In the hospital

That Girl, That Boy

You sank to your knees

Is it... Lay?

'Someone get her out of here' said Su Ho, sighing

'I'll do it' 

Chen helped you up and literally dragged you back over to your side of the hospital room. He motioned for you to get back in bed and he settled himself on the corner of the bed too, fiddling with the edge of the blanket.

'Why won't you let me see?' 

'Su Ho doesn't want to upset you' 

'Screw Su Ho!'

'Haneul-ah... It's not hyung's fault' 

'I know...it's mine, isn't it?' 

'Ani! We'll find the culprit, don't worry' 

'That guitar... It's Lay's... isn't it?' 

'I-I can't tell you... As much as I want to... I can't' 

'Look me in the eyes and tell me it isn't Lay' 

Chen tried but failed miserably. 

So it was Lay who did that for me. Awkward, embarassed, introverted Zhang Yi Xing.

'Can I see him? Now I know who he is'

'No, Haneul' 

'Are you serious?!' 

'Haneul...' 

'Look, I feel guilty enough as it is! Please let me see him!-' 

'Haneul! You're awake?!' 

 

You turned to see who had just come through the door, disrupting your argument. D.O was standing in front of you, arms ladened with bags filled with lunchboxes. 

'Tao, can you see if you can wake up Luhan? He's sleeping on the bench outside and I can't wake him up.. Oh and can someone help me carry these? Sehun?' 

'We should leave Luhan to sleep. He was here all night' 

He was?

Everyone came and gathered around the table at the end of your bed as D.O began pulling out lunchboxes. You noticed there were only 12 and D.O caught you. 

'Kai's back at school... erm, sorting things out with Park sunsengnim' 

'About this?' 

'...' 

'I'll take that as a yes then' 

'Kai's furious about it so something will be done, promise' 

'That's what we all thought last time too' 

'This time will be different-' 

 

There was a loud crash and you gave yourself 2 seconds to realise where it had come from, who it was and where to go. You threw your lunchbox aside, chopsticks flying, rice crashing to the floor and practically flew out of your bed to the other side of the screen dividing yours and Lay's beds. 

'Lay?! You're up?!' 

He could only groan in pain.

'Hyung?!' 

'Lay?! When... when did you wake up?' 

Baekhyun bent down and tried to help him up. It seemed his legs had turned to jelly so he gave up and instead helped prop him up against the wall. It was then that you took a good look at him. His face wasn't bruised or scratched, in fact it was still it's perfect self. However, from the neck downwards came the damage. He wore a neckbrace and his back and waist were tightly bandaged. His wrist was in a cast and although you couldn't see his legs as he was wearing the hopital patient clothes, you could tell his knees were bandaged too. Seeing him like that, you knelt down in front of him, threw your arms around him and on the spur of the moment, lightly kissed him on the cheek. Lay's ears turned a tinge of red and and Chanyeol hooted wth laughter until Su Ho dragged him away. Lay, of course, was shocked by your actions.

, did I just do that?.. Oh to hell with it, who gives a ?

'Lay! I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. I didn't mean for you to get hurt too... and your guitar, I'm so sorry. Oh my God, look at your hand-' you gushed

'Haneul-ah, are you okay?' 

Tears began to well up in your eyes.

'Why... Why are you asing me that? Look at you!' 

'I'll be fine, don't worry' 

He smiled sweetly to reassure you but you clung on to him even more. Usually you hated having this 'pathetic girl' image but this seemed fitting for what he had done for you. Lay slowly felt comfortable and put his own arms around you too.

'I can't believe you actually did that for me...'

'Hey Haneul, don't cry about it. You're fine and I'm fine'

'B-but look at your hand! And your back! And your neck!' 

'It'll heal faster than you think. I'll be fine' 

'And your guitar... I know your guitar is special to you' 

'You mean more to me than the guitar. We can replace the guitar but we can't replace you' 

You stayed sitting on the floor hugging until the nurse came in after hearing Lay was awake. 

 

'Zhang Yi Xing? You're awake now?' 

'Yeah' 

'We need to run a few more tests before you leave so could you come with me? Can you stand properly or should I get a wheelchair?' 

'Just give me a second, I'll get up' 

The nurse patiently waited whilst Kris and Chanyeol, being the tallest, helped him up and together with the nurse, they led him out of the room. Xiu Min sat on the floor beside you and passed you a bun.

'Seems like you need it' 

'Thanks oppa' you said, smiling

'That's more like it. We want to see our Haneul smiling' 

'Will Lay be alright?' 

Xiu Min lowered his voice. The others were busy packing Lay's things so they were well out of earshot but he still spoke with a hushed tone.

'Lay will be fine, I can gurantee it' 

'How do you know?' 

'He's... he's been through worse things than that, I promise you. When the time comes, he'll tell you why he did that for you' 

'Do you know why?' 

'I can take an educated guess... and I reckon it's right' 

'But you won't tell me' 

'Nope' 

'Of course' 

'Don't worry, lets get you changed and we can go back to the dorm. Park sunsengnim organised a car to take us back' 

'How on earth will we all fit in it?' 

'By car, I mean a van' Xiu Min said, chuckling. 

 

 

 

 


CHAPTER 40! Omg, its already chapter 40... You're not bored, are you? :( After I left the clue about the smashed guitar, ya'll instantly got it! Congratssss to all my subscribers! ^^ 

So I'll give you some insight into the next chappie because I feel like a mean author for teasing you all ;) We're ACTUALLY gonna go to Japan in Chapter 41, promise. And something interesting will happen teehee. Can you guess?... I'm not leaving any clues though keke XD

No gifs today for fangirl section, just a request. GO ON YOUTUBE AND LISTEN TO D.O SING BILLIONAIRE BY BRUNO MARS<3 

Comment & subscribe and EXO will love youuuuuuuu <3 ;)