Back to Normal

That Girl, That Boy

By noon, the entire dorm was clean. Okay by clean, the broken glass and porcelain had been picked up and the feathers had been hoovered up. There were still stained and shredded curtains and things but for the most part, it was tidy. The trash from the coat cupboard had been removed and Kai's papers and documents were no longer all over the place but stacked neatly on his desk. Everyone grabbed their bags from the spare room and hurled them into the dorm. No one dared sit down on the couch, even Chanyeol didn't want to. They were scared it could be y-trapped or something. Instead everyone stood around it awkwardly. 

'We have work tonight, don't we? Xiu Min?'

'Yeah Chanyeol, we do'

'We could bring back some food. We'll probably be living off takeaways until we buy some more cooking utensils for D.O'

'Ah yes, that's why I got Haneul to pick up some leaflets at the mart this morning' said Su Ho

Kai had gone out for a moment after recieving a text from the twins and returned holding a roll of material. Everyone stared at it, completely confused as to what it was.

'Aki said it's to replace the things that were ruined... But I don't understand how'

'Neither do I' said Kris

The 10 other boys nodded in agreement. You laughed and took the roll of material from him. 

'You idiots, it's to make curtains and pillows and just about everything else we need! It's perfect, we should thank the twins'

'B-But we don't know how to make curtains or pillows...' 

'Yes but you've got me. I know how to make them'

Everyone turned to look at you.

'You know how to use this stuff?'

'Of course! I'm a girl, I was trained in how to be a domestic goddess' 

You flicked your hair off your shoulders acting as if you were in a shampoo advert. The 12 guys still looked unsure. You huffed loudly. 

'Okay look. This is how it's going to work today. I'm in charge now, is that okay?'

Su Ho nodded.

'Of course it is, Haneul. We'll listen to you today'

'Good'

 

***

 

At about 5pm later that day, you were busy plumping up the pillows you had made. Lay was sitting beside you carefully cutting the material for the curtains. You had specifically chosen him to help you deal with replacing all the upholstery. 

For some reason, he just seems the type to be very careful and not mess up... And now I'm not awkward with him after the deal at the hospital

You quickly glanced over and noticed him eyeing up the fabric. His face was the epitome of concentration. He was chewing his lip and had one eye closed as he carefully snipped away at the fabric.

He just has the kind of husband aura to him... Did I just think that? Oh my God, Haneul. Korea is changing you. 

You finished with the pillow and began to sew up the next one. 

He learns fast too. I only taught him this morning how you do it but he's already nearly enough to replace all of them. I'll probably get him to finish these when he's done so I can make a start on replacing the covers of some of the duvets. Damn that's gonna take a while. 

 

After finishing your next one, you got up to go check on Kris and Kai. You had given them the mission of scrubbing off the markings on the fridge. They were astounded when you told them to use vinegar instead of a cleaner. You smiled as you saw that nearly all of the messages and scribbles on the fridge door had been taken off. No one else was in the dorm. Baekhyun had been sent to see if he could find out anything about the intruders into the dormitory whilst Chanyeol and Xiu Min were already at work after begging to be given a longer shift so they could earn more money. Their manager understood the situation and told them they could as it was the holidays and that meant the restaurant would be busy from earlier on in the day. Their manager had also told them that they were allowed to take home food to feed the 13 of you. Su Ho had personally gone to thank him for being so nice. 

Su Ho is really a gentleman. I guess it comes from being the eldest.

D.O had dragged Tao and Chen along with him to look for replacements for his cooking pots. He knew that going to the market would be the best place but as it was crowded, he wanted people to come along with him. Sehun and Luhan were on a mission to find a new sofa, preferably one that could be used as a sofa bed so you'd now have somewhere to sleep. One of the leaflets had said there was a 75% sale on everything in the store so they had gone on an hour long train journey to get to it. Su Ho was also on a mission to get a mobile phone and a sim card- the sim card was for you so that you could use your UK mobile and the handset was for Luhan. He decided Luhan needed a heavy brick phone so it wouldn't break if he ever threw it at Chanyeol again. 

By 8 o'clock, everyone had returned and the dorm was pretty much normal again. The new sofa would be arriving the next day and the company even offered to bin the old one for you so you didn't need to worry about taking it out of the dorm before they arrived. D.O had found some cheap plates and bowls for everyone and they matched the mugs that Lay had bought the day before. He had also managed to persuade the old ahjumma to let him have the cooking pots at a lower price, promising to bring her the homemade kimchi you had all prepared before going to Japan. Su Ho came back with the fattest phone you had ever seen for Luhan who reluctantly accepted it and passed you your simcard. You became #12 on Xiu Min's speed dial and everyone else followed suit, adding your number into their phones. Chanyeol and Xiu Min had been given a lift home by their manager who came in for a while to check you were alright. Kris and Kai stank of vinegar and went to have showers but the kitchen was so spotless, D.O couldn't contain his happiness and hugged them tightly. Tao and Chen had also managed to pick up a few little trinkets to replace the ones that had been broken and together, you and Lay had made new curtains, duvet covers and pillows. You highfived him and he gave you a hug. 

'You did it, Haneul! You actually put our home back to right!'

'Oh come on, I didn't do it all. You're such a quick learner and you did an amazing job. I knew I could count on you to do well.'

'I had a great teacher though. I'm glad you chose me, you know'

You blushed happily. Luhan felt a little irritated at how close you were with Lay, especially as you had specifically chosen Lay to work with you and had sent him out to the furniture store an hour away. Sehun was feeling the exact same way.

Why did she pick Kai, Kris and Lay to stay in the dorm and send the rest of us out?... Does she like them more than me?

 

You quickly announced you'd be having a shower and when you came back out, everyone was already dressed in their 'dormitory clothes'- sweatpants, socks and baggy t-shirts. A few of them had also had a shower and they smelt great. You asked Kris to help you put the curtains up as he was the tallest. You stood on a chair at first, trying to unhook the ruined curtains from the pole. 

'Eurgh, I hope these aren't too short'

'Nonsense, why would they be? Lay made them with you so they should be perfect... The two perfectionists working on curtains'

'I'm still a bit worried though'

'They'll be nice even if they're too short, so don't worry'

You reached up a little higher trying to unhook the material.

Curse this damn thing. Why are windows in Korea so damn high up?

You leaned over to your right to hook the new curtains up. Kris was doing the same on the other side. 

'Haneul, be careful!' yelled Luhan from across the room. 

He could see the chair wobbling. Kris looked over at you and at the stool you were standing on.

'Hey, Haneul... It's alright if you can't reach. Let me do it'

'I've nearly got it... See! There! Okay, lets shut these curtains so we can go to sleep now'

You pulled your side and Kris pulled his. Your fingers brushed each others as they met in the middle. You quickly retracted your hand but lost you footing causing the stool to give way beneath you.

'Wo-Woahh! Kris!'

Kris was swift and jumped down from his box and caught you before you hit the floor. You opened your eyes realising you hadn't made contact with the hard surface you thought you would and saw Kris looking straight into your eyes. 

'You called for me, didn't you?'

You gulped.

'You were standing next to me. Of course I'd call for you'

Kris just smirked and put you down. 

Yeah, whatever you say Haneul

 

 

 


Smooth duizhang, eh ;) I got a comment for a Kris Haneul one on one moment so here it is ^^ But are you shipping Sehun or Luhan or Lay too? teehee

 

lots of updates today to make up for the lack of updates to come... mianhae, all my hardest exams are in a week :(