Bonding Time

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Gotta go. You sure you’ve packed everything?” Taeyeon asked her wife for the nth time. Tiffany just nod her head and sent her wife off, “Trust me. I love you. You want me to wait for you tonight?” Taeyeon just shook her head and kissed her wife’s lips.

“Love you Miyoung-ah..”

“Nado Tae Tae.” Taeyeon kissed her daughter’s temple.

“Umma gotta go. See you tonight. Love you baby girl.” Rosie let out a babble and Taeyeon smiled a little before leaving for work. “Bye!” Tiffany shouted while waving with her daughter’s little arm.

“Yah , enough.” Jessica reminded her best friend . Tiffany turned around and grinned at her. “We haven’t had time like this in a while.” Jessica just nod her head while she slowly munch on her breakfast. “That smile on your face, guess Taeyeon gave in to your ridiculous demands again?”

Tiffany nod , “I will request to be on the consultation team so I can have a more stable time.”

“You’re crazy you know…” Jessica said.

“You too. You gave up your blooming career to have Hae Ji. You gave up everything. But I’m still a doctor just not performing surgeries.” Tiffany defended herself.

“Arasso, do what make you happy. This little girl have her shots today?” Jessica said while pointing towards Rosie. Tiffany nod her head sadly , “Yeah… she might have a fever after this shot. It’s gonna be hard on you right?” Tiffany asked while kissing her daughter’s hair.

“Never thought I would see the day where the great Tiffany Hwang , acclaimed surgeon would turn into a mush for her child.”

“Never would I thought that a block of ice can give birth to three girls.” Tiffany best friend. Jessica rolled her eyes , “What time’s her appointment?”

“Ten thirty..”

“You better go now. Go earlier. They might let you in first.” Tiffany showed an ok sign to her friend and finished up her breakfast and fed her daughter a bottle of milk.

“We’ll go prepare now. See you guys later.” Tiffany called out to her friend and niece.

 

“Let’s see. What are we going to wear today?” Tiffany asked.

“What about this white long sleeve shirt? You’ve never worn this before.”

“Ooh, let’s wear with this overall dress. You like it? It’s pink.. technically dusty pink. But…”

“With this black leggings.”

Tiffany decided on her daughter’s outfit and slowly stripped her daughter. “Belly boop!” She played with her daughter’s belly button making the baby threw a fit of giggles. “Stay here. Let me get a wet cloth.” She left her daughter by herself and came back quickly with a wet cloth and wiped down her daughte’s body. She then hold the little girl in her arms and quickly went into the bathroom to wash her daughter’s face.

“Arrasso , you are all clean now.” Tiffany carried the girl out and slowly put on fresh diaper on her and her outfit. After a few minutes, the little girl is now done. Her mummy clipped her pacifier on her little shirt and popped it into .

“Let’s comb your hair.” Tiffany took out the brush comb and slowly comb her daughter’s black tresses. “Your hair is like umma. So so black and straight.” She nudged her nose to her daughter’s and watched on as the little girl grabbed her nose. “Yah, no eating.” She played a little while with her daughter before deciding it’s time to move. She grabbed the diaper bag. Bag. Not the bagpack her wife uses. Because it’s stylish on her , and got out of the house. By the time she got out, there was already no one home. Jessica and Hailey already left for school and work.

“Let’s go. But first , we need to put you in your car seat.” Tiffany strapped her daughter on and gave the girl a few plushies to play with while she starts driving.

“Rosie… it’s the first time right you spent so much time with mummy? Do you like it?” She asked her daughter , but there was just babbles and saliva spurting. Just like Yuri , Tiffany kept talking to her daughter and before long they reached the hospital. “We are here Rosie posie.”

She hauled her daughter up and walked into the hospital and towards the pediatric department. She registered her daughter and was glad that most of the kids were just there for the shots. Nothing too much. She played a little while with her daughter and interacted with the mothers around. Listening to some tips and just learning a bit more about childcare.

“Kim Hwang Eun Seon” She heard the nurse calling out her daughter’s name. She excused herself from the group of mothers and walked into the consultation room. “Anyeonghaseyo.”

“Oh Dr Hwang… I didn’t know it was you.”

“Yes, Dr Yoo. My wife is busy so I am on duty today.”

“Hahaha oh yes. I see. So your daughter is on her 4th month now. So we will have two shots today and one oral vaccine for rotavirus. The standard procedures.” Tiffany nod her head and slowly stripped her daughter for the physical checkups.

“She is now at.. wow. 8.6kg. A very healthy weight. Above her average peers. And her height is at 60.2 cm. Her head circumference is …. Let’s see… 40cm. All are normal.” Tiffany typed it out on her phone and sent it to her wife.

“Okay. Now some questions? How is her sleep?”

“Good. Just occasionally not sleeping. But if we regulate her sleep cycle back. She’s okay.” Tiffany informed.

“Eating? Still on milk?”

“Yes. Also added formula milk now and some supplementary milk. She seems to eat all the time.”

“You may start on solids now then. Just vegetables and fruits first. Don’t start with meat yet.” Tiffany nod her head and jot it all down.

“Her poop?”

“Normal colour and consistency. Normal frequency too.”

“Well. According to her growth chart, she is now at the 85% percentile. Which is very good. Has she been able to hold her head up?”

“Yes. She’s pretty steady on her neck now. Also has been sitting up with support. Started trying to roll over. But still a little bit weak. Her legs are constantly kicking and bouncing around. Able to move objects from one hand to another. And very loud shrieks and babbles.”

“That’s very good. She is progressing well.” Dr Yoo took out the stetoscope and put it on little Rosie’s chest, hearing intently.

