Just a Sunday

That Girl, That Boy

You woke up early