At the Hospital

That Girl, That Boy

'I guess we should get Chanyeollie to the hospital too after a certain somebody decided to throw his phone at him' 

You threw a glare at Luhan who quickly looked away.

'Yes, Luhan. I'm talking about you here'

Luhan got up and hugged Chanyeol. 

'Sorry buddy, it won't happen again'

'Too late. My head hurts!'

Chanyeol pouted and Luhan pinched his cheeks, mocking him.

'Awww, should I kiss it better? Coochie coochie gooo, little baby Channie with the voice of a man and the personality of a child'

Yep, definitely has a 4-D personality this one.

'Luhan!' Su Ho said, sternly 'Come on, lets all go and get Lay's neck sorted out and then we can go shopping'

You felt bad for Su Ho and Kris. They were always the ones to keep everyone in check. It amazed you that they were so strong and weren't worn out from looking after 10 babbling but loveable idiots. Baekhyun came running in from the reception.

'Jeffery's here! Gaja!'

 

***

 

'They said they need to run some tests just to make sure they get the dosage right so it'll be another hour or so, Mr- I mean, Chanyeol'

Jeffery was acting as the translator for the 13 of you as none of you were really that fluent in Japanese. If you were in China or somewhere that used English as the main language, there wouldn't be a need for a translator. 

'Well...' Chen started but quickly shut up.

Su Ho bit his lip. Lay sat silently on the edge of the hospital bed. You felt the anxiousness in the atmosphere and you felt uncomfortable. You wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Kris squeezed Lay's shoulder reassuringly. 

'Don't worry, it'll be over really soon'

'Yep, we can all wait here until you're okay to leave' said Xiu Min

'Yeah and if it takes ages we can just go shopping tomorrow! So don't worry!' added Baekhyun with a smile

You couldn't help but feel that Lay was extremely afraid of the hospital but he didn't want to be a burden on the friends he treasured so much. You understood that feeling. It was like that time when the 12 of them made the public school announcement not to bully you anymore. It didn't help much seeing as Lay had gotten injured from an attack directed at you and you felt like if you weren't part of their dorm, they wouldn't have to risk hurting themselves for you. Kai got up to fetch some water and D.O followed him. Sehun and Tao sat on the sofa in the room behaving like good maknaes. 

They all obviously know coming to the hospital is a big deal for him... And they must all know why too...

Words replayed in your mind.

'Problem kids?'

'They all have a reason for being in that dorm'

'EXO... Everyone has their own circumstances...'

You shook your head trying to erase those thoughts. 

Forget it, Haneul. They'll open up when they're ready.

 

You looked to Xiu Min and Chanyeol- the two that had already confessed their secrets. You looked to Kai and Kris- the two as well as Chanyeol who knew your own dreaded history. Lay stood up and Su Ho rushed to his side.

'L-Lay?! Where are you going?'

You could hear the concern and fright in his voice. Lay chuckled.

'Don't worry hyung. I won't run off this time so you can sit down... I'm just going to use the bathroom'

This time, eh?

As he left, D.O's stomach let out a soft rumble. Chanyeol erupted into laughter before clutching his head wincing in pain. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took out a tablet from his back pocket. Kris's eyes widened.

'Yah! Baekhyun! What the hell is that?!'

Luhan even smirked. You stared at the pill curiously. Baekhyun looked innocent to you but then again, you'd only been staying with these guys for a couple of months. 

Although I'm on holiday with them already... I guess it's because I have no one else to be with.

'It's... just... paracetamol, Kris...'

Kris exhaled, relieved. Baekhyun grinned. 

'Did you think I had got my hands on some drugs or something?'

'Well you do talk to everyone in the year... Who knows what you get up to?'

He narrowed his eyes and Sehun and Tao did the same. Baekhyun cackled with laughter. 

'Oh come on! You know I wouldn't do that! Don't turn the maknaes against me, Kris!'

D.O's stomach rumbled again only this time, it was loud. Everyone collapsed in laughter. Even you found yourself laughing, something quite rare for you recently. You didn't mind smiling now and then but making you laugh took great skill. 

'Come on, lets go and get some food for you' said Su Ho, being the father figure as usual.

 

Lay came back from the bathroom. 

'You guys can all go. It's fine, just leave me here. I'm not hungry anyway'

Luhan was hesitant. 

'Lay... Are you sure you want to be here... alone?'

You saw him gulp. 

'Yeah... Don't worry about me. Like I said, I'll be fine! So go!'

He shooed everyone out of the room. As you were leaving you swore you heard him sigh behind the closed door. You decided you would stay behind just to keep an eye on him. You didn't feel like eating anything anyway and you were already quite tired from all the drama in the morning. You sat on the chair outside the room after telling Xiu Min you weren't going to be joining them. As they left down the hall, the nurse came by and knocked on Lay's door and went in. You stayed outside thinking, burying your face in your hands. 

It's been 2 months... I've seen that bastard Hyun Ki already and I'm missing Mads and Ah Ri like crazy... But I'm glad I'm here. I have 12 oppa's who take care of me, even if they are all a little bit on the off side... I feel like since being here Kai and I haven't spoken much. Kris is still looking out for me, as always. Su Ho always seems to be so calm and... I guess I kind of feel bad for him in a way, having to be the oldest and in charge even though Kris helps out from time to time... Tao and Sehun are cute... Man that sounds weird, they're both older than me but I guess they're just extremely sweet maknaes. Chen's super sweet too, he really knows how to treat girls. I think Baekhyun will always make me smile at the end of the day too and...

You sighed.

...Chanyeollie... I can't help but feel bad for him. Those guys are always telling me they'll be there for me but seeing Chanyeol like that the other day... It really broke my heart... And D.O-ssi... I feel like those feelings I felt were just a crush based on looks... It wasn't actually anything seeing as I barely knew him...Looking back now... It all seems kind of shallow but of course, I really like D.O-ssi... But perhaps he's more Umma material not Boyfriend material... Now I know them all slightly better, maybe everything will change... Maybe I'll start to like one of them for their personalities and not be so shallow... Haneul, you're turning into that Jessica... Aish, snap out of it. Jiyoung-unnie and Maddie should never have asked me if I liked any of them... Then I wouldn't have to be dealing with any of these weird feelings.

The door opened again and your train of thought was interrupted. The nurse left leaving a gap in the door and you peered in to see if Lay was alright after hearing a sniffle. 

 

Holy ing freak! 

 

Your arms fell limp to your side, lips trembling. You dropped your bag beside you and it landed with a thud. There was Lay, standing shirtless with his back facing you. You could see his defined back muscles and you would've started drooling right there and then but there was something else on his body that took over your mind. 

 

Are those... whip lash marks?

 

 

 

 


omo :o

I just want to say: a huge huge huge huge huuuuge thank you to everyone who's subscribed. I feel honoured that so many of you enjoy my first story ^^ I'm trying hard to make this my best story ever but I'm slightly wary... We're already on chapter 55... Am I dragging the plot out too long? Though then again my updates aren't really that long and I tend to do double or triple updates for a big bit of drama... 

Anyhow that's just my thanks. I thank everyone who's commented and left me lovely messages, it's a really nice thing to come back to when you're feeling a bit down or whatever. 

Please continue to love and support this fic (and EXO of course ^^) and please leave me comments of any crititisms you may have or of anything you want included in the plot ^^ 

tumblr_m4lpqojKUm1rwg4m0o1_250.gif

A KISS FOR MY SUBBIES! MWAH! 

[I promise more Kai and Kris coming up soon. I also promise more Maknae Duo and Chen too, I feel like I've been neglecting them :( mianhae]