“Healthy heart and lung sounds.” He pressed his hand gently into Rosie’s abdomen feeling for some abnormalities. “Everything is fine. We can proceed with the shots.” Tiffany released a breath and held her daughter close to her. She sees the nurse coming in with the shots now. Dr Yoo chuckled , “It’s okay if you’re the one injecting it on your patients right? It’s a different story if your child is the one getting poked.” Tiffany chuckled along.

“Let’s get started?” Tiffany nod her head and held out her daughter’ chubby thighs to be poked. Dr Yoo was quick in less than a few seconds , both shots were already given. But by the time the bandage aid was pasted on the small wound , Rosie was already wailing.

“Arasso… arasso. Ah mianhe. It hurts. Sorry.” Tiffany held her daughter tight and rocked the little girl back and forth. The nurse tried to calm her down but Rosie was inconsolable. Tiffany kept hushing her daughter while the nurse helped Rosie to dress her up.

“Okay. Any questions for me?” Tiffany shook her head and soon left with her daughter. She sat down outside and waited for their turn to pay and looked at her daughter. “Let’s take a picture for umma.” She took a picture with her bleary eyed daughter, Rosie was pouting and there were tears in her eyes. She sent the picture over to her wife and even included their daughter’s condition.

“Let’s go to Auntie Jessi’s now.”

 

Jessica who attempted to work was disrupted the moment her best friend strutted in with her daughter. The little girl was still sniffling and looked so sad, Jessica couldn’t help but to carry the little girl in her arms. “Wae… Rosie-ya does it still hurts?” Jessica patted the little girl’s thigh. “How’s her checkup?”

“All good. She can move on to solids now.” Tiffany said.

“That’s good. It’s the fun part. You can experiment with a lot of food.” Jessica glanced at the clock and figured it was time to pick her daughter up. “Ya.. let’s go. I need to pick Hailey.” She threw her keys to Tiffany while she hold onto Rosie. They moved towards the parking lot and strapped Rosie in before driving.

Jessica waited for her daughter for a few minutes before she spotted the little girl jumping around with her peers. “Hae Ji-ah…”She called out. The little girl heard her mummy and shot her head up. “MUMMY!” She ran towards Jessica and hugged her tight. “Let’s go for lunch. Rosie is in the car. But you cannot touch her or kiss her. You need to wash your hands in the restaurant.”Hae Ji pouted. But she complied.

As soon as she was in the car, her full attention was on Rosie. “Anyeong…. Unnie is back.”

“Can I hold Rosie’s hand?” Hailey asked softly. Tiffany nod her head and watched on as the little girl held her daughter’s hand while talking to her softly. Tiffany turned to her best friend who was busy texting on the phone, “Do you think they will be like us? Best friends?” Jessica lifted her head up and stared at the doctor , then to the girls at the back. “Most probably not. Their makes it a little bit hard. But Hae Ji will be the unnie they will always run to whenever they had problems. But the twins and Rosie will be good friends since they are just a few months apart.”

“Funny how this all turns out huh? Our kids are best friends just like us. It’s sad that we can’t get pregnant at the same time.”

“Taengoo is the one getting pregnant though…” Jessica giggled. Tiffany rolled her eyes and make a turn into the hypermarket. “Ermm.. aren’t we getting lunch?” Jessica asked.

“We are. In here. I’m craving for some real American burgers, fries and milkshakes.” Tiffany said as she parked the car right. Jessica sighed , she’s craving for some real hot spicy seafood soup. She got out of the car and helped her daughter out of the car seat. “Mummy, what are you eating?”

“Burgers , maybe.”

“I want spaghetti.” Hailey said while rubbing her tummy with her other hand. Jessica chuckled, “Arasso, mummy is feeling some seafood today.”

“Nado.” Hailey replied.

“You want everything. As long as it is edible.” Jessica daughter.

 

Tiffany and Jessica ended up ordering a bunch of food, turns out the pregnant woman was also craving for something meaty. Tiffany watched as her friend munched on her seafood risotto and black angus steak. “You’re really hungry ? Or you’re craving for these food?”

“I’m not craving or anything. I just want to eat.” Jessica mumbled while helping her daughter with her serving of food. Tiffany glanced at her niece who was eating with the same gusto as her mother , she shook her head while attempting to make her daughter fall asleep. Poor little Rosie was fussy after the jabs, Tiffany felt her forehead and it was cool. Jessica saw how helpless Tiffany was and shot her arms out. “Give her to me. I’m done here.”

Jessica carried the fussy Rosie and attempted to cheer her up , but it made her more irritated. “Wae…. You don’t want emmo?” Jessica sniffed her niece’s sweet scent and kissed her cheeks. “You had a bad day huh… it hurts right.” Jessica stood up with Rosie and held the girl close to her while swaying her slowly. She hummed a tune trying to appease the little girl but it was not working. Rosie cried out loudly. “You eat your food. I’ll bring her out for a walk.” Tiffany stood up and carried her daughter out not wanting to disturb others who were eating. She walked around with her daughter , showing and saying things to her trying to distract her. It seems to be working a little until she starts fussing again , Tiffany went into the grocery store and bought some apple puree for her daughter, and that seems to do the trick. Something sweet. Tiffany sat on the bench and called her wife.

“Hey…”

“Hey , you look so tired. What’s wrong?” Tiffany shifted the camera to her daughter who was enjoying her apple puree.

“The doctor said she can move on to solids now. But she’s fussy after the shots.”

“Eun Seon-ah…” Taeyeon cooed to her daughter , upon hearing her umma’s voice for the first time today , the little girl looked for the source of voice. Tiffany put the phone in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter