The Sports Festival #3

That Girl, That Boy

You sat down next to Lay and passed him a bottle of water. A teacher came by to check he was alright to stay at the festival before starting the next race. 

'Are you alright?'

'Well I feel like a grandpa because I've got a back problem but really, I'm fine. Just a bit gutted I can't take part anymore'

'Tell you what. Tonight, we should either go out for dinner if you can or I'll make a cake so you feel better. Sound good? What kind of cake do you like?'

'Cake?... I like chocolate I guess. But are you sure you won't be too knackered to make a cake?'

'Nah! I like baking. I can't cook well but baking is my forté... So chocolate cake tonight it is!'

You carried on talking about plans for later, hoping to take Lay's mind off his injury but when the gun sounded off, you both put your full concentration on the race. Lay in particular watched closely. 

That Daehyun guy really is something. He's ahead of Luhan and Luhan is one of the best runners in our school.

You were in awe of Daehyun too. His new black captain armband suited him well. 

'Wow. Daehyun is really good at running, isn't he?'

'Seems like it. He's been amazing at everything today- he's won almost everything he was in. It's a good job I chose him to take over at team captain'

You watched as Luhan began to speed up as he turned the corner of the track. Lay narrowed his eyes, knowing exactly what Luhan was doing. It was at that moment that Luhan cut ahead of Daehyun and took the lead. 

'Woah! That was amazing! Did you see, Lay?! Luhan just overtook Daehyun! Did you see? Did you see?!'

 

You were reacting like a bunny rabbit on crack. Someone stood up in front of you and you could no longer see from where you were sitting next to Lay. You stood up to get a better view but still couldn't see. Standing on your tiptoes, you wobbled around trying to watch the race until someone picked you up and placed you on their shoulders. 

'Chanyeol!'

'You look like such a midget jumping around like that. Can you see better now?'

'Yeah I can... Thank you!'

You held onto Chanyeol's head as you watched the race unfolding before your eyes. In your excitement you occasionally pulled his hair. 

'Haneul, pull my hair one more time and I won't rescue you from Luhan tonight'

'Then Kai or Kris will rescue me' 

You stuck your tongue out at him and Chanyeol purposely began to jump around. You shrieked and held onto him even harder. 

'Chanyeollie! That's mean! Stop it!'

'Tell me who's winning'

'Mr Giant can't see?'

'Well I'm not allowed to jump incase princess here falls to her death so no, I can't see'

'Oh... Sorry'

You giggled.

'Luhan is still first!'

'We want Daehyun to be first though, he's on our team'

'I'll be happy whoever comes first. I just want to beat everyone in the swimming race'

'Why?'

'I want to prove to everyone they can't beat me down'

 

Chanyeol looked up at you as you were cheering loudly and screaming at the top of your lungs. You lunged forwards at one point and lost your balance, grabbing hold of Chanyeol as you fell down the back of him. You wrapped your legs around his torso and he automatically bent over so he was now giving you a piggy back. You gripped onto his neck like your life depended on it. 

'Wow, Haneul. You okay?'

'I'm fine. Sorry, I just slipped'

'Too eager to see the race, eh?'

'Yeah...'

'Come on, climb back up so you can see the end'

You quickly got back up on Chanyeol's shoulders and cheered with less force, never letting go of his head. Daehyun and Luhan were neck and neck as they approached the finish line. You could see Kai and Kris at the end waving to Luhan and encouraging him and you felt slightly bad for Daehyun as none of the team was there. 

He did call me his lucky charm too... Maybe I should cheer for him

'Mmm, Chanyeollie? Can we go and cheer Daehyun on? I feel bad that none of our team are at the finish line for him'

'Yeah sure, let's get there quickly though. Daehyun's a fast runner'

 

You took hold of Chanyeol's hand and raced your way through the sidelines arriving at the finish line next to Kris and Kai. You cheered with all your might for Daehyun who smiled when he saw you there at the end. Luhan saw you cheering for him and felt hate towards Daehyun as he began to speed up. 

Aish, why is Haneul cheering for that jerk and not me? 

You saw Luhan begin to lag behind.

'Yah! Luhan! Hurry up! You told me to cheer for you so here I am!'

He began to pick up his pace hearing you cheering for him. 

'Luhan! You better hurry up and beat the Black team or else!' yelled Kris

As they got closer and closer to the finish line, the gap between them got smaller and smaller. Luhan was definitely giving his all and Daehyun was showing no signs of giving up. 

'Come on Daehyun!' you and Chanyeol yelled

'Luhaaan! Luhan!' Kris and Kai yelled

They were within a metre of the finish line and Chanyeol guided you away from the end. 

'Come on, princess Haneul. We wouldn't want you to get run down by those two'

 

You nodded and craned your neck to see who won. The race was tight but the times flashed up. 

1- Jung Daehyun (BLACK TEAM): 2:02.56

2- Luhan (BLUE TEAM): 2:02.59

3- Jang Tae Hyuk (PINK TEAM): 2:04.78

4- Byun Baekhyun (GREEN TEAM): 2:05.21

5- Kim Joon-myun (Su Ho) (YELLOW TEAM): 2:05.34

6- Gong Jin Ho (Jino) (RED TEAM): 2:07.42

 

'Chanyeol! Look! Daehyun came first! I feel bad for the Red team guy. His team captain is gonna kill him but look! Daehyun came- mngffff' 

You were muffled as Daehyun ran and hugged you, lifting you off your feet and spinning you around.

'Haneul! See! I said I'd do well if you cheered for me! You're really my lucky charm!'

'Oh don't say that! You're amazing at running!'

Luhan watched on as Daehyun enveloped him in his arms. 

That er. Where's he putting his arms? He's only known her for a couple of weeks! I've seen her cry. I've seen her in hospital. I've slept in the same bed as her! Stupid blonde haired bastard. 

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Luhan watching and tried to struggle out of Daehyun's grip. 

'D-Daehyun? Can you let go for a sec?'

'Why? I like how we are now'

You felt his grip tighten slightly. 

Eurgh where's Chanyeol? Can't he come save me now?

'I want to go and congratulate Luhan on the race'

'Luhan? He's not on our team though'

'I know... But it was still an amazing race so let me go, yeah?'

 

Daehyun reluctantly let go and you flew over to Luhan, reaching up and ruffling his hair. 

'Aigoo, Mr Luhan did amazingly too!'

Luhan stared at you blankly. 

'What? What is it? Did I do something bad? Should I not have touched your hair? Come on, why are you so- woaaaah!'

Luhan grabbed you and pulled you towards him with more force than Daehyun had. You didn't know where to put your arms so Luhan brought them up to his waist. Kai and Kris stood at the side talking with Chanyeol, ignoring the hug. Daehyun returned to talk to Lay and resume his duty as the new team captain. Luhan sighed. 

'You know if you hadn't cheered for the other guy, I would have come first'

'What are you saying? Are you jealous or something?'

'Why do you sound slightly hopeful, Haneul?' 

'I bet you're smirking right now, aren't you?'

'You know me so well'

You pulled away from him in a moment of anger but he held on tight so you couldn't move. 

'Possesive, aren't you?'

'Mhmm. Sure am, Haneul. Get used to it'

He closed his eyes, savouring this moment and put his forehead to yours. 

You know Haneul, having you in my arms, hugging me like this- it feels so right. 

 

 

 


I present you part 2 of the festival. Please wait whilst I start writing part 3 OTL

This is for everyone shipping Haneul with Luhan. I hope I have killed you all ;)