Bonding time

That Girl, That Boy

'Why?'

'Why what, Haneul?'

'Why did you all do that for me?'

As the newly formed Prom committee, you were to miss your final lesson everyday for the week until the Prom was over and done with. You had all gone back to the dorm to help Kris clean up and escape the crowds that were following you, eager to hear everything. 

'Haneul- look at it from our position. We're 12 guys in a school where we hold a lot of power. Our new friend has come to stay in our dorm and she's now part of our family but she's being bullied-'

'Who said I'm being bullied, huh? I'm not being bullied'

'Well you're not being taken care of either. We tried to turn a blind eye but so much has happened to you this past week and we thought it'd get worse'

'Please Haneul. We care about you, that's all. It would be horrible for us to see you get hurt'

'You barely know me!'

'Whatever happened before doesn't matter. The Haneul standing in front of us is the Haneul that matters the most'

'Even if you hate us, you have to live with us and work with us on this whole prom shabang so there's no escaping'

You left the room and went out to the gazebo in the school grounds. The fairy lights had already been set up and there was a bench there to sit on. You sat down and began to think about what had happened. You knew they meant well. The bullying would decrease enormously but the sneaky attacks on you wouldn't. You were sure of it. You thought about it. 

At least I can sit with them now without being stared at now

'Haneul?'

Sehun?

'I get that you didn't want to have all that in the talk at lunchtime but they did it for you'

'I...I know'

'Are you still angry with us?'

'No'

'So come back? Its almost dinner time and we've got a few things to show you'

'Can't I stay out here a bit longer? It's nice here'

'Well I suppose you can but... Can I accompany you?'

'Yeah, sure'

'Only for 5 minutes though. Then we have to eat. You must be hungry'

'Yeah alright. I am pretty hungry to be honest'

Sehun sat down next to you on the bench. For the next 5 minutes, neither of you spoke. It wasn't awkward like the first time you met Sehun. It seemed like he understood when to talk and when to just let you think. You could hear him breathing next to you. 5 minutes were up in what felt like a second.  You stood up and reached out your hand. 

'Alright Sehun, lets go back!'

He looked surprised that you were offering your hand but he took it and you ran back up through the doors, up the stairs and onto the second floor of the dorm house dragging him along. You knocked on the door and Luhan opened it, smiling. 

'So our Sehun managed to get you back?' he said, patting Sehun on the back 'You're just in time for dinner'

As everyone sat down you knew you had to apologise.

'I erm, I have an apology to make'

'An apology? What for?'

'For overreacting. You guys were just being nice and I was being horrible about it all. Plus Kris got tomatoed and his blazer got ruined and I'm just really sorry for being so annoying about what you guys did for me and-'

'Haneul! It's fine, really!'

'But... but, it's not fine! I was so horrible and you've all been so nice to me even though you've only known me a week maximum'

Su Ho sighed. 

'Haneul, honestly stop. You don't need to apologise. I realise we shouldn't have acted the way we did after Sehun mentioned you looked uncomfortable in the crowd but as your family, we're here to look after you'

'You've looked after me so much. I just feel like- like I'm scraping in on your kindness'

'Nonsense. A pretty and cute girl who we like and willingly accept into our dorm can never be scraping in on our kindness'

'We're not even that kind anyway. Only to you'

'Exactly, so Haneul? Forget all about this. I was thinking we should play a game after dinner to help us all bond better. Xiu Min is often busy and some of the others are rarely around so I think doing this will help you get to know us properly'

You were defeated. 

'Okay...'

 

***

 

You were rolling around on the floor laughing at a video Kris was showing you. It was of Lay dancing to Wondergirl's Nobody. 

'Again! Again! Again!'

This time Lay got up and actually started dancing along. Kai joined in with him. Kris began rapping and Tao started doing backflips. Sehun took Luhan's rubix cube and timed how long it took for him to complete it. 

'1minute 29 seconds! Not as good as before, hyung. You're getting rusty' he joked

'Aish this kid! Come here!'

Luhan and Sehun began chasing each other around the room. The doorbell rang and Baekhyun jumped up to get it. Everyone quietened down. 

'Eun Mi-ah! Yun Hee-ah! Nana-ah! How nice of you guys! Ne... Of course! Huh?! All this.... Oh my God'

The door shut and Baekhyun yelled out.

'Yah Chanyeolieeeee! Get your arse over here and help me carry this stuff'

Chanyeol went over reluctantly. You heard a sigh and then:

'We're gonna need more hands helping us with this stuff'

You got up and went over to see what it was. Baekhyun was holding a cake in one hand and a carrier bag in the other. Chanyeol was holding 2 boxes and there were still a ton of bags and boxes left on the floor. Chen came over and lifted a couple before calling Tao to pick up the rest. The four of them carried everything to the table. You stared in amazement at what it all was- chocolate after chocolate after chocolate all with sickly love messages written on them. They were confessions from the girls and they had been passed to Eun Mi, Yun Hee and Nana as they were the only 3 girls (aside from you) to be allowed on the 'EXO' floor. 

Holy

The four of them were setting them into piles. It seemed like everyone had equal piles. It wasn't just chocolate though. There were scarves and hats as well as new excercise books and stuffed plushies. You stared at it all in bewilderment. You didn't notice but Chanyeol had secretly been setting aside a pile for you too. They were letters or messages from anonymous girls and as Chanyeol read them all, he threw them in the trashcan beside him. 

That's where they belong. 

D.O brought out the cake and some candles. 

'This is for Haneul, our newest member to the family!'

'Hip hip hooray!'

'Hip hip hooray!'

'Hip hip hooray!'

'And one for Good luck'

'Hip hip hooray!'