Talking with Xiu Min

That Girl, That Boy

Warning: lots of talking in this chapter! Hope ya'll don't mind! THIS IS ALSO SUUUUPER LONG teehee

Because it's got so much talking, the layout of the chapter has changed (I haven't bothered with paragraphs) so sorry if that bothers you ^^


 

'So tell me about London!'

'Erm... There's not much to say'

'Is it nice there?'

'Yeah, you could say so'

'Do they have good food?'

'Not as nice as this food'

Xiu Min looked up and grinned. You were beginning to realise he was just a naturally cheerful person and you got on well with him. 

I wish he didn't work so much

'Xiu Min... Why do you and Chanyeol work?'

'It's a long story'

'Oh please! We've got time!'

'Hmm... maybe. How about we play a game?'

'Spin the chopstick?'

Oh God

'And what's the forfeit?'

'You answer a truth. So you can ask me why I work if the chopstick lands on me'

'Seems like a nice game'

'I'll spin!'

He grabbed his chopstick and placed it in the middle of the table and spun it. It landed on you

Just my luck

'Haneul, it's you!'

'Eurgh'

'Okay well I get to ask you a question... What do you think of...me?'

'Well you're a friendly oppa and you're funny and you make me laugh'

'Is that all?'

'You've got a good taste in food too?'

'Fine, I'm happy with that'

'What about me? How do you find me?'

'Nuh-uh, wait your turn missy!'

You groaned as Xiu Min laughed, spinning the chopstick. It landed on you again. 

'Oh come on!'

'Nope, game rules!'

'You're cheating!'

'I'm leaving it to fate! How could I be cheating?!'

'Liar!'

'You still need to answer question... What do you think about Kai and Su Ho?'

'Only one person!'

'Nope, my question so I can choose. Be happy I didn't say what do you think about all 12 of us'

'Oppa, I take back what I said! You're annoying'

'Come on, play along with the game!'

'Fine... Kai-oppa is sweet. I can see why he's the school's top boy and all the teachers like him but I think he sometimes needs to think about himself instead of others all the time. Sometimes he looks really tired or ill because he's been up early sorting things out for the other students'

'That's true, when I come home late from work he's always working in the living room on some new plan to make our school better'

'I guess he's really the best Head of School Council we could ask for'

'That's Jongin for you... What about Su Ho?'

'Hmmm, Su Ho seems very popular with all the girls'

'You jealous?'

'No!'

'Alright, alright. Just checking'

Xiu Min winked at you and you groaned.

'Can we stop this now?'

'Don't you want to find out why Chanyeol and I work?'

'Yeah but you keep cheating. Let me spin, please please please'

'No'

'Oh please! With a cherry on the top?'

'Do aegyo and then I'll let you'

Are you serious?

'I'm awful! But fine... buing buing oppa!'

Xiu Min burst into fits of laughter

'Okay never do that again, Haneul! Here, you can spin'

You pouted angrily and spun the chopstick round. It landed directly on Xiu Min.

'Wahey! Okay, why do you and Chanyeol work?... oh no wait, there's more I want to know'

'Nope, you've asked your question now'

'Fine, I'll ask you on the next round'

'I work because I'm one of the oldest out of us and we all have responsibilites. I help bring in some money, Su Ho does all the grocery shopping, D.O does cooking and occasionally Kris will too. He'll also clean things a lot but I try to help. Chanyeol brings in the most money by far as his noona...you know Jiyoung-noona?'

'Oh yes, I spoke to her earlier today. She's beautiful'

'Yeah she is. Well, she always gives us some money every month to help feed all of us'

'That's so kind of her!'

'Yep. The maknaes Sehun and Tao generally help out around the dorm. They don't have specific tasks so we'll just make them do maknae things'

'Like opening the door or accompanying Su Ho to the supermarket?' 

You had remembered the day you met Sehun, he had been dragged out in the morning by Su Ho and Tao was made to open all the doors whenever they had visitors. 

'Exactly. We have a laundry rota but Baekhyun seems to enjoy loading the washing machine so it's kind of his unoffical job'

'What's his official one then?'

'Well as weird as it sounds, it's to keep an eye on our year. We like to be in the know about everything that goes on. We knew about Eun Mi and the other two fighting with you way before you moved in with us... and it didn't come from Kris. Baekhyun is socialable for a reason'

'Ah, I see. How about Luhan and Lay?'

'Luhan is generally the nice guy. He helps out everyone with everything but if I remember correctly, he's in charge of taking out the trash every other night and  figuring out what things Su Ho needs to buy when he goes to the supermarket. Usually it's just things like getting more soap or paper towels because D.O likes to keep track on the fridge. Lay... I'm not even sure what he does to be honest. He's always disappearing off and we can never find him but he'll come back eventually. It's just something we've grown to accept'

'And Kai and Chanyeol?'

'We all refused to give Kai a job to do. He's already got so much on his hands so we all decided it was wrong for him to take on a chore'

'You're so lovely to him!'

'He's quite young too anyway. We don't want him to go mad again'

'Again?'

'Did I say again? Ignore that, I didn't mean it'

'Oh okay...'

'Chanyeol is lazy. He's always been lazy apart from when it matters. He can be a sloth at times but when you need him, he'll be the fastest one there. He's also very clever but it probably doesn't seem like it. The reason why he got a job was partly because he wanted to help his noona pay for our bills and also because he's just so lazy that if we gave him a chore for the dorm, it'd never get done. Su Ho said that it's part of growing up to learn to do work so Chanyeol decided to help me out at the restaurant. He likes it anyway, lots of girls give him attention because he's so tall and handsome and he gets fed too'

'Sounds good'

'Yeah, our boss is nice too and so are the colleagues'

'So what's my job?'

'Your job?'

'Shouldn't I contribute to the dorm too?'

'What would you do though?'

'Could I clean the dorm instead of you?'

'Are you sure you'd want to do that? Our dorm is bigger than most because theres so many of us'

'I'll be fine. I'll feel bad if I don't do anything after all you guys have done for me'

'Well if you want to, I guess I can't stop you... But if you don't like it, then you can get someone else to do it'

'No no no, you all treat me well enough already. Besides, it's good to do chores whilst growing up- didn't Su Ho say that?'

'Yeah... Alright, how about we each get to ask each other another question?'

'Sounds good. Erm, you can go first'

'Okay... let me think of a really good one'

'Can I be greedy and ask 2 questions? Cause you've already asked me 2 and I've only asked 1 so it'll be equal?'

'Greedy Haneul! But yeah, you can ask 2... Except they've got to be good ones!'

'They are good, I promise!'

'Well I'll go first then you can fire away... Are you ready? This should be a hard one'

'Ready as ever!'

'Okay... Who out of all of us would you date?'

'What?!'

'Come on, I'm curious! You can't say me even I know you obviously want to'

'Oh haha, very funny'

'Well? Out of the other 11 of them, who would it be?'

'Erm... well, I haven't given it that much thought...'

Lies Haneul, you're telling big fat lies. You were thinking about it in the bath just 3 hours ago

'I'm not sure. You're all as good as each other'

'Haneul, that's a crap answer... Come on, just give me a name'

'I can't! I really don't know'

'Okay fine. Sehun or Luhan?'

'What?' 

'Answer it! Sehun or Luhan?'

'Eurgh... Luhan'

'Okay, Luhan or Su Ho?'

'Luhan'

'Luhan or... Kai?'

'Kai-oppa'

'Kai or Tao?'

'Kai'

'Kai or Lay?'

'Kai'

'You like Kai!'

'No I don't!'

'Kai or Kris?'

'Kris'

'Kris or Chen?'

'Kris'

'Kris or D.O?'

Oh . Do I hide it?

'Kris'

'But D.O gave you his clothes'

'What are you trying to say?'

'Oh no, nothing. Kris or Chanyeol?'

Oh what the heck. I'm just gonna give wild answers now

'Chanyeol'

'Chanyeol or Baekhyun?'

'Baekhyun'

'Baekhyun eh?'

'What about him?'

'So it's Baekhyun you like?'

'I told you, I like you all equally!'

'You're not going to answer properly are you?'

'Nope'

'Spoilsport'

You poked your tongue out at him. Xiu Min sighed. 

'Fine, shoot me your questions'

'Okay, what do you all think of me?'

'Haneul... Pretty and... emotionless'

'Emotionless?'

'You only smile when you talk to us. If you're not doing anything then you won't smile'

'Is that a bad thing?'

'Not really. It means that we know that you enjoy talking to us because you smile and laugh so thats a plus'

'Fair enough. Okay last question... I've heard a lot about it and I tried asking about it before but I never got an answer'

'Sounds interesting. What is it?'

'Well I've heard a lot about EXO and people have been bullying me about it and I just wondered what it was? Is it like, slang or something?'

I had a feeling she'd ask about this

'Who did you ask before?'

'Erm... Chen. It was the night we came to see you and Chanyeol at work'

'Ahhh'

'Are you gonna tell me what it means?'

'How much have you heard? What have people said?'

'That I'm affiliated with EXO and that there's an EXO floor?'

Xiu Min looked off into the distance.

'So Baekhyun was telling the truth. They still all call us that'

'Wait... You? You guys are the EXO that everyone's been torturing me about?'

'Yeah'

'Why have you got some weird band name?'

'You may have noticed that we're all distant from the other students. We live on a different floor in the dorm and the only reason why we have those 3 girls on our floor is because they were special entrances, like you'

'What does that have to do with the name EXO?'

'EXO is a nickname the students have given us. They say it's like we're on another planet, entirely in our own world- a planet called EXO PLANET. It sounds stupid I guess but thats what they used to say. Now I suppose it's been shortened to EXO'

'Why are you guys so distant from them though? You must have given them a reason to call you all that'

'I guess it's our own fault too. We're all special entrance students too, everyone has their own circumstances. I won't tell you about the others but I can tell you mine, if you want to hear it'

'I want to...'

'Well, it was around 4 years ago when I met the others. It wasn't the 12 of us back then though. We all trust each other with our lives but some of us have known each other for longer than others. I didn't know anyone when I came here but I remember they were so friendly to me when I was put in their dorm. It was the same dorm that we have now, only emptier of course. We used to have our own rooms until we ended up sharing two to a room'

'So why did you get a special entrance?'

'I met Park sunsengnim on the street. I was drunk and fainted and he happened to be walking past. He brought me back to his house and offered me a place at the school'

'Were you not at a school before?'

'I pulled out. I got in with a bad crowd there and after that, drinking became a problem and eventually my parents didn't want anything to do with me because I was a disgrace to the family. I left my home and lived on the rough for a few days before I was found and brought here'

Woah, I guess Im not the only one with a problem

'I guess when I came here, I hated everything in my life. I really did. My so-called friends stopped hanging out with me when I left school but I met the guys and I guess everything changed. They helped me through it all because they knew what it was like'

'Has everyone else had a problem?'

'Not everyone but nearly all of us. I think thats why we trust each other so much... Am I boring you Haneul?'

'No no, not at all. I'm glad you told me all this tonight'

Shouts arose from the people at the table next to you. They were looking up at the sky and pointing. You both turned your heads to see 2 shooting stars quickly pass by. If you had blinked at that moment, you would have missed it but you were so happy you hadn't. The cool breeze whipped your face as you snuggled deeper into your hoodie and your hands in your trouser pockets. Xiu Min pulled on his hat and gloves whilst still looking up. For a minute, you were silent. It wasn't awkward, you were past that stage. It was just... nice. Then the silence broke and Xiu Min spoke.

'You know, I'm glad I told you everything too'

 

 

 

 

 


Lots and lots of speaking in this... Hope you all didn't mind. Hearing your reactions to her 'confession' about D.O makes me a happy author. Wanna know why? Everything is going according to my plan teehee. Oh I can't wait. Really really can't wait. My plan is ingenious, I bet no one can guess it. And if you do... I'll change it to something equally ingenious! bwahahaha ;D 

So this has been a long chappie but I guess now you know a lot about EXO and it's like a buffer chapter for what I've got planned next :D JAPAN! Yay! 

look at this cutie!

image

and we can't forget this cutie!

tumblr_m33v9xsXn31ruq53fo1_500.png

oh and finally

a little bit lot of y added

tumblr_m2jis10zJI1r8eh4do1_500.gif

TAKE ME NOW BAEKHYUN, I love you OTL

 

Comment and subscribe! Don't be shy to ask me questions too if theres anything you don't understand <3 I don't bite! ;)