks after you left, Krystal got sick. Kang emmo too. So I need to take care of her. I got back from work early and she was crying her little lungs out. Nothing can soothe her. I think she was not used to not having you around. She kept crying , I tried rocking her , checking her diaper , gave her a warm bath. Fed her and all but she still continued crying. Out of desperation , I strapped her in the car seat and went for a night drive. Somehow , the night lights managed to calm her down. I stopped near a night market and carried her there. There was so much to see and it manages to calm her down and even put her to sleep.”

Jessica listened intently while her hand wrapped around Yuri’s. After a while she looked at her wife , “Let’s get those photo stickers later.” Yuri winced , “Aish , what do you want to do with that?”

“Do you remember we used to take these sticker photos in photo booths last time?”

Yuri smiled at the memory , it was when they first started dating. One of their favourite dating place was the night market located near their hagwon , after tuition classes they would go there to explore and date. They will take funny pictures at the photo booth and stick their pictures over their phone , their pencil cases , their water bottles , everywhere to lay claim on each other. “We were so cringy back then.” Yuri said.

“We still are now , but let’s take the pictures later with Hae Ji”

“Why?”

“I was going through some of our old stuff this afternoon and I found a stack load of photo booth stickers. It was just both of us then , young and free. Now we have Hae Ji and another two in my tummy. I want to take those pictures and see the before and after.” Yuri grabbed Jessica’s hand and gave it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter