The Talk That Never Happened Part 2

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica watched from the window outside as various tubes and wires hang from the small body. “How am I suppose to tell her that her umma is gone?” 

 

“Sica...” Hyoyeon’s voice called out.

 

“Hey...how is it?”

 

“A manhunt is launched. We identified the driver. She’s an in a club. Police suspected that she may be driving under the influence.”

 

Jessica closed her eyes , while Hyoyeon eyed the little girl unconscious on the hospital bed. “How is she?”

 

“Fighting hard. She just finished surgery and will take a few days to wake up. I still have no idea how to tell her that her umma’s gone?” 

 

“The driver is now charged with driving under influence , hit and run , and murder charges. She won’t be seeing the outside world for a while.”

 

“If we find her Hyo...” Jessica said dejectedly. 

 

“I’ve arranged her funeral. But Victoria told me to delay it. In case Mina wakes up and would like to send her umma off for the last time.”

 

“That would be great. Thanks Hyo... and the funeral costs?”

 

“Yuri said that she will bear it all. Including the medical fees and Mina’s future.” Hyoyeon said slowly. Soon silence wrapped around them as the slow beeping sound of the machine rang around them.

 

“Go back and rest. Your daughters miss you. Yuri was telling me the twins are kicking up a storm at home.” Jessica smiled at the thought of her twins giving Yuri a hard time.

 

“I probably should get back. Ji Ji is probably home now and with Yuri and those three. I don’t think there’s a house to go back to.” Jessica jokes while glancing at Mina.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be here. I’ll stay the night in fact...”

 

“It’s not your fault Kim Hyoyeon. Don’t beat yourself to it.” Jessica said while squeezing Hyoyeon’s shoulders lightly. The blonde woman just smile.

 

 

 

The moment she entered her house , she already heard the twins screaming their heads off. She took off her shoes and soon she heard her eldest running towards her.

 

“Mummy!!!”

 

“Hello sweetheart... how are you today?”

 

“I got a star today for helping my friends with their work!” Ji Ji beamed proudly

 

“Really?! That’s so sweet and kind of you.. as expected of my daughter.” Jessica said and kissed her daughter’s cheek lovingly. At the same time her thought flew to Mina , the poor girl will never felt her mother’s warmth again. 

 

“Sica? Sica!!!!” Yuri shouted while holding one twin in her arms and another strapped to her chest. She walked fast towards her wife and rested her head on Jessica’s shoulder.

 

“I can’t... I’m gonna go crazy. They kept crying for nothing.” Yuri complained. Jessica took one of the wailing twins in her arm and gave her a kiss.

 

“Hello my little troublemakers... do you miss mummy?” Immediately after hearing their mummy’s voice both the twins quiet down and silently on their pacifiers. Yuri handed the twins to Jessica while she flung herself to the couch. “Oh my god... I’m so tired!” She exclaimed

 

“You’re still in pajamas?” Jessica asked

 

“These two have to be held all day today. Can’t even put them down, can’t even transfer them to anyone.” 

 

“Hey... let’s go out for dinner.”

 

“With these two?” Yuri asked skeptically

 

“Yeah, it’s nearly feeding time. Let’s give them a warm shower, food and then let them sleep. Then we can have dinner together.”

 

“Umma let’s go.... umma....” Ji Ji held her umma’s hand and shake it.

 

“Arasso... Arasso. What my princess wants , my princess gets it.” She pulled her daughter to her body and kissed her all over.

 

“Umma... I want to eat fried chicken.. and bingsu” Ji Ji finishes her sentence with a cute pout , Yuri chuckled and agreed. They gave the twins a warm bath and a bottle and before they finished the bottle, both of them already deep in dreamland.

 

“Sleep tight troublemakers...” Yuri said and land a kiss on their foreheads. Jessica slowly clipped Haven into her car seat while Hailey climbed into her own seat and buckling it. 

 

“Let’s go..” Yuri said and they make their way to the restaurant. On the way there Jessica kept looking st Hailey. Yuri reached our  and held Jessica’s hand in hers. “How are you ? Really ?”

 

“Tumultuous. One word is enough to describe it.”

 

“I have Siwon Oppa and Eunhyuk Oppa to start searching for her father and start preparing documents in case we need to take guardianship of her.”

 

“I never thought of that...” Jessica said.

 

“You take care of that little girl. Leave all the legal work and bills to me...” 

 

“What’s gonna happen to her now Yuri...” 

 

“Whatever happens, we will take care of her. It’s that simple.” 

 

“How do we tell her ?” Jessica asked her wife while staring at Hailey . Yuri sighed, “We’ll tell her later after dinner.” 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon stares from outside not even knowing that her girlfriend is looking at her. Her mind was troubled since the beginning. She felt partly responsible for this child. She felt sorry for this child. 

 

“She’s pretty...” Nicole’s voice broke her thoughts

 

“When did you arrive?” Hyoyeon asked while reaching over to hug her girlfriend

 

“20 minutes ago... you were staring off.”

 

Hyoyeon hummed and inhaled her girlfriend’s scent , the very scent that she love, it calms her down.

 

“Baby.... don’t think too much. None of this is your fault.”

 

“If only I started the project early...”

 

“Hyoyeon-ah, in life there’s no what ifs and why. If everything has what ifs, humans will all live with no regrets. And when someone is destined to die or when their time is up, they will go. No matter what you do. You can’t prevent it or cheat it. Life is a gamble since the day we are conceived, everyday is a game with God. He gave us life, and we gamble it with him. But in every gambling game , we know we are going to lose once. We will have to pay one day. It’s just a matter of when baby...”

 

“Babe...” Hyoyeon said softly and hugged her girlfriend tighter. Nicole just hummed and rub her girlfriend’s back softly. “It’s okay. I’m here. I’m here for every decision and life choices you will make baby...” Hyoyeon chuckled and kissed her nape. “You’re the best..” 

 

“I know...” 

 

“She’s really pretty...” Nicole said suddenly. Hyoyeon looked at her girlfriend weirdly. “What’s with that stare? I’m telling the truth look... her faces bruised up now but you can still see clearly. She’s doll like. No wonder that mini Kwon Yuri is so infatuated with her..”

 

“Aniya.. I still can’t believe she has a girlfriend now.” Hyoyeon said while shaking her head

 

“She’s a Kwon. She knows a pretty girl when she sees one, and she’s also a Jung. She loves hard and she falls deep.” 

 

“You’re right. She is pretty. Like you so pretty...” Hyoyeon leaned in and smooched her girlfriend’s cheek.

 

 

 

 

Jessica eyed her wife when they finished their dessert , Yuri was fumbling with the diaper bag. Out of frustration , Jessica snatched the bag away and glared at Yuri. The tanned woman sighed , she moved closer to Hailey and held her close to her body.

 

“Princess...” Yuri called out

 

“Wae..?” Ji Ji asked while trying to finish that last drop of bingsu. Yuri took the bowl away from her daughter and wiped her little mouth.

 

“Umma needs to tell you something. You listen carefully okay?” Ji Ji nod her head and sat back on the chair staring at Yuri

 

“This morning , Mina didn’t come to class right?”  Ji Ji nod her head sadly

 

“I miss her...” she said softly

 

“Baby...something happened this morning while Mina is on her way to school. Mina and her umma were in a car accident...” Yuri said slowly and held her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter