Happy New Year

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri looked at her daughter getting all dolled up ,her hair being pulled into a neat bun at the top of her head , her light blue ballet gown with all its puffs , the white stocking , she cannot imagine that this little girl was her baby. She rubbed her eyes and tried hard not to cry , she felt her little girl slipping away. Suddenly an arm wrapped from behind , she relaxed her body immediately smelling the familiar perfume.

“My big baby crying?” Jessica asked cutely. Yuri nod her head and continued looking at her daughter. “She looks so beautiful tonight.” Jessica chuckled and faced Yuri , “It’s just a ballet performance not prom. Stop being overdramatic.” Yuri took in her wife’s dress and grinned , “You look the most beautiful tonight.”

Jessica felt her face blushed and she slapped her wife’s arm playfully. “Let’s go or we are gonna be late.” Yuri stood up and take a final look at herself , ‘I look good’ she thought and grinned to the mirror. Upon reaching down to the living room , everyone was already ready.

“Let’s go. Let’s car pool. Don’t take up the parking spaces.” Sooyoung suggested earning a stream of nods. Yuri kept taking deep breaths while driving making Sooyoung and Sunny laughed at her. “Yuri-ah , what will you do when Ji Ji goes to kindergarten?” Sunny asked.

“She is going to cry buckets.” Sooyoung jeered. Yuri scoffed and ignored them , she took a glance at her daughter and found the little girl was quiet today. “JI Ji , are you okay?” She asked. Ji Ji looked at her and nod her head. “Are you nervous?” The little girl shrugged and was quiet all the way till the ballet academy.

After they arrived and seated , Jessica and Yuri went backstage to look for their daughter. Instead of finding her talking to her friends like she normally does , Ji Ji was doing warm ups. Practicing on her splits and her pointe. Yuri walked over and Ji ji quickly stopped everything and looked up at her. Yuri held her daughter up and asked for a permission from the instructor to give the little girl a breather. Jessica followed along.

“JI Ji-ah , umma knows you are nervous. But don’t be. You did well these past few days.”

“I can do better.”

“OF course you can. But you need to relax. At this point, all you need to do is enjoy. If you are not relaxed about this , you will miss out on the good parts.” Yuri advised”

“What good parts?” Ji Ji asked

“Spending time with your friends. Having fun with them. Dancing with them. It is the process that matters , of course if you did an excellent job later. It is good. But instead of you pushing so hard , umma wants you to enjoy it. I want you to enjoy dancing , not being stressed out by dancing. Umma wants you to enjoy these moments with your friends. Umma saw how hard you work , and I want you to do your best. That’s it . You understand?” Ji ji stared at her and burrowed her head on Yuri’s shoulders.

“Umma , mummy , all your dongsaengs and all your emmos will love you no matter what. It will never change.” Yuri heard Ji Ji hummed softly and patted her daughter’s back lightly a few times before Jessica took her into her arms.

“Baby , just do your best and enjoy. We want to see you happy. That’s the most important part for us.” Ji Ji just hummed softly while enjoying her mummy’s scent. Yuri tapped her daughter’s shoulder and the little girl shot her head up to look at her , Yuri pointed to their seats. “Look there. We are all sitting there. When you come out later and you are afraid , just look at us.” Yuri leaned down and kissed her daughter’s forehead , “Umma love you. Mummy loves you. Wonnie and Nana loves you too.” Jessica kissed her daughter’s cheeks before walking to the backstage , she placed her daughter down, “Enjoy tonight my sweetheart. I love you so so much.” Jessica kissed her daughter’s forehead and leave.

“HWAITING!” Yuri shouted and everyone else did the same; lifting the heavy mood in the room.

 

Yoona took in a few deep breaths before walking towards the rest of them. They were sitting down and looking through the itinerary for the event. She walked up to them and tapped Taeyeon’s shoulder. The older woman looked up and gasped , “YOONA! I thought you won’ t be coming.”

“I won’t miss my favourite niece’s performance.” She said before getting some bone crushing hugs from everyone. Jessica even flicked her forehead for not reading her messages and ignoring her. “Sica unnie , if you keep getting angry your twins will be fussy and grumpy babies. I don’t think you want that.”

“Yah… you jerk. Are you cursing us?” Yuri seethed , but Yoona just laughed. Her eyes took in the sight in front of her. She took a deep breath , her eyes fell on Seohyun. Who was just sitting there staring at her with tears in her eyes. But Yoona quickly shifted her eyes elsewhere, choosing to sit next to Yuri , she is determined to sit as far away as her ex as possible. Yuri sensed the tension and quickly grabbed Yoona and forced her to sit next to her.

“How is she feeling unnie?”

“Who?”

“Ji Ji… who else do you think I am talking about?”

“Erm…Seohyun?” Yuri said softly

Yoona sighed and looked forward, “She is no longer my concern.”

“Really? So she’s Jung Yonghwa’s now? She already drew the lines with him.”

“But that does not mean she can undo the mistakes she made. It’s too much. This betrayal is way too much unnie.”

“Yoona , deep in your heart , you still love her.She is doing all she can to make it up to you. Your Sica unnie did the same to me too , I was hurt too , remember? But deep in my heart I know I will always love her , and when you both love each other , love will always find a way together.”

“Unnie , you and Sica unnie is different-

“How?”

“You both are meant to be together.”

“And you both are not.”

“Look where we are now.” Yoona said.

“Every love story has its ups and downs. Ask Taeyeon and Tiffany. Ask Krystal and Sulli. It’s just a little bump now Yoona-ya… don’t push her away and send her into his arms. There is only so much a heart can take.”

“Unnie… I’ve made my decisions. I cannot look at her and pretend that I am okay. Everytime I think of us , of our past , of our future , unnie my heart just hurts so much. It hurts so much I can’t take my next breath. I … I…” Yoona could not continue her words , tears were already choking her. Yuri pulled her in for a hug.

“Unnie knows the feeling.. just let it out.”

“No. Not here. I can’t. Not in front of her.” Yoona whispered harshly. Yuri pulled her up and walked out while texting her wife the situation. Jessica took a look at the text and immediately showed Tiffany who was sitting next to her. The surgeon then took her daughter out of her wife’s embrace, “Go out and try to talk to Yoona.” She commanded. Taeyeon obliged and kissed her daughter’s little nose before leaving.

Tiffany’s eyes twitched , “That midget! She kissed her and she didn’t kissed me.And she walked away just like that.” Jessica chuckled , “Now you know how I feel. Trust me there’s more coming your way soon.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter