I am Unnie

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The buffet dinner went great with both families thoroughly enjoying themselves. Yuri and Taeyeon were discussing about the business , but most importantly about the new school. Taeyeon has been bringing her daughter to the office for almost a week now since she started working. And her whole work has been revolved around her daughter’s schedule , she is ready to put her daughter in the nursery and get a hundred percent into her work.

“Her immunization is tomorrow. I can’t be there so Ppani will bring her there for the shots then drop her at the office.”

“Or I can take a day off to take care of her myself.” Tiffany suggested.

“You just get back from your maternity leave.”

“I can take an unpaid leave.” Taeyeon shook her head and tapped her wife’s hand gently. “Go to work.”

“Take a few days off after tomorrow Taeng. She’s gonna run a slight fever.” Yuri warned the new parents. Taeyeon nod her head , “I know. I’m just going to work at home.”

“What time is the meeting ending tomorrow?” Jessica asked. Both Yuri and Taeyeon looked at each other then at Jessica and shrugged their shoulders. “Then who will take care of Rosie then if you’re still in the meeting?” Taeyeon widened her eyes after realizing the fact.

“I told you I can take a day off to take care of her.” Tiffany said again. Jessica raised her hands signaling everyone to be silent , “I’ll take care of her.”

“Then it’s done.” Taeyeon said, Tiffany huffed and glared at her wife. Yuri reckoned the tense atmosphere and quickly went off to pay the bill and go home. Yuri and her family were in another car while Taeyeon and her family is in another. “That was pretty tense” Jessica nod her head at Yuri’s sentence. “I thought they would pick a fight there.”

 

“Tae why wouldn’t you let me take the day off to take care of Rosie?” Tiffany wasted no time in questioning her wife after Yuri’s family left. Taeyeon sighed , she knew she was asking for it. “Because you just got back. And you need to get in the surgical room opening up on people. I don’t want your track record to be spoilt.”

“What about our family? I told you , you and Rosie comes first.” Tiffany retorted.

“I know, but you’re a brilliant doctor. I don’t want you to sacrifice that for our family. Many unfortunate families could benefit from your expertise. You could potentially save them from death and painful seperations.” Taeyeon stated.

“But what about our family? I don’t want my daughter to not be close to me because I prioritize other patients before her. Don’t tell me that she will understand , I know its hard for a child to grasp that her mother can’t be there for her because she is working on other people.”

“So what do you want to do now?”

“I want to spend time with my daughter. I want to watch her grow. I want to take an indefinite hiatus from my career.”

“No. You can cut down on your surgeries. You can take on anything you want. But you will continue working as a doctor. You can work in a private sector if you want. It’s less demanding. But you will still be a doctor. You can even open up a clinic.”

“Fine. If that’s the way you want it. I will be a consultant. End of story.”

“But that means you will not be participating in surgeries. You’re just-

“Consulting. Exactly. Works from 8am to 5pm. No unnecessary calls. No emergency surgeries.” Taeyeon sighed and leaned her head on the steering wheel. “But you spent so much years poking me and making me suffer while you go chase after your career. Now you want it to stop. Heck , if you want to be a consultant , we could have gotten Rosie even earlier.” Taeyeon complained.

Tiffany leaned to her wife and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek , “No, Rosie is at the right timing. She is the one that makes me realize my career is not everything. You and our daughter is. I just need you two. No one else matters. Nothing else matters.” She patted her wife’s soft cheeks and smiled.

“Is there anything else I can do to change your mind?” Taeyeon asked. The doctor shook her head. Taeyeon continue staring at her wife while taking in deep breaths , “I love you Taetae.” Taeyeon grunted , “Don’t use that trick on me.”

“And don’t stare at me to make me change my mind. At least I am still a doctor.” Taeyeon smiled tightly at her wife and continued driving back home. Tiffany knew that to keep provoking Taeyeon , so she just let her wife with her thoughts. When they reached home, Tiffany unbuckled her daughter’s seat and carried the baby up while her wife straight went down to the gym. The doctor knew her wife needs to cool off and let the small woman be.

Tiffany sighed and stared at her daughter, “I think you’ll be the one accompanying me to sleep tonight. Right?” The little girl decided to turn her head away at this important moment , makint Tiffany let out a whine. “You were supposed to be on my side. Not umma.”

“Why am I even talking to you?” Tiffany asked no one and walked towards her bedroom and changed her daughter into her pajamas while waiting for Taeyeon to come up. She sighed as she put her daughter on her tummy and watched on as her daughter could stay longer on her tummy now and is trying hard to turn around. She love watching her daughter in her little achievements and she don’t ever want to miss that. She wants to witness every second of it.

She sighed and took out a book to read to her daughter, she carried Rosie up and put her on her chest. “Look how big you’ve grown. You were so small when you came out of umma.” Tiffany kissed her daughter’s forehead and flipped the book open. “Let’s see what we have today… oh it’s the Little Mermaid Ariel!” Tiffany said excitedly while jumping a little with her daughter. Rosie giggled cutely and Tiffany couldn’t help but to kiss her more.

“Little Ariel was the youngest daughter of King Triton , she was a mermaid….” Tiffany finished the story already but little Rosie was still awake. It’s as if she was waiting for her umma to come up and tuck her in together. She rubbed her eyes but still awake. “Are you waiting for umma?” Rosie turned her head to Tiffany upon hearing the word umma.

“Umma is still down there. Why don’t Rosie sleep first? You’ll see umma when you wake up.” A string of inconsistent babbles rang out , “Arasso…arasoo. Let’s wait for umma a little bit more okay?” Tiffany continued to play with her daughter until she heard Taeyeon’s voice.

“Why are you still up?” Taeyeon asked her daughter softly while lifting the little girl up. “My little ducky is not sleeping.” She kissed her daughter’s tummy while lift the girl in the air. Tiffany noticed her wife’s sweaty body and guessed her wife must have had quite a work out in the gym.

“Taeng..” Tiffany and Taeyeon turned their head towards the source of voice and found Yuri who was panting hard with sweat dripping around her. ‘Ah, she worked out with Yuri.’

“What is it Yuri?”

“Go to bed soon. But talk before going to sleep.” Yuri advised her friend before walking away. Taeyeon sighed and looked at her wife. “I’m going for a shower. We need to talk after this. Don’t sleep so early.” Taeyeon passed Rosie over to her wife and strode into the bathroom.

Tiffany stared at her daughter, “Umma will understand right?” Rosie just look the other way, well not that the little baby understands Tiffany anyway. The former sighed and felt her heartbeat quicken when she heard the shower stopped. She held Rosie tighter to herself and braced herself as Taeyeon stepped out of the bathroom. The older woman changed immediately and went out to her wife and daughter. She walked towards her girls and sat in front of Tiffany , she held her hands out and Rosie immediately went to her umma.

‘Traitor…’ Tiffany thought as her daughter rubbed her face on Taeyeon’s chest, making her umma smile gently. “You don’t want to sleep?” She asked her daughter softly. She the little girl’s head a few times before turning her attention to her wife. “Ppani-ah , you really want to stop being a surgeon? It’s just so much hard work and time into it. I don’t want you to regret it in the future. I have so much faith in you to be a good surgeon.”

“I thought of this right after Roseanne was born. I don’t want to miss a single moment of her life. If its possible I want to document her growth every day. The moment she was born , I felt like I had done the best thing ever. It’s like all my previous achievements were nothing. Even changing her diaper made me happy. She is mine. She belongs to me. I can have my achievements being stripped away from me, but I will forever be hers. I will forever be her mummy. Do I feel bad to waste my career, of course. But is it worth is in the long run , yes. I’ve seen how my seniors are like mere strangers with their own children. I don’t want that. I want to be the mummy that cheers the loudest at every sports event, at every performance. I don’t want to miss a thing.”

Taeyeon scooted to the headboard and leaned her back against it , Tiffany followed suit. “Arasso ,if you’ve thought about this for so long. There is no way I can change your mind. You’re still a surgeon. Just not practicing anymore. But promise me, you’ll still perform surgeries from time to time. You’re not allowed to let your skills get rusty.” Tiffany jumped up from the bed and shouted in joy. Taeyeon pulled her wife down and shushed her.

“People are trying to get to sleep.” But Tiffany couldn’t care less , her wish came true already. Taeyeon laughed at her wife’s crazy antics, she looked down at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter