New Addition?

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right after Dr Han makes her round and checking up on her wife , Yoona left for the nursery. Dr Lee was already inside checking up on Han Byul. “Anyeong Yoona-ssi, you’re here early.”

“Yeah… how is she?”

“Still stable. She is doing well as for now.”

“Can I go in?”

“Not yet. It’s not visiting hours yet. But in another half an hour , it will start. You can wait here.”

“Okay. Thank you. My wife already pumped some milk.” Yoona informed.

“Pass it to the nurse and make sure to fill in the form” Dr Lee left soon after. Yoona walked up to the nurse in the reception. “Hi… I want to drop off milk for baby in incubator number 5.”

“Okay. Please fill up the form. Write down mother’s name , and guardian name. And baby’s name.” Yoona took the form and happily wrote down her daughter’s name. Im Han Byul , Skylar Luna.

“Wah..that’s a long name.” The nurse commented.

“Just call her Han Byul…”

“Nae…three packs of fresh milk for Han Byul-ssi.” The nurse printed out a sticker with Seohyun’s name and Han Byul’s name along with the date and incubator number before putting it in a container and storing it in the fridge. Yoona wandered along the corridor waiting for the time to pass quickly so she can go in and see her daughter. A nurse who saw her wondering around called out to her, “Excuse me , is your child inside the NICU?”

“Nae..incubator 5, That’s mine.” Yoona said happily.

“Oh..you don’t look like you just gave birth.”The nurse said looking at Yoona up and down. Yoona chuckled, “Not me. The baby is mine , but my wife is the one who gave birth.”

“Ah..I see. No judgment here. Your baby is pretty strong. Today she managed to open her eyes a little. I have been a NICU nurse for 23 years now , and we will see each other almost everyday till she graduates from NICU. Rest assured , we all here are professionals and we will do our best to care for your daughter.”

“Thank you, it really is relieving to hear this from you.”

“Does she have a name yet?” The nurse asked.

“Nae…her name is Im Han Byul , but you can also call her by her English name Skylar Luna.”

“What a pretty name…. my name is Nurse Kim Kyuyeon. You can call me whatever but no degratory names please.” The nurse joked and Yoona laughed a little. “Your wife and you will be spending long hours here everyday with her , instead of just standing around. We encourage parents to decorate the incubator a little. Soft toys are not encouraged, if you want you have to pass it to the nurse to have it washed properly with antiseptic liquid. But it will damange the toy. You can stick some stickers or your pictures on the incubator for your baby to look at , or decorate her incubator. Since she has such a beautiful name , why don’t you make a name plate for her on her incubator so everyone knows her name.” Nurse Kim advised. Yoona smiled happily. “I can do that?”

“OF course. It is a way for parents to relieve stress and spend time with the nurses and the NICU team. We are now a team Yoona-ssi , our goal is to get little Han Byul to breathe and eat on her own and stabilize her own body temperature and from there we will continue to work harder towards other goals.”

“Nae.. I will inform my wife. We will start decorating for her. Nurse Kim smiled and look at her watch , “It is time now. Come on , let’s see your little big star.”

Yoona sterilized herself and put on the surgical gown and gloves , she entered and immediately walked up to her daughter’s incubator. “Hello sweet girl…its mama. Umma will come soon okay? She’s still recovering. How are you? How was your sleep?” A nurse came forward and opened the incubator opening. Yoona wasted no time and put her hand inside carefully , she her daughter’s hand and put a finger on her daughter’s palm. Miraculously Han Byul reacted, she clutch lightly on her mama’s hand , her fingers and palm are a third of Yoona’s finger.

“Wah…she must have missed you Yoona-ssi…” Nurse Kim came along and said. “I think so… I miss you too Han Byul-ah..” She lifted her daughter’s hand carefully and watch as Han Byul still manage to hold on her mama’s hand.

“You’re here so early….” A nurse said , Yoona turned around and recognized her as part of the NICU team from last night. “Good morning. Yeah I missed this little one…”

“Got a name yet?” She asked, Yoona nod her head.

“Han Byul, Im Han Byul.”

“Oh…such a pretty name. Han Byul here has been doing really good , but she was noisy. The whole time she was whimpering and we have to change her place. The previous place nearby the window wasn’t to her liking. We changed her nearer to the centre of the room where it’s more spacious.”

“Aigoo…already making troubles.” Yoona cooed to her daughter.

“Yoona…” A familiar voice called out , it was Tiffany. She came early to see her niece.

“Fany unnie..”

“Dr Hwang from trauma…” The nurse said.

“I know her… she’s my unnie.” Yoona said proudly , the nurse just nod her head. This little baby has connections in the hospital.

 

“What are you doing here unnie?”

“To see my niece of course.” Tiffany stepped closer and take a look . “Hello little Skylar Luna… hello beautiful girl. It’s your Fany emmo. Please get stronger and come home to us okay?” Yoona smiled her daughter is so loved. “Yoona, how are you and Seohyun?” Tiffany asked, the latter just shrugged her shoulders while keeping her eyes trained on her daughter. “We are okay. We have to be okay. No point crying now. We need to be strong for Skylar. She can feel our emotions it seems… if she can I want her to be happy. I want her to feel happiness and love, if I can do that much , I will do everything that I can for her to feel it.”

Tiffany patted Yoona’s back , “Do you know Skylar doesn’t just mean the sky… it also means eternal life and strength.” The surgeon informed and watch as Yoona’s mouth widened. “JInjia?! Wah… Skylar-ya, umma and mama are really good at giving names right?”

“Who would have thought you will name your daughter after the sky , moon and star? I swear if you have a second child, you should name her Solar Jupiter.” Tiffany joked.

“That’s a good one unnie, Solar Jupiter Haneul Im..”

It was Tiffany’s turn to widen , that was a really good name. The nurse overheard their conversation and butted in , “We have a preemie over there. Right next to Han Byul , her name is Haneul. No family name. After giving birth , her parents abandoned her. The social service is not here yet. But she is three days old today.”

“No traces of the parents?” Tiffany asked. The nurse shook her head, “Fake ID, fake name, fake address. The police could not locate them too. Must have gone off radar already. Poor baby…” Tiffany and Yoona looked at each other and walked towards the baby boy. “What’s her condition?” Tiffany asked further.

“Low birth weight, unstable body temperature ,anemia, can’t breathe on its own… she is actually relatively healthy and has no issues here.”

“How did she get her name Haneul?” Yoona asked.

“We just gave her one. Its bad enough that she has no parents , she deserves a name. So we name her Haneul since she was born on a bright afternoon day.”

Tiffany shook her head, “How bad is their life that they need to abandon their child?” Yoona stared at Tiffany , “Not everyone is as lucky as our babies unnie…”

“You are right… our kids better grow up grateful or I will personally punish them one by one.” Tiffany warned. Yoona just chuckle, “Unnie… you have to get in line. Yuri unnie is a much scarier umma. She is so strict with Hae Ji… you just wait unnie your Rosie and the twins will be disciplined by her.”

Tiffany laughed, she knew those three will be getting into trouble in no time. Those three are so different in personality but you just can’t see them separated from each other. She looked at the time and gestured to Yoona, “I gotta go. But I will make sure to keep you updated from Professor Doctor Lee. Don’t worry too much Yoong, he’s the best pediatric cardiologist in the nation.” Yoona nod her head, “Thank you unnie.” Tiffany gave her a smile and said goodbye to her niece before walking out of the room. Yoona spent another half an hour to one ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter