The Sports Festival #2

That Girl, That Boy

You spent most of the morning chatting with Chanyeol as he was the only one on your team not busy with other things. Daehyun was taking part in almost every match be it basketball, tennis, football or even volleyball. As team captain, Lay had to be present too and he played in almost every match too, only stopping to let people sub in for him. Truthfully you were worried about his injuries from the locker incident but in the morning he had assured the 12 of you that he would be fine. Saying that, you and Chanyeol still kept the bottle of medication in your bags just in case anything was to happen. Chanyeol had also reminded you to bring your inhaler, remembering the first time he had met you and you were having an asthma attack after being scared out of your wits by Eun Mi. He had to help you breathe by holding you close and asking you to breathe in time with him until your breathing slowed and became a normal pace. 

 

'Wow! Kris and Luhan are really tearing it up down there, aren't they Chanyeollie?'

'Sure are. Man, I feel sorry for Tao and Xiu Min... They're gonna get yelled at by that Sooji girl if they lose this game'

'But they're playing so well! It's just that Kris kinda overpowers them and the rest of the red team is scared of them'

'That's true'

Chanyeol laughed and the game ended 6:2 to the Blues team. You could see Sooji, Captain of the Reds, tearing her hair out and yelling at Xiu Min for 'not playing properly'. You noticed Kris go up to her and tap her on the shoulder, giving her a dazzling smile. 

'Let them off, eh? Sooji-ah? They played amazingly'

She calmed down and Tao thanked Kris for dealing with their demon team captain. You watched on from the bleachers and smiled to yourself.

So Kris has that effect on all girls...

 

By lunch time, all the matches had been played and it was time to move to the stadium for athletic events and finally, swimming. Chanyeol left you to go to the waiting room as he prepared for his sprints and hurdle events. Most of the guys were taking part in the running races. They were the ones were you could acquire the most points so those who were not even that talented still wanted to take part. You had your money on Chanyeol or Kris to win because of their tall build. Shinyeong sidled up to you on the sidelines. 

'Omo, unnie! Don't you have to be with your other team mates?'

'Nah, I'd rather be with you Haneul... Ah look! Daehyun is running!'

'Eh? He is? Where?'

'He's on your team and you didn't even notice him?'

Shinyeong rolled her eyes and you blushed. 

'I was too busy looking out for other people'

'Other people? Which other people? Minwoo isn't running...'

Oh ... She doesn't know I'm friends with the 12 guys. Oh . 

You didn't give a reply and Shinyeong raised her eyebrows, wondering what was up. She decided to change the subject and instead pointed to Daehyun who was waving furiously trying to catch your attention.

 

'Haneul! Haneul! Hey down here, it's Daehyun! Cheer me on, okay?'

'M-Me?!'

'Yeah! I'll do well if Haneul is cheering for me! You're my lucky charm!'

You nodded shyly and gave a small 'fighting!'. Chanyeol stood beside Daehyun, unhappy that you were cheering for Daehyun and not him. You noticed Chanyeol wink at you and hold up his pinkie finger. 

'Omo Haneul! That's Chanyeol next to Daehyun and he's signalling to you! Omo! Omo!'

Oh .

Luhan spotted you in the crowd holding up your pinkie finger to Chanyeol and pieced two and two together. 

Are you serious? She's cheering for him?

Jealousy kicked in and Luhan held up the loud speaker he stole off Kris.

'Yah! Shin Haneul, you pabo!'

Uh oh... That sounds like the childish 4-Dimensional singing idiot I know...

'Yah! Haneul, look at me!'

You looked at him with a glare and he laughed, blowing a kiss to you in the crowd. You felt the burn of every single girl in the school singeing into you. 

Ouch. I'm going to kill that idiot when we get back.

As if it couldn't get any worse, Sehun waved and whistled at you, flapping his bright pink shirt up and down to attract your attention. His abs became visible everytime he flapped it up slightly and the screams of the girls around you pierced your ears.

'Haneul-ah! Haneul! Wish me luck!'

 

Shinyeong was beginning to grow suspicious. 

'I thought you didn't know them?'

'I-I don't... I went to a meeting with K-Kai about the festival and they were all there so th-that's how I know them'

Please say she buys it...

'Really?'

Haneul, I'm not buying it.

'Yeah'

'And Byun Baekhyun knew you were my friend?...'

'Baek-Baekhyun? He's in my class so it's inevitable. Maybe Daehyun told him?'

'Hmm... Yeah, maybe'

'Oh well, whatever. What does it matter? We should be cheering for the guys, come on!'

'Well who are you going to cheer for?'

'What do you mean?'

'You've got like 8 guys trying to get you to cheer for them'

'I'm just gonna cheer for Chanyeol and Lay seeing as they're on my team'

'Not Daehyun?'

'Oh and Daehyun too'

'Hmmm. I'll cheer for D.O-ssi then. He seems like a nice guy'

You nodded and waited for the starting gun. 

 

'Take your marks. Ready. Set. Go!'

'Go Daehyun! Go Lay! Go Chanyeollie... Erm, Chanyeol... Go Chanyeol!'

You glanced nervously at Shinyeong who was too engrossed in the race to realise you had called Chanyeol by his nickname. You focused back on the race. Kris was in the lead, Chanyeol was right behind him and hot on his heels was Kai and Sehun. Luhan and Daehyun had decided against running in this race. You tried to find Lay and noticed him taking it slowly at the back.

Some team captain you are, Lay. 

Suddenly, Lay dropped to the ground and shouted in agony. 

'Haneul-ah, there's something wrong with your team captain' said Shinyeong, shaking you. 

You instantly got up and began to try and make your way through the crowds down to the tracks so you could help him. Tao had already noticed Lay on the ground writhing in pain and had turned around to run back towards him. The four at the front were too far ahead to realise Lay was injured. As you approached him, Daehyun came running towards you with an ice pack which you took from him gratefully. Together with Tao and a few other random school kids, you all helped him up and took him to the side. 

'It's your back, isn't it?' you whispered, pressing the icepack on it

'Aish... How did you know?'

'Idiot, I'm the reason for it' 

'No Haneul. No you're not. I wouldn't have it any other way, okay? So quit saying it's you'

'Lay... I'm sorry'

'Shhh... Shhh, don't worry about me'

He beckoned Daehyun over and took off his captain armband. 

'This is yours. You're in charge now, okay? I'll be watching you from the sidelines so if you need anything, holler at me with the walky talky'

Daehyun nodded.

'A-Are you sure?'

'Yeah, you seem pretty capable when it comes to sports. Better than me anyway'

'That's nonsense, Lay. You've been training hard in the gym with the guy in pink all week... But are you sure you want to give this to me? Wouldn't you rather give it to Chanyeol?'

'Chanyeol's lazy. Besides, you seemed to have a good effect on the team this morning'

 

The race ended and Kris had come first. Chanyeol was second and Sehun was third. As Kai hadn't really trained for the race, he ran out of stamina at the end but still came 4th. Now it was time for Daehyun, Luhan, Su Ho and Baekhyun to battle it out. 

'Cheer for me, okay?' said Luhan

'You're not even on my team. Why should I cheer for you?'

'I'll sing for you~'

'Go and die, Luhan'

He winked and strode off and you glared after him. 

 

 


releasing this in 3 parts. Seems like Lay is down and out of the games. 

LOL I didn't mean for it to sound like The Hunger Games haha, I've never even watched that movie. Did I actually quote the movie when I wrote 'Let the Games begin'?

Shinyeong is getting suspicious ooooh