Oppa? Already?!

That Girl, That Boy

You stepped off the plane after a tiring 11 hour flight and you followed the signs to collect your suitcase. When you came out, you found the nearest telephone box and called Mr Park's number.

'Yoboseyo? Chonun Haneul imnida' 

'Ah Haneul-ssi, I've sent for a guy called Kris to pick you up from the airport. He should be around holding a sign with your name' 

'Oh keurae? Kamsahamnida' and you put down the phone. 

Kris huh? Doesn't sound very Korean to me... 

You wondered around until you spotted a very tall and handsome boy standing amongst the crowd. 

Is he holding a placard with my name on it?

You took a peek at his board and sure enouh it said 

I'm here to pick up Haneul Shin/ 신하늘

My name is Kris and Mr Park sent me

I'm hungry so hurry and lets go home

You smiled as he had written it in English and the funny message made you less scared to approach him.

'Erm, you Kris?' 

'Thats what it says on my board. You Haneul?' 

'Thats me. Do I detect a Canadian accent?' 

'Yeah, I'm originally from Canada but I came over here to study. I detect a British accent, right?' 

'Mhmm' 

'Well thats cool... But I'm hungry so lets go back to the dorms and we'll see what we can get D.O to make us' 

You didn't know who D.O was but you assumed it was a teacher or a carer who made meals for the students at the school. Now you were close up to Kris, you could see his build clearer and he was extremely tall. His hair was slightly tousled and he had a piercing in his right ear. He gave off a very bad-boy looking style but he dressed well and was clearly a gentleman at heart.

'Here, let me carry your bag' 

'Huh? Erm no, Kris, its okay... It's not even that heavy' 

'Girls shouldn't carry heavy things. You'll hurt yourself' 

'But I'm strong enough... trust me, I'm fine' 

'No, I refuse. I can't let a girl injure themselves when I've only just met them'

and with that he snatched your suitcase away from you and parked it next to him. 

'Oh and Haneul?'

'Yeah?'

'You can speak Korean, right?' 

'Yeah, why?' 

'Call me oppa from now on'

You felt your cheeks turning slightly pink and you blushed slightly. You had only been in Korea for a couple of hours and you already had an oppa to care for you. During the 45 minute train ride from Incheon Airport to Seoul, you found yourself talking to Kris about your life in London and you exchanged funny stories. It felt good to have someone to relate to and it wasn't long until you arrived at the boarding house for your school. Kris took you to Mr Park's office and waited with you until you were called in and he disappeared off back to his room.