Reminiscence

That Girl, That Boy

After passing through security, you made your way towards the bathroom to check yourself over. 

I gotta make sure I look decent. I need to make a good first impression. 

As always, you remembered your manners and despite talking to Mr Park on numerous occasions, you couldn't help but feel wary about meeting him in person. You smiled as you took out your green Acne jumper which Maddie and Ah Ri had given you as a leaving present. You had slaved away for months wanting it and they saved up to buy it for you as a final token of their friendship. They had also pieced together your outfit as you had been worrying about it for so long. Since the incident, you had been living with them as your teachers thought you might have been suicidal. 

You sat down in the first class area of the plane and whipped out your iPod and chose a song and thats when you began to remember everything. How your popularity at school made you the envy of your year and how the younger students all looked up to you. How you didn't need to smoke or drink like your friends did and you still were in the 'popular group'. How you were able to pass every test with A*'s despite not revising and how every teacher wanted you to take their subject further to University. However you became distracted as problems at home began to arise. Your parents were always at work and all your siblings attended boarding schools. You would have probably lost your mind a long time ago had it not been for the support of Maddie and Ah Ri. You began to cry.

Oh . Not this again. 

You hastily brushed aside the tears forgetting about your eye makeup. 

'' 

I've got all this black mascara on my jumper now, oh jeez. 

You took out a tissue and now the memories were coming back as vivid as ever. You remembered feeling blessed at how lucky you were to have such a perfect school life but it wasn't to last and after the accident, the teachers at school all thought you had cracked and to be honest, you had. You had begun hallucinating and trying to self harm but everytime, Maddie or Ah Ri would catch you and take you to the counsellor. After the ordeal was over, it was revealed that you were to leave for Korea and that was that. The past month had been a whirlwind. 

You had come home on that fateful day, slowly succumbed to the immense anxiety you were suffering and now you were running away from your troubles to Seoul where it would be a fresh start to this mishmash life you were living. You could only hope that on the other end 5519 miles away, someone would be there to greet you and welcome you to your new life.

 

 

 

 


 

I hope I'm building up some interest into what actually happened to Haneul and why she has to go to Seoul. I'm sorry I haven't even begun to mention EXO but they'll start being introduced in the next chapter ^^ please comment and tell me what you think so far! I haven't set out in stone what the incident was so if you want, tell me your suggestions! :)