Chatting with Shinyeong

That Girl, That Boy

'Wow! I'm stuffed!'

You had just finished eating at a local ramen restaurant with Shinyeong. She had bags of shopping with her whilst you had one. It was from a stationry store and you had bought a few pens and a new bottle of ink to replace the broken one for Kai. You felt bad that all his supplies had been ruined so you decided you'd cheer him up with a present. You'd also picked up a couple other pens to give to Sehun to repay him for his presents. The pink flower bracelet sparkled on your wrist. 

'So Haneul... Do you like any of the guys at school?'

Yes. I like 12 of them. 

'How'd you mean? Like or like like?'

'Like like'

'Oh... I don't really know any so no, I don't like anybody. Do you?'

'I have my eye on a few'

Shinyeong giggled and you couldn't help but giggle too. It was nice to have a girly conversation with someone again. Her personality was so similar to Maddie's- boy obsessed.

'Well there are some gorgeous guys in our school, I'm sure you've seen them around but they don't date anybody except one of them. They're just so mysterious! And they're all so good looking. It's like they're part of a cult or something'

That's exactly what I thought when I met them- that it was a cult of gorgeous boys

'Oh... What's their names? Which ones do you like?'

'See! You're interested now, aren't ya?... Well I've already gone out on a date with one of them but he's gone out with pretty much everyone so yeah...'

I bet it's Chen

'His name was Chen...'

Bingo

'Most amazing facial structure, like a model I tell you! Dark black hair, looks kinda Chinese actually... I'll show you him the next time I see him, okay?'

You nodded. You wanted to hear what else she'd say.

'Oh but there's another one I like... Lay? Or Zhang Yi Xing, that's his real name. I think I'm into Chinese guys, they're just so hot oh my god'

You laughed along with her.

'But Lay... He's got a sense of mystery about him. Jenny told me he was a 'child prodigy' back in China but I wonder why he moved here'

'O-Oh... He's from China?' you said, playing it dumb

'Yeah! I think he moved over here a few years ago and got accepted into the cult' she winked

'Ahh, I see... So you're interested in this Lay guy?'

'Well... Let's just say, if any of them asked me out, I'd say yes immediately and I know it's shallow but they don't open up like normal people so it's not really our problem if people just judge them based on looks and not personality'

She's got a point there.

'But... you know Minwoo?'

'Yeah?'

'I think he fancies me. He's always got his arm around me and all that'

'Do you like him back?'

'Not really. I mean he's good looking and all but I've known him for so long I've kinda just friend-zoned him...'

'Ah, good old friend-zone'

Shinyeong blushed.

'I just hope he doesn't confess to me. I think Jenny likes him so that'll make things awkward with us'

'Yeah... I guess...'

'Oh look at me, babbling on away about me. Come on, tell me about you!'

'Errr... There's not much to say, you know'

Please don't ask me about my past

'So tell me about your past!'

Spoke too damn soon

'How many guys have you dated?'

Oh yeah, she's boy-obsessed. I forgot.

'Erm, 2?'

'2?! Woah, what were they like?'

'One was English, one was Korean like me'

'An English guy?! Was he hot?'

'Yeah... Pretty hot'

'But it ended?'

'Yeah, it's over between us'

 

Flashback

'I erm, I heard what happened with your family Hana'

'Oh right... Yeah...'

'Is that why you're ignoring my calls?'

'A-Aaron... I don't really want to talk right now... Can you give me a week to just calm my thoughts?'

'Of course! Anything for you, Hana. You know I love you. Call me when you're ready'

'I will... I love you too'

Maddie pulled you away from Aaron and sat you in the car where your social worker was sitting.

'Ready to go to the airport?'

'Y-Yeah'

'Did you say goodbye to everyone you needed to? You won't be seeing them ever again'

'I know... And yeah, I said goodbye to everyone'

Ah Ri squeezed your hand. 

End of Flashback.

 

'Walking away from him was the hardest thing ever'

'You sound like you still like him'

'I do... But it's okay. We're over now'

He didn't even know my real name

'So you don't have a boyfriend at the moment?'

'Nope, I'm a single pringle'

'That's great!'

Daehyun will be pleased.

'Huh? Wae?'

'Oh.. No reason, it just means you can go out freely without having a boyfriend to worry about, right?'

'Yeah, I guess you're right'

 

***

 

When you returned to the dorm, you found Luhan awake sitting on the sofa bed. The lights were all off apart from the lamp beside him. His hair was damp  and he had a towel slung over his shoulders.

'Oh Luhan, you didn't have to take the bed out for me. I could have done it myself... By the way, where is everyone?'

'They fell asleep a while ago'

'Really? Why didn't you go to sleep aswell? It's late'

Luhan exhaled deeply. 

Why can't she see the reason I stayed up was because it's late? I wanted to make sure she came back alright and in one piece. 

'What did you buy with your friend?'

'Shinyeong, Kim Shinyeong. I just bought some pens and things for Kai and Sehun. I felt a bit bad that Kai's things got ruined and this is just a little present to give to Sehun for buying me all this stuff in Japan'

You pointed to your bracelet and it gleamed in the light. Luhan looked away sadly but you mistook it as tiredness.

'Hey Luhan, you should sleep. You must be tired... I'm gonna go brush my teeth now but yeah, go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning'

After you came back from washing your face and brushing your teeth, you gasped. Luhan was curled up in a fetal shape on the left side of the sofa bed. You crept over to the bed, unsure of what to do. 

'Erm... Luhan? What are you doing?'

'Shhhh' he mumbled, too tired to talk properly

'B-but... This is my bed! You can't stay here!'

Luhan opened one eye sleepily and put his finger to his lips, telling you to be quiet. He grabbed your arm and pulled you onto the sofa bed and wrapped the blanket around you. You noticed that he had his own one for himself.

Was he planning this all along?

You decided to leave it, too exhausted from shopping to try and leave the awkward situation Luhan was putting you under. You closed your eyes and Luhan reached over and turned off the lamp. The last thing you heard was his soft voice, singing the same lullaby he had done in the hospital.

 

宝贝,宝贝, 爱你一辈
不仅你要什么都为
(Baby, Baby, I'll love you eternally.
No matter what you want, I'll do/get)

 

 

 

 


I want to wreck you all so you can't choose who to ship teehee. I think I'm revealing a lot about the past in these chapters with Shinyeong and yes, that is the Jung Daehyun from B.A.P. I find him incredibly attractive so I've decided to slip him in as a character, hope ya don't mind. I leave Jenny and Minwoo to your own imaginations. Go wild! They can be anyone! 

comment comment comment! 

I've nearly reached 450 subscribers and omg, can I please just say a massive massive thank you to you all! I still can't quite believe I've got more than 100. Thank you so so so much <3