Sweetest Love

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun and Yoona have been spending their spare time decorating for Han Byul’s incubator. Yoona made a little name banner with her daughter’s name, both in English and in Korean. While Seohyun cut out little stars and a picture of her and Yoona to be stick on the incubator. Her stitches were not hurting that much anymore , and Dr Han said she is allowed to walk a little. She finally can see her daughter. Yoona was excited for her family , finally they can be together. “Are you ready?”

Seohyun nod her head and slowly got down from the bed , she picked up the stickers , “Let’s go see Han Byul.” Yoona smiled happily and hold out her hand for her wife , instead of taking the stairs like she has been doing for the past few days , they took the elevator. When the elevator door opens , Yoona stepped out slowly with her wife, because of her frequent visits and friendly demeanour she has been on first name basis with everyone on the NICU team. “Anyeong Kyuyeon-ssi, this is my beautiful wife. My little big star’s umma.”

“Oh,,,anyeonghaseyo. I am Kyuyeon, you can call me anything you want.”

“Anyeonghaseyo, I am Seo Ju Hyun, you can call me Seohyun.” She said quietly , the head nurse was astounded , Yoona was loud and friendly and cheerful while her wife is soft and quiet. She chuckled to herself, “Don’t be shy, you will spend a lot of time here till little Han Byul is discharged. Better get used to us.”

Seohyun said a meek yes and slowly inched behind her wife , Yoona laughed and kissed her hand. “Arasso. We will go see Han Byul.” She dragged her wife along and introduced her to the team and helping her with her dressing gowns and gloves. “See…she’s still sleeping. Han Byul-ah…umma is here.” She whispered to her daughter. Seohyun stared at her sleeping angel , tears were flowing down. It’s the first time she met her daughter, she longed to hold her daughter and give her a kiss and a hug, but she can’t , she longed to feed her daughter and feel that magical bond between her child and her. Yoona squeezed her hand a little, “Don’t cry. She’s here. She can feel all our emotions.”

Seohyun wiped away her tears and smiled a little at Yoona , “I know..but I just…I want to hold her so much.” Yoona nod her head , she opened up the small opening and put her wife’s hand inside , “Touch her. She’s small and fragile yet she feels all our emotions and touches.” Seohyun was hesitant at first, she don’t want to hurt her daughter. Han Byul looked so small and fragile under all those wires and tubes. Yoona sensed her wife’s apprehension, she took Seohyun’s hand in hers and their daughter’s little leg. “Han Byul, irreona. Umma is here to see you.” She then moved their hand to Han Byuls’s little head, Seohyun held her breath the whole time. “Touch her… it’s okay. You won’t hurt her.”

“H..Han Byul-ah… umma’s little angel. Mianhe… umma didn’t protect you well.” Seohyun felt her tears coming out again. Yoona hugged her wife tight , “Shh…you did all you can. And she is doing well now, we should be happy for that. She is growing strong every day.” Seohyun took a deep breath and steadied herself, “Han Byul-ah… uri Han Byul, please grow up strong and healthy. Umma and mama wants to bring you to so many places and try lots and lots of things.”

“Umma wants to kiss you so badly…” She whispered, Yoona who heard it kissed her wife’s cheeks surprising Seohyun. “What are you doing?”

“You said you want to kiss her , but you can’t so I kiss you first. Is it like kissing her?” Yoona asked cheekily , a smile spread across her wife’s beautiful face, she couldn’t help but held Seohyun’s face in her hands , “I love you. We can go through this. Whatever happens, we will go through this as a family. Okay?” Seohyun nod her head , “Han Byul and I are so lucky to have you. What are we suppose to do without you?” Yoona held her wife close to her and both stared at their daughter, surprisingly when they turn their heads Han Byul opened up her eyes. “Omona…neomu ippeoda. Han Byul-ah, your eyes are so pretty.” Yoona cooed softly and snapped a few pictures with her phone. “My baby girl is so beautiful.. your eyes are so big and glossy.” Seohyun too kept staring at her daughter , in her opinion Han Byul has her wife’s eyes, all big, glossy and deer like. “Can you see us baby girl?” Seohyun asked, little Han Byul has her eyes trained on her mothers, two little black orbs staring intently at them. Seohyun’s hand reached out and her daughter’s hand , “You are so precious baby..”

