Cleaning #1

That Girl, That Boy

'Here, hand me that. I'll take care of Su Ho... You guys can take a break'

'It's alright, Haneul. Do you want to go see if the others want food?'

It was well into midnight and everyone was exhausted. You had been back and forth between the dorm and the spare room carrying energy drinks and new bin liners. Kai had insisted on seeing the principal so after putting a plaster on his knee, he went to go find him. He hadn't been back since. You could tell Chanyeol was tired as his head kept drooping forwards and it looked like he'd shrunk by about a foot because he was slouching over so much. 

'Oh shush Chanyeol. You're way too tired to be looking after him...'

'She's right, you look awful man'

'Thanks Xiu Min'

'Anytime'

 

Lay came in from the dorm carrying the bedding that hadn't been trashed. He passed the bedding to you and started to put on his jacket.

'Where are you going?'

'I'm going to get some basic things that we need. Kris has taken over momentarily in charge and he told me to buy 12 mugs and some snacks to last us the night... Anything else you guys want? Haneul? Xiu Min?'

'Could we get a cool patch for Su Ho? Then we won't need to keep pressing this damp towel on his forehead'

'Okay, sure Haneul. Xiu Min, Chanyeol- want anything?'

'Nah, I'm fine'

'You sound like you need a rest, Chanyeol... Xiu Min?'

'If it's not too much of a bother, I could ring up work and get them to make some dinner for us... Would you be able to pick it up? They know who you are anyway'

'Not a problem, tell them I'll drop by in 15 minutes... Okay, I'm off now!'

 

You and Xiu Min waved goodbye. You noticed Chanyeol's head on the table he was sitting at, facing away from you. You got up and found that he had fallen asleep.

Silly Chanyeollie

You carefully wrapped a blanket around him and positioned his jacket under his head because there weren't any pillows available. Xiu Min watched you with interest.

'You really know how to take care of people, don't you?'

'How'd you mean?'

'Well... you seem to know how to take care of Su Ho even though he's never fainted in front of you before-'

'He faints often?'

'Not often but he has quite a few times... It's usually when he's really stressed and-'

'And then he can't take it anymore?'

'Yeah... See, you know exactly what I mean without me even having to say it'

'I had practice'

'Practice? Now I'm intrigued'

'Well my oppa used to get in a few fights and things, nothing major so I always took care of his injuries'

'Your oppa?'

'Yep, Joon-oppa'

'You must really care for your oppa'

'Oh yes, definitely. I loved oppa more than the world'

Chen came through the door, carrying a bag filled with rubbish. He had only managed to catch the end of your conversation.

'Oppa? Haneul, you have an oppa?'

'Of course!'

'Isn't he angry about you being here?'

'Huh? How'd you mean?'

'W-Well... You're surrounded by 12 guys and you live with 12 guys and won't be feel... jealous? Or uneasy?'

'Why would he... Oh! No no no! I don't have a boyfriend-oppa, I have a brother-oppa!'

You giggled at his misunderstanding. Xiu Min chuckled too. Chen looked embarassed. 

'Ah... Erm, I get it now. No wonder we haven't had any guys getting angry with us for sharing a dorm with you'

'Yep'

'I-I'm gonna go put this in the trash outside... W-Where's Lay?'

'He went out to get dinner'

'Oh really? That's great. Everyone is starving, I really don't know how much longer Tao can last without eating'

'That's alright, Lay will be back soon'

 

You looked up, hearing a familiar voice. 

'Kai-oppa!'

Chen spun around too and Xiu Min got up and patted him on the back.

'Erm, yeah... I gotta go put this away but I'll call the others for food when I come back, okay?'

'Yep, that's great... Thanks Chen!'

After he left, Xiu Min focused all his attention on Kai.

'How's your leg?'

'It's-'

'Why did you take so long?'

'I was-'

'What did Park Sunsengnim say?'

'He-'

'Wait, what did he say Haneul?'

'Erm... Xiu Min, you're probably gonna need to let Kai get a word in'

Xiu Min stopped babbling instantly and looked sheepish. Kai raised an eyebrow giving his best 'I'm unimpressed' look. 

'Sorry, Kai... You can talk now'

'Well what I was going to say before hyung kept interrupting me...'

Kai shot a quick glare at Xiu Min who pretended to cower away in the corner. You smiled.

'Is that my knee is fine. It's just a cut but we should be more concerned about Su Ho-hyung. It's been a while since he last fainted. I had to find the principal at his house which is why I took so long and we came back here because he wanted to see if there was anything caught on the cctv. Obviously there isn't any cctv on our floor though because the main doors to the dormitory house are downstairs. Which is stupid. I know. We watched the cctv and I have a copy of it on this disk for us to analyse ourselves because both Park Sunsengnim and I couldn't see anything on it which to me, only means one thing'

'And what's that, Detective Kai?' asked Xiu Min

'That it was someone with access into our school one way or another'

'So you're saying it was students who did this?'

'Well it's possible isn't it? I mean they're all out to get...'

He didn't finish his sentence so you finished it for him.

'Me. They're all out to get me. But why would they trash the dorm and ruin the things that belong to you too?'

'There are quite a lot of people who don't like us, Haneul. It's not just you they don't like'

'What? How could someone not like you?!'

'To cut a long story short, we've rejected people non-stop'

'Guys have asked to move in with us, hoping to gain popularity and when we refuse, they tell us we're abusing power and that we deserve to die and all that. There's really no pleasing them'

'And the girls are just as bad. They'll be in love with one of us, confess and then when we turn them down they'll become our biggest hater'

'Although saying that, there are still girls who come after us regardless of the amount of times we say no'

'Precisely. It's hard living on this floor, you know. Everyone wants to be where we are'

 

Lay came through the door, ladened with shopping bags and plonked them on the floor. The sweet smell of tteokbokki and chicken loomed around the room. 

'Okay you can come in now!'

The 7 other boys came in, muscles aching and sweating profusively. 

God, they look really exhausted.

You set out the food on the table. It was the least you could do and you had to move Chanyeol's head to make more space as the table was quite literally just a study desk. Chanyeol woke up out of his slumber, smiling dazed, confused and sleepily.

'Mianhae Chanyeollie... Food's here, wanna eat or sleep?'

'I'll... Ah, erm... I'll eat. Just gimme a sec to use the bathroom, I need to pee... Wait, we don't have a bathroom anymore, do we?'

'No... Sorry, Chanyeollie'

'Aish... Don't be sorry, Haneul. It's not your fault our dorm got ruined'

Oh but it is. It's all my fault. I came into the lives of these 12 lovely guys and now they're being targeted too.

You sighed as you watched them hungrily devouring the food. Luhan caught you not eating and quickly put a couple of pieces of tteokbokki in your bowl. You couldn't help but smile, even though you didn't feel like it was right to. Luhan gave you a quick reassuring smile and Sehun leaned over and squeezed your hand. 

Haneul Shin, when will you stop being a burden?

 

 

 

 

 


So lets just say my physics exam was the hardest thing I have ever laid my eyes on. No exaggeration here. Pfft, I'm just glad that my friends all found it hard too...

Sounds like I'm killing all my subscribers. That's interesting...

tumblr_m4vvg9WC771rn2l17.gif

Think I might put a few more cliffhangers here and there just to see your reactions. For now, no cliffhanger for this chapter ;) 

 

comment comment comment guys! 

 

EDIT: It's Haneul who is thinking the final sentence btw, in case I didn't make it clear ^^