Dinner for Kai

That Girl, That Boy

'So Haneul-ssi... Anything you want to tell us?'

'Huh?'

'You and Kai looked extremely comfortable just now'

'What?!'

'Yeah! Don't deny it!' Luhan perked up

'No way! You've got it wrong! I didn't know he'd hug me like that'

'That wasn't just a hug... It was like...like... just so weird for Kai to do that' Sehun whispered to Luhan

'What was that you just said?'

'Huh? Oh no, nothing. Don't worry'

 

Come 8 o'clock and the kimchi was done and put away to marinate. There was a little bit left of what had been made beforehand so D.O made his famous kimchi ramen that Kris had previously ditched you for. You all sat around the table but Kai still wasn't back. 

'Come on! Come on! Come on! I want to eat!'

'Calm yo , Tao'

'Do you think he's still doing stuff for school?'

'He'll break himself running the school'

'Well you know why he does all this...'

'...Yeah, I know'

They were discussing matters that only they knew about and it was obvious that it had something to do with Kai's past. Just as Xiu Min had said- everyone is here for a reason.

Well I have no idea what they're talking about...

'Su Ho? Can we make a start? It seems like he'll be a while...'

'Have you rang him, Luhan?'

'Yeah, just now. He won't pick up'

'Can we wait a bit longer?...D.O?'

'Sorry hyung, we need to eat it now. I didn't realise he wouldn't be back yet'

'Ah it's not your fault. Lets just get a flask and set him some aside'

Ahhh, now I see why Su Ho is the leader. He takes care of all the others so well... Like a true big brother

 

A portion was dished up for Kai and left in the kitchen. Everyone dug in and you could see what Kris meant when he had said that he was scared the others would eat his share too. Xiu Min managed to grab hold of the chopsticks first and began to dish out food for himself. Being the hardworking one, the others didn't mind him taking his share first. He then picked up Tao's bowl and began filling it as Tao looked on, grinning with delight.

N'aww he's so cute when he's being fed

Xiu Min passed the chopsticks to Chen who was sitting next to him and Chen took his share before passing the chopsticks to D.O

'Chef should get food, right?'

'Haha, thanks Chen Chen'

D.O took his share and then left the chopsticks in the pot. There was a massive frenzy for them. Baekhyun narrowly missed being elbowed in the eye by Chanyeol but eventually it was Sehun's quick wit that gave him the chance to seize the chopsticks. 

'Damn! Sehunnie, can I have it next?'

'Yeah sure... Let me just... um, Haneul? Do you want me to dish the ramen out for you?'

'Uh...erm, yeah sure... Thank you'

'Ooooh, where did maknae learn those smooth moves from?'

'Shut up Luhan hyung! I'm just being nice!'

'Hmm, sure... Dish me out some too then'

'Eurgh'

Eventually everyone had their food and the pot was scraped clean. You began to clear the plates away and Tao and Sehun helped as their 'official chores' were to help out generally. D.O got up to start washing up but held out a lunch box for you. 

'Haneul-ssi! Wanna take this to Kai?!'

'Yeah sure'

'Thanks... Okay, go with Lay-'

Lay shut the door behind him disappearing out of the dorm. 

'Aish, can't that guy just tell us where he's going'

'Oh, he said something about the music room and his guitar' said Kris

'Lay plays the guitar?'

'Yeah, he's pretty decent too but he doesn't like to play for people much... He's quite quiet about it'

'Oh... Well I'll take this to Kai anyway. Is it just this?'

'Huh? Oh no wait, let me just get a bottle out of the fridge'

You picked up the lunchbox containing the flask of ramen, a pair of chopsticks and some fruit, tucking it under your arm and D.O passed you a bottle of peach flavored water. His fingers lightly brushed against yours as you took the bottle from his hand and you swear you felt yourself blushing slightly. Flustered, you pulled up the hood of your grey hoodie and ran out of the door. 

 

I'm guessing he's in the council room?

You made your way out of the dorm house and to the main school building. There were some students around as it was the holidays and there was no time curfew. Most of them didn't notice or recognise you as your hood was up but those that did parted aside for you.

Holy crap, it's like being royalty

You carried on up the stairs to the council room only to find Kai wasn't there but there were 2 students in the room. You opened the door peering in and they turned to look at you.

'Oh God, sorry for disturbing but... by any chance do you know where Kai is?'

'Kai-ssi?... Sorry, who are you?'

Oh right, I forgot about my hood

You pulled down your hood letting your long hair flow around your shoulders. 

'Oh! Shin Haneul, right? New student from the UK?'

'Erm yeah... That's me'

'Pleasure to meet you. Aoi, head of extra curricular activities'

'Ah... Nice to meet you... Aoi'

'Oh, I'm Japanese by the way, hence the name... I'm also in the year below you so I guess I could call you... sunbae?'

'What? Oh no, sunbae is too formal! We can make do without honorifics'

You were staring at his hair. It was spiked up at all angles and you really couldn't believe a student like this was a Head of a department. Another thing, his hair was electric blue.

'Aoi means blue in Japanese... that's why his hair is blue' said the other student smiling. 

This student was a girl with a short bob. She looked even younger than Aoi but they had the same smile. 

'My name's Aki and well, we're actually twins... Aoi and I...But about Kai-ssi, he said he was heading to the library so you might be able to catch him before he leaves again'

'Oh, thank you so much! Nice meeting you Aoi and Aki!'

'It was good to finally meet the famous Haneul too'

'Famous? Me?'

'Well when EXO welcome someone, it's quite a big thing'

So even the younger years know about this stuff with the whole EXO nonsense

You nodded kindly and bowed before leaving and turning right, running at full speed to reach the library. Once you entered you found Kai almost immediately. You only had to look at which direction all the girls were staring at to know where he was. 

 

'Kai-oppa? Dinner is served'

'Woah, Haneul! You scared me!'

'The others made me bring this to you... What are you researching?'

'Oh nothing special... Just some basic gardening stuff'

'Gardening?'

'They want to renovate outside so I've been finding out what plants we can grow in the type of soil we have'

'Sounds... fancy'

'Oh it is. Much too fancy for our school'

'Well... I should go and leave you to research in peace... But don't come back late!'

'I won't, I won't. Promise!'

 

You left the library leaving Kai in peace, happily skipping down the corridors. You hadn't noticed the jealous stares from the girls in the library and you certainly hadn't noticed a girl slip behind the lockers. There was a gap between the wall and the backs of the lockers, big enough for someone to hide behind. As you slowed to a normal walk, you were whistling happily to yourself, completely oblivious. 

You stopped to the delight of the girl behind the locker right on the X spot. She shoved and you heard a creak. The weight of the lockers passed the pivot of the centre of mass and the lockers began to topple. The doors fluttered open scattering paper everywhere. You screamed but stood rooted to the spot.

 

 

 

'Haneul?!'

 

 

 

 

 

 

The last thing you felt was the warm embrace of someone, carefully placing themselves to protect you from the hit of the 105kg lockers. 

 

 


gotta be up early, quickly finished the last paragraph before beddy time! No fan girl section this time :( So so tired huuuu