Rifling through Kai's notes

That Girl, That Boy

'It's getting late. We should probably go back soon'

You didn't want to leave. The sky was beautiful, it was chilly but it was the kind of cold that gave you flushed pink cheeks, not frostbite and having Xiu Min for company was something you wanted to enjoy. 

'We can do this again some other time, right?'

'Huh? Do what?'

'Come and eat and talk'

'Of course. I loved your company tonight, Haneul!'

'Good, I enjoyed it too'

You quickly pushed some money towards the waiter telling him you'd pay half before Xiu Min realised. 

'You're sneaky, Haneul'

'I didn't want you to pay for it all'

'You're a nice girl'

'Why thank you'

 

When you both arrived back at the dorm, the ones who had gone out to get chicken still weren't back yet. Sehun had gone to sleep already and so had Tao. Kai was busy working in the corner of the room as Luhan and Chanyeol were sitting on the sofa, watching the news. You rushed over to Kai remembering what Xiu Min had told you earlier. You crouched down beside him. 

'Oppa, go to sleep'

'What? No no no, I have to get this done'

'No you don't. Shoo. Now'

'No Haneul, I really need this done'

'B-but, you look so tired and-'

'Leave him, he won't budge' Chanyeol yelled from the sofa, still not taking his eyes off the television for a second.

 

You sighed and went to change into your pajamas. You threw D.O's clothes into the washing basket which was already b full from everyone's prom outfits. 

Baekhyun's gonna have a tough job with all this

As luck would have it, Baekhyun waltzed through the door along with Su Ho, Tao, Kris, D.O, Lay and Chen. Chanyeol got up.

'Where did you lot go?! We waited for you to come back with dinner and then you never did!'

Kris was first to retaliate.

'Yeah well you all left Haneul behind without telling her where you were going!'

'What?! We did! We shouted to her that we were gonna leave!'

'Well that's not what Xiu Min said'

Everyone turned to look at you. You didn't recall them telling you but you didn't want a fight to escalate because of it. 

Perhaps I was too deep in thought to realise...

'Did they tell you they were leaving?'

'Well I didn't hear it-'

'See! She didn't know so-'

'Oh but it's fine. I got to spend time with Xiu Min-oppa and I had a fun time with him. Really!'

Xiu Min swiftly stepped in.

'Yeah, Haneul and I are good with each other now. It was nice to get to know her anyway'

Kris left in a huff. Tao followed him to his room but quickly came back out.

'He's pissed off to say the least. Well done, Chanyeol'

'Look, it's not our fault! If-'

'Please! Stop arguing! It's just a mistake, that's all it is. Lets forget about it and get along, okay?' you cried out.

 

Everyone dispersed into their respected rooms apart from Kai who went back to his desk in the corner. Su Ho came out after 5 minutes and yelled 'light's out!' and the dorm went dark. You were staying on the couch tonight after feeling bad about taking up Kris and Lay's room and you drifted to sleep only to be woken up a few hours later by a crash. Wildly scanning the room, you saw Kai bending over and picking up some books and papers. You walked over to him and was shocked when you saw his face. He looked gaunt, as if he hadn't eaten in days and his hair stood up at funny angles. It was obvious he had been running his hands through it all night. 

'Op-oppa? What are you doing still up?'

'Haneul-ah, I just needed to finish this... Did I wake you?'

'Oh no, you didn't wake me up at all'

'That's good. Sorry for being so loud'

'No no, its fine... What are you working on?'

'Oh, just some... erm, its...'

'Oppa, please get some rest. You've been up nearly every night'

'I can't. This is important'

'B-but it's not as important as your health... You look...ill'

'Nah, I'm fine'

'No you're not. Everyone's worried about you!'

'Haneul... Are you...Are you crying?'

You quickly wiped away the few tears that were leaking out.

'Ani, just... just get some rest. For me. For everyone'

'Are you really that worried?'

'Everyone is!'

'Okay... I'll sleep in a minute'

'No. Now. Go!'

'Wait a min-'

'No, Kai! Go!'

Calling him by his name startled him. It startled you too. You didn't know you could be so fierce with a guy, especiallly one older than you and one that you had met for less than a month. Kai got up and went into his room. You heard the lamp in his room click off and then the sounds of soft snoring. 

It sounds like he really needed a rest

You picked up the rest of the papers and began sorting them out neatly on the desk. You saw a checklist of things he was supposed to do. One of them was to design a poster for the upcoming sports tournament. Art was your forté. You were good at that kind of stuff so you sat down and got to work. After 15 minutes, you stood up and looked at the marvel in front of you. 

I hope Kai doesn't mind I did this for him

You carried on looking for things you could help him with and began flicking through the numerous post it notes. A lot of them were messages from the others:

Hyung, don't work too hard!- Sehun

Yah, get some rest Kim Jongin!- Su Ho

Find out about Shinyeong for me! I'll love you forever!- D.O

Someone knocked on the door for you this evening but you were at a meeting. She said she'll come back on Monday at 6pm- Chen

 

Shinyeong? That's... that's a girl's name. Don't tell me...

You threw the post it note from D.O down on the desk like it was scalding hot. You didn't care too much that he might be trying to persue this girl but a little part of you was slightly jealous. Shinyeong. The name plagued your head. 

I'll find out who this Shinyeong is and what she has to do with D.O-ssi... but do I really care? Is this just some silly infatuation I have with him because he's nice to me? I mean, he caught my eye first but that doesn't necessarily mean I actually like him, does it?... Aish, living with 12 hot guys is seriously messing with my head!

You groaned and went back to your makeshift bed for the night, curled up and fell asleep. 

 

 


Am I confusing you all? Tell me honestly cause I feel like I might be... Oh dear. 

Have you all read 'Absolute Chanyeol'? If you haven't, search for it on google and read it! I'm not one for boyxboy fanfics but this is good. Reaaaaally good. Tell me what you guys think about it. Also if you have any suggestions for EXO fics I can read, tell me! I love reading them but I've kinda run out of ones hahaha

Comment and subscribe (if you haven't already). Thanks for all the nice feedback! <3 (I like how you're all taking guesses. Let me just say, a few of you are spot on!)