School Drabble 2

That Girl, That Boy

'How about we just stick this in here?... And then this one can go here... And erm... Aish, where should we put this one?'

You frowned, puzzling over your project and scratched your head in confusion.

'Daehyun! Help me here! I don't know where to stick this and I want it to be perfect! It's due in tomorrow!'

You weren't paying attention to what Daehyun was doing. He could have been writing a new paragraph, sorting out figures and tables or even smoking and you still wouldn't have realised. You couldn't see that he was occupied staring at you as you were too busy figuring out how to lay out this page. Daehyun smiled. God, she's cute.

'Yah, Jung Daehyun! Are you going to help me or not or do you want to die?! Are you even listening to me?! YAH!' you yelled, elbowing him angrily.

Kai looked up from his desk, startled and you quickly smiled and waved to him. 

'An-Aniya oppa, nothing's wrong over here! Sorry for yelling! Carry on with your work!'

Kai got back on with his project and you gave Daehyun a forceful shove and whack him on the head with your heavy folder. She's so close and at ease with Daehyun. Baekhyun was carefully cutting out a picture he had printed when he accidentally snipped off the arm. 

'Noooo! Oh god dammit!'

Kai chuckled. 

'Idiot'

 

***

 

'So you're coming to my party, right?'

'You've asked me this a bilion times already!'

'I know... I just wanted to make sure you don't change your mind'

'Why would I? I love parties!'

'Ah that's good'

'What are we going to do at your party?'

'Well I've invited practically the whole year-'

'The whole year?! Daehyun-ah, is that safe?'

'What do you mean?'

'Well parties where I come from that have more than 20 people invited usually means something will get broken. And there's more than 50 people in our year'

'It'll be fine. Everything in my house is insured anyway and it's not like we don't have enough space so it'll be cool'

'Are you sure?... I wouldn't want anything to be broken'

'Don't worry about it. It'll be a great night. I've got a karaoke machine and a never-ending supply of drinks on hand. Can you handle your drinks well, Haneul?'

Karaoke machine? That's so perfect for Luhan!

'Yeah, I'm pretty good. I like cocktails'

'Cocktails? Which ones? I'll make sure to get them for you'

'Jinja?!' Is Daehyun rich or something?... He's making it sound like he owns a bar.

Daehyun nodded.

'Oh... Well I like the one called Sewer Rat...'

Daehyun spluttered.

'Sewer Rat?! What on earth is that?!'

'It's Peach Schnapps, Kahlua, Vodka and Orange Juice'

'That sounds pretty good, you know'

'Oh it is. I pretty much like anything with Peach Schnapps in it. I like fruity stuff'

'I'll keep that in mind. Anything else you like?'

'Well there's one other I really like... But erm, it's got a weird name' to say the least.

'It can't be weirder than Sewer Rat, come on'

'Oh no, trust me. It's really... ahem, erted.'

You cringed inwardly seeing that Daehyun still wanted to know the name of the drink.

'Okay I'll tell you what's in it and you can go find out for yourself what it's called'

'Fine. Deal. What's in it?'

'Amaretto Disaronno, Chambourd Raspberry Liqueur and Pineapple juice' 

'That sounds interesting. I'll make sure to get it for you'

'Oh no, you don't have to!'

'No, I insist! If you like it, I'll make sure you have it'

 

***

 

'It's the party tomorrow! Excited?!'

'Yeah, I guess' Okay, that's a lie. I'm super excited. Daehyun's promised me my favorite drinks and I haven't had it in god knows how long.

'What are you wearing?'

'Wearing? Erm... Jeans and a hoodie?'

Shinyeong rolled her eyes. 

'Really? Jeans? Nothing a bit more... party?'

'What kind of party is this?'

'Daehyun's parties are always the kind you dress up for'

'Dress up for?'

'Yeah! I'm wearing heels and a dress'

You narrowed your eyes.

'What kind of dress?'

'A nice dress. An evening slash party dress... You never know who'll come to Daehyun's party, he's really popular out of school too because he goes to all these extra clubs and things'

'I thought you wanted to get together with D.O-ssi or Minwoo?'

'Well D.O hasn't made any advances. Maybe I'll use tomorrow as a way to show him what he's missing' 

Shinyeong winked at you and pulled out her phone.

'See, these photos are from last year and this year's birthday party'

Click

'Wow unnie! You look hot! You look so gorgeous!'

Shinyeong laughed, happy with your compliment. 

'And his house looks pretty impressive too'

'Just wait till you actually see it. It's so beautiful. I remember I used to get lost whenever I went round to his house because it was so big but then again, we're childhood friends so I've been going to his house since I was like... 5?'

'It's nice having childhood friends you keep in contact with'

'Don't you?'

'I have Mariko and Ah Ri I suppose but they don't live here' and I have Hyun Ki, my cousin... I haven't seen Hyun Ki in a while and I do feel a bit bad about yelling at him so much... I was just so surprised to see him, that's all. Hopefully he'll forgive me... We used to be so close when we lived in Hong Kong. 

Shinyeong patted your shoulder. 

'Gwenchana, you have me now to be your friend'

 

 

 


I'M BACK WITH A BANG BABY AND YES, I FEEL GOOD. Death week is now over and I have... 5 more exams left OTL 24 exams in total spread over a period of 6 weeks. At least my summer will now be so so good gah I can't wait! 

I'm trying to do a double/ maybe triple update today to make up for not updating in a while ^^ WHO'S EXCITED TO GO TO THE PARTAY?! Cause I know I am! I'll post the next chapter in a few hours hopefully ^^ Sorry for the lack of EXO in this chapter... EXO galore in the next one, okay? ;) 

p.s I'll be using the 2nd method of 'thoughts' just cause I looked over the colorful one and even I got confused... OTL