Shinyeong's Second Thoughts

That Girl, That Boy

Ring Ring. Ring Ring.

Your phone began to ring. You glanced at the clock face. 2AM? Seriously? Who the hell could it be? You walked over to the plug and yanked your phone out from the charger. 

'Yeah?'

'Shin Haneul?'

'Yeah? Who is this? It's too damn early...'

'I just want you to know... There's a storm coming'

'Sorry, what? Why are you calling me at this time anyway? Aish, I didn't catch what you said... Care to repeat?'

You heard heavy breathing on the other end of the phone. 

'Erm, hello? Who is this?'

'Better watch your back, Ms Shin'

'Mhmm sure yeah okay...Wait, what?!-'

The line went dead. 

'Aish... What the hell was that all about?... Jeez, I'm so tired' 

You heard a creak behind you and jumped out of your skin, collapsing in a heap. A strong pair of arms helped you back up. 

'Kris! You scared me!'

'Who was that?'

'Who? Where?'

'On the phone. Who were you talking to?'

'Oh... No one important. Seriously. Don't worry about me, I'm going back to bed'

Kris hated the way you dismissed him so easily. He carried on watching you as you hopped back under the covers. You noticed him staring. Oh... He's not going? You sat back up.

'Not going to sleep?' Kris asked

'Don't you want to get some sleep too?'

'I'll go back in once you're asleep. Do you mind me staying with you? Just till you're asleep, that's all' 

He pulled up a chair and you shook your head.

'No, I don't mind. Thank you... But...'

'But?'

'You'll be uncomfortable on that chair so... Erm, how about you come and sit here?'

You patted the space next to you on your sofa bed and Kris smiled that smile that had the ability to melt everyone's hearts. He made his way over and climbed on. 

'Your legs will get cold' you said, putting your duvet over his long legs so you were sharing a blanket now. 

'No no, you keep it or else you'll get ill and catch a cold' he said, placing it back on you. 

You shook your head and threw it back in position over his legs. Kris gave up. 

'G'night Kris' you said, in English

'G'night princess' 

You scoffed at that last line but fell fast asleep with his arm resting on your shoulder as he watched you doze off. 

 

***

 

'I'm just gonna get some fresh air outside, okay?'

'Yeah sure. See you in a bit' 

You headed outside to take a break from working before your next lesson started. You sat down on a bench and took a deep breath. I wonder whether Shinyeong wants to go out tonight. I'd quite like to go shopping. You whipped out your phone from your blazer pocket

As you had taken out your phone and were busy texting away, Shinyeong held the pot above your head from a high window. This is my chance. She closed her eyes and lifted the heavy object out further. She had specially picked a blunt object. I don't want to kill Haneul. Just injure her. Even scaring her is good enough. She took a peek to see if you were still sitting there in position. Second thoughts began to race through her mind. Do I want to do this? Even if it's blunt it could still injure her... Like in dramas, they go deaf or bleed a lot... Shinyeong lowered the pot and put it back down. 

'Oh God, I can't do this...' I'm sorry Jun Sook but Haneul's my friend. I can't do this. 

Her phone vibrated and to her surprise, it was a text from you.

'Unnie! How about we do something after school? I miss you! ^~^'

She knew exactly what to text back. 

'Sounds great! Meet you by the gates~ ^^'

 

 

 

 


aaaargh I apologise deeply in advance. I have family coming over for the next 3 weeks so I'm guessing I won't get much computer time... If I do, I'll update definitely and I think I'll probably be able to update on Sunday but I can't promise anything. Plus I'm living in a forest, camping from Monday till Friday so I won't be able to update then either. 

But fear not. Sunday's chapter will be fiesty and leave you with tons to chew on ;) 

Are you all on holiday? Tell me how they're going! Where are you going, if anywhere? I'm going to Frankfurt in Germany, Tokyo and on a cruise around the Scandinavia and Norway and Sweden :D so so so excited! 

oh and a big big big shoutout to everyone who've been staying up just to read this... I love you all so much! Your comments are lovely and I feel honoured that you like reading this so much. (but remember to get enough sleep or you'll become a living zombie like me... ;D) <3