Yoona put her hand in and held her daughter’s hand too , she held Seohyun’s hand in hers while Seohyun held their daughter’s little hand. She quickly snapped a photo , “Han Byul-ah , umma and mama made you a little banner with your name. Now everyone knows your pretty name. Umma made you little star stickers, you’re named after the stars , do you know that? You are our little big universe, you are our sky , our moon and our star.” They closed the incubator opening and slowly start sticking the stickers on the incubator while watching their daughter.A nurse approached the family, “Wow…nice banner. Han Byul-ah, you have the most pretty incubator around now.”

“Yoona-ssi, we will start feeding her now.”

Yoona and Seohyun stopped their work and watched with concentration as the nurse slowly fed their daughter through the tube, little Han Byul was wide awake and received the milk. After a few minutes , the nurse stopped. “That is enough for now. Her milk intake has been increasing. Later on, we wil give her a little pacifier, it will help to promote latching and also self soothing.” Yoona and Seohyun thanked the nurse and continue watching their daughter slowly falls back asleep , Seohyun chuckled , her little big star is thriving. They continued their work quicky and soon , the incubator is fully decorated. Dr Lee entered and Yoona immediately introduced her wife to him , “How is she?”

“She is doing fine. The sulfactant and the medications are working for her. Her heart is doing fine for now , as of now, let us concentrate on getting her to stabilize her own temperature , breathe on her own and gain weight. What do we mean when she is stabilize , is when we touch her or when we move her slightly in the incubator , the alarms and SATs won’t ring, there will be no bradycardia and distress signals. That is when we know she is stable, when her skin won’t dry out so fast, she is ready to be held for the first time. So right now , she is slowly heading towards that direction. Very good baby,no fuss no complaints from the caregivers.” Dr Lee explained extensively to the new parents , both Yoona and Seohyun slowly relaxed, their daughter is slowly getting there. Slow but there is progress. They thanked the doctor and spent a little more time there before heading back.

Yoona uploaded the picture of the three of them holding hands together on her instagram , “ @yoonalim: I have been off social media for some time, but I have great news!! @seojuhyun and I have become mothers. We are proud parents of Skylar Luna Im Han Byul , born on the 20th of May , she came out too early and too small. She has ventricular septal defect , her umma and I are always always worried about her. Today is the first day, the three of us met. Indeed a special day for our family! Uri Han Byul-ah, stay safe, stay strong and stay healthy. Umma and mama and waiting for you. Can’t wait to hold you for the first time!! Look how small her little hand is !! #finally #myfamily #myprincess #preemie #29weeksold #toosmall #buttoocute”

 

 

The past few days , Yuri has been running around from the hospital to home , to school , she is exhausted. Jessica knew that , that is why she has been cooking healthy food for her wife. Add on with the twins 100 days coming soon , there are lots of things they need to settle. Jessica changed her daughters’ diapers and landed a kiss on their cheeks. She found out recently that whenever Yuri is out , the twins are relatively calm and quiet , whenever her wife is back one or both of them will be fussy and need to be cuddled. She did not tell her wife , but she continued to monitor the twins. Nana is more keen to be cuddled , and Wonnie is just happy and moved her little hand and legs around when her umma is near. Jessica shook her head , her three daughters are all umma’s little princess, and that woman is her daughters slave. She climbed back on the bed and slowly placed the twins on her chest , the girls enjoy tummy time better when they are on their mummy or umma’s body, Jessica handed her girls some rattles and watched as their faces lit up when they shook it.

She heard ruckus downstairs and knew her wife is back, after a few seconds Yuri barged in the room but Jessica held her hand out asking her to keep quiet. “Why?” She mouth. Jessica put her finger to , the twins are relatively calm and quiet and kept playing happily. “Say you’re back.” Jessica commanded. Yuri said it happily , “I am back.. babies.. I miss you!” Jessica watched as Wonnie and Nana turned their heads towards the sound, Wonnie was kicking her legs happily and Nana immediately whined asking to be carried. “Aigoo…wae?” Yuri held both her girls in her arms and kissed their chubby cheeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter