Pieces (and A HUGE A/N at the end)

That Girl, That Boy

*a day earlier* 

 

After Minwoo realised that Jenny hadn't been told about D.O, he began to piece things together. He knew that Jun Sook hated EXO and that Shinyeong did aswell because of that. He had always found it strange that she turned her attention to D.O especially when he recalled her calling him an 'unwanted orphan' in a discussion with Jun Sook. As someone who liked Shinyeong from a very long time, he knew everything about her. He knew when she really liked a guy and when she was playing them along and he knew that whenever she hid something from her best friends, it was trouble. With Jenny demanding an explanation at the revelation that her best friend hadn't told her about her boyfriend, Minwoo stayed the night at Jenny's house explaining everything he knew and everything he had pieced together to try and get a clearer picture. 

'So you're saying... She's taking him for a ride? Just for jokes?'

Minwoo nodded.

'Jesus Christ. Why is she like this? Why do you like her so much, Minwoo!?'

Jenny couldn't bear the fact that the guy she liked was in love with a monster. She couldn't bear the fact that the monster was supposed to be her best friend too. Minwoo shrugged and sighed. 

'She's only been like this since Jun Sook arrived'

'And when did he arrive?'

'A few months ago according to Daehyun. I thought he arrived a couple of weeks ago but apparently he's been here in Seoul for a while'

Jenny got up from her bed and put on the nearest hoodie. Minwoo smiled, seeing that it was his. 

'I see you're wearing my hoodie'

Jenny grinned. 

'It's warm. I like it'

'It's my lucky hoodie you know, so take care of it'

'I will... It hasn't been that lucky for me... Kai's been staring at it every time I see it'

'Kai? Why would he be so interested in my hoodie?...'

'I have no idea... Perhaps we should ask him?'

'Really? Ask Kai?...'

'Yeah sure, why not? Come on, Minwoo-ah! You're a guy! Grow some balls and take it like a man!'

'B-But it's Kai...'

Jenny threw a pillow and it hit Minwoo straight in the face. 

'Kai won't eat you, you idiot! So just ask!'

 

*back in the present day* 

 

It was break time, the same break that you were sitting outside on the bench during and Shinyeong had almost caused a colossal head injury to you. Minwoo warily made his way up to Kai. Baekhyun had gone to the bathroom so Minwoo seized his chance to ask him whilst he wasn't there. 

'K-Kai-ssi? Can I talk to you?'

Kai looked up from his desk sleepily. He hadn't been getting much sleep and Minwoo noticed the dark bags forming under his eyes. His glowing tanned skin looked eerily pale. 

'Kai-ssi? Are you okay? You look... Well, you look kinda awful...'

Minwoo could have kicked himself for saying that so it was a mental relief when Kai smiled. 

'I'm fine. Just been thinking a lot of things over, that's all...'

'I'm sorry if this is a bother-'

'Not at all. What is it?' said Kai. I have to keep up the image of a good Head of School Council. Here to help everyone whenever they need it. 

'Well... I noticed that you're interested in my hoodie?'

Kai blinked. His hoodie?... The lightbulb ignited. Oh! Jenny's hoodie?

'The hoodie that Jenny-ssi has been wearing? Oh, I didn't know it was yours Minwoo-ssi'

Minwoo nodded. 

'Yeah it's mine. I was just wondering why you were so interested in it... If you like it, I'll show you where you can buy it'

Kai smiled. I like Minwoo, he's a nice person- just mixing with the bad people. 

'No, it's fine. I was actually interested in the hoodie for another reason'

'May I ask what reason that is?'

Kai hesistated. Should I...?

'The person who broke into our dorm and trashed it was wearing it. I apologise to Jenny-ssi for assuming it was her'

Minwoo gasped. 

'Oh god! Kai-ssi, I hope you don't think it's me! I'd never do that to you! Or Haneul! Or any of you living in your dorm. Never! I promise hand on heart pinky swear'

What followed was a series of incoherent and frantic mumbles from the hyperventilating Minwoo. Kai led him out of the room, giving him a paper bag to use for breathing to steady himself again. It was seeing Minwoo's reaction that made Kai certain it couldn't have been him. It was someone else. 

'Minwoo-ssi, please calm down! I don't think it was you but I do think you may have something to do with it. Whether or not it was at your will, I need your help'

Minwoo nodded. He looked up to Kai a lot despite being older than him and he remembered all the times Sehun and Tao had helped him to carry things around the school. He admired the EXO boys for they were quiet and reserved and to themselves but at the same time, helpful and friendly to anyone they met. 

 

 

 


*sobs in a very ugly manner*

wow, I can't believe I got featured... This is... Like a dream? I can't believe that this fic that I originally started to practice my writing for my English exam is now being featured on the AFF homepage. I woke up this morning and getting in the car, casually checked my phone to see if I had any comments to read and BAM, 90 comments! At first I was like 'woah... spam much?' and then they were all saying 'Congrats!' and all these lovely lovely messages and I wanted to break down and cry! My first fic getting featured? I feel so honoured. All the fics that are featured are so wonderful and just, huu I can't even explain this immense feeling of love towards every single one of my subscribers- new and old. Thank you so much to everyone who's been supporting me throughout the story, you know who you are! I know who you are too! I recognise your username every time you comment and it makes me really happy! Thank you to everyone who has said they like my writing style. As an author, I think that this is the best compliment you can ever recieve and wow, I just... wow. Speechless. I know I said I'd probably only be able to update on Sunday BUT as a reward and treat for getting featured: I have a chapter on Saturday and there will be more tomorrow! yayayayay! wow, this is immense... Totally absolutely crazy. Never in my life did I think I'd be featured for my writing... I mean, my writing? I used to get prizes for creative stories in primary school but in high school, everyone in my class is just so so much better than me. It just seems so surreal. I'm making new friends everyday. Everyone here is so nice and lovely and it's so nice to take a break from real life and live in the virtual world for a few hours a day. 

 

I actually started writing this as a way of trying to 'escape the real world' as stupid as that sounds. Confession time: Back in March when I started this, I was at a point where I hated school, hated life and wanted an escape route. Would you guys judge me if I told you I had minor depression and was suicidal? Reading other fics somehow made me feel better and I ended up deciding to write my own. I think it was the fact that in a fic, I wasn't the depressed and failing girl but a pretty, sassy and confident one instead. If you look at the foreword, I originally planned to have Haneul's 'number of events that lead to her downturn' as ones based on how I was feeling but as soon as I began writing, I was whisked off to a different world where I didn't feel mentally unstable or uneasy. I was stressed out from recieving poor grades at school (which is the root of all this commotion and illness) so I decided that by writing a story and getting feeback, I'd hopefully get better marks. And do you know what? The more I wrote, the better I became (both in academics and health). I feel like aside from recieving proper proffesional help from counsellors etc, writing this story has helped my mental stability in a way nothing else could and it's all your love and support that made me feel worthy of living again. All your comments and subscribes and wall posts and messages and just everything is valued so highly in my mind. You really mean the world to me. I will never ever forget the support and love you have all given me. You gave me back my goals and made me see the value in living another day and for that, I owe you all my life <3 SARANGHAEYO FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER.