Rest of My Life

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is your daughter?” Hyoyeon’s mother asked, both Nicole and Hyoyeon nod their heads. They watched as the old woman slowly caressed Mina’s face, “Ippeoda…”

“Umma, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. It slipped off my mind.” But her mother just waved her off , “HYoyeon ah , now that you have a child, I hope you can finally understand how we as parents feel. You don’t have to apologize to me , I hope you and Nicole can bring this little girl up properly. There are many thing you both will learn along the way , I hope you two through this life you are building now understand your parents’ past actions. There are many things we did that you all might not agree with , but those are what we thought were good for you. As parents , all we want is for our children to walk a path less painful and bring them happiness. You will slowly understand, be more patient , more understanding and more communication. Alright?”

Hyoyeon cried and hugged her mother tight , she understood what her mother was trying to say , she felt her mother’s love through her words, they might not say it often , but it is definitely felt.

 

 

Yuri walked up to the bedroom to take a look at the twins sleeping , she entered the bedroom and it reeked of poop. “Someone let out a nasty one..” She said and walked towards the crib the twins shared and almost had a heart attack. She ran down and dragged her wife up into their room. Jessica gasped. Kwon Hae Won had a nasty blowout , her shirt , her diapers , her back is dripping with poop. And it reeks. Even Hanna had some poop on her hand.

“How did she let out so much poop?” Jessica asked while staring at her twins sleeping soundly , unbothered by the filth and smell. “How should we clean them up?” Yuri asked, Jessica was speechless , her brain a blur right now. Yuri tried to hold her daughter up , but since their neck muscles are not properly developed it might hurt them ,and Yuri can’t hold her poop infested daughter close to her chest. There’s too much poop. Both of them just stared and Jessica took out a wad of cotton and a bowl of warm water. “Let’s clean her up a little and then bring her in for a bath.”

“Should we use back the clothes?” Yuri winced at the sight of the onesies with yellow murky stains. “I don’t know Yul…should we? It’s a waste to throw it away.” The tanned woman darted her hand inside the crib and cringed at the sensation of cold poop , even Jessica was wincing along. They slowly took off Wonnie’s onesie and that was the beginning of their dilemma. To drag the onesie up over her head and smear poop all over or cut the shirt open? Jessica scratched her head ,she sighed and decided to cut it open when Krystal barged in to see her nieces. She was taken aback by the smell , “Eww….”

“Yah..come here help us.” Yuri called out to her.

“You don’t need three adults to change a diaper unnie…” Krystal said sarcastically and looked into the crib. “HEOL! Daebak sagon…”

“Help me to change the waters while we try to cut the shirt off.” Jessica instructed her sister. “Unnie can’t we take it off?”

“We will smear all over her face then…” Yuri said. Krystal whipped out her phone and start searching for videos online… “Unnie , it says to pull the collar down their shoulders slowly.” Jessica nudged her wife to do it since Yuri’s hand already touched the poop , the tanned woman sighed and slowly pulled the collar of the onesie down and true to what Krytal said they did manage to get it off by sliding it down Haven’s body. “Charanda my big baby…” Jessica said and kissed her sister’s cheek. Krystal grinned and watched as the couple washed up Wonnie and then Nana. Childcare is indeed hard work. Yuri came out holding Nana and Krystal shot her hands out ready to help , Yuri passed her daughter to her sister in law and took the crib mattress and blankets out to wash. Jessica appeared with another twin and both sisters helped to put on clothes on the troublesome twins.

“You guys smell good now…” Krystal cooed and kissed their cheeks , they are already awake and energized. “They do…. They smell like strawberries…” Jessica kissed Wonnie’s little tummy and watch as a smile decorated her daughter’s face. Krystal sighed deeply and promised herself to not get married and pregnant so quickly. It is so much hard work.

 

 

 

Week 28 of Seohyun’s pregnancy, she don’t feel well today , not physically. Her heart feels heavy for some reason and she can’t put a finger on it.She turned and look at Yoona who was eating her favourite snacks beside her and patted her tummy. ‘It just don’t feel right…’ Seohyun thought to herself. Yoona took a glance at her girlfriend and went to her side immediately , “What’s wrong?” Seohyun shook her head , “I’m okay but something just don’t feel right…” Yoona kissed her chubby cheeks , “Don’t think too much…”

Later that night , Seohyun felt as if her nightmare came to life. She is having pain down there. She hope it’s not a contraction but as the pain slowly increases she know she is having a contraction. It’s too early for her child to come out. She woke Yoona up immediately. “Yoong…” She hissed in pain. “What?” Yoona ask groggily.

“I’m having contractions.” Those three words got Yoona jumping out of the bed. “HOW?!”

“I don’t know!” Seohyun gritted her teeth and took a deep breath. Yoona immediately put on a shirt and be by Seohyun’s side. “Let’s go to the hospital now.” And the both of them sped to the hospital. It was 2 in the morning and thankfully the ER is empty. “You are contracting.” The nurse told them , Yoona held Seohyun’s hand tight against hers.

“What do we do now?” Yoona asked

“I’ve contacted the doctor, they’re coming down now.” And the nurse left them be, Seohyun started crying , “Yoong..”

“Shhh…it will be fine. Whatever happens , I’m here.”

After a few minutes , a gynecologist came , “I am the gynecologist obstetrician incharge for tonight. Let’s start the examination.” He proded Seohyun with his fingers to check the contraction and hooked her up on the CTG machine. “Right now, you are contracting. And your cervix is 1cm dilated . We are hooking you up with magnesium to delay your labor , anti-hypertensive medication for your pre-eclampsia and also corticosteroids to mature your baby’s lung in case there is a need to extract the baby out. Currently , your baby is fine. The contractions are at minimal , we will start the medication and monitor you. In the mean time , you will be advised to be on bed rest probably till the end of your pregnancy. Is there any other questions?”

“Will the baby be too premature if we give birth now?” Yoona asked , the doctor nod his head , “You are only 28 weeks pregnant , so your baby is what we call micro premature babies or micro preemies , at inspection your baby weighs less than a kilogram and maybe even smaller than the palm of your hand. Their eyes are still fused shut , their skin are transluce nt , they cannot latch and have to be fed through a tube , they do not have body fats yet and their temperature fluctuate greatly , there might also be multiple complications that might occur. This is just the beginning , once the baby is out , that is when the real battle begins.” The doctor advised. “Thank you doctor” Yoona said grimly

“You are welcome. We are sending you up soon and hooking you up with the medication.” He left leaving the two of them helpless and scared. Yoona kissed Seohyun’s eyebrow and squeezed her shoulders lightly. “We will make it through… I need to fill in your hospitalization. I’ll see you upstairs okay. I love you and I love Tteoki.” Seohyun watched her girlfriend’s back as Yoona left the room, she then cried quietly. Why is this happening to them? What will happen to their little family if Tteoki didn’t survive this? What would happen to her and Yoona then? Her hand reached out to her belly and patted her baby , “Mianhe. Umma is so sorry. Umma cannot protect you well , it’s all umma’s fault. I’m so sorry my sweetheart…”

Yoona walked quickly out of the ward and slid her body down, her tears were falling at this point. She wiped it away , she need to stay strong for her family. She cannot collapse , she must be the last one standing in this family. It is not easy for the three of them to become a family , she will not give up so easily. She will be her family’s protector. She sniffed and took out her phone , calling Yuri.

“Hello?”

“Unnie…”

“Yoona?”

“We’re in the hospital.”

“What?!” There were rustling on the other line and she heard Jessica in the background.

“Seohyun had contractions….” Yoona informed.

“But she’s too early to have them….”

“She is having them now, I just call to inform you guys. I’m going to deal with the paperwork now. I need to call our parents later.”

“No need. I will call them. You just focus on yourself, Seohyun and Tteoki.” Yuri said reassuring the younger girl . “Thank you unnie.” Yoona whispered.

“You’re welcome. Call me if you need anything.”

“I will.” Yoona said and ended the call. She went to the front desk and started filling out forms for Seohyun , it was until the Next Of Kin that she was stunned. She put her name down and the nurse immediately corrected her , “You can only put your name if you are married to her.”

“ But I’m her fiancée.”

“The law doesn’t recognize that. You have to be legally married to be able to put your name in that column. If you are not married , then any type of cohabitation or relationship is not valid. You should put her parent’s name or her siblings. Biological family.” Yoona nod her head glumly , she put Seohyun’s parents name and contact information and finish up the procedure. “Sorry , one more question Miss, what about the baby? If the baby requires emergency care and her mother is unconscious from a surgery…what then…”

“Then we will based it on the mother’s next of kin.” The nurse replied

“Thank you.”

Yoona’s steps were heavy as she walked into Seohyun’s ward , her girlfriend is awake and by the looks of it , she has been crying. Yoona sighed , she can’t stop her from crying and worrying. She tried to smile a little and walked in , her hands on her belly, “Hey.. how you feeling?”

“They poked me… one IV , two injections. One on each buttock.” Seohyun said trying to lighten up the atmosphere , Yoona chuckled lowly and rubbed her hand on Seohyun’s knuckles. “Hang on tight.” She said. “Hyunnie-ah…. Your next of kin and Tteoki’s is your parent’s name. You need to tell them your choices.”

“Why? It should be you.” Seohyun asked softly. Yoona took a deep breath and looked into Seohyun’s eyes , “Because… we are not married and by law , we are mere stranger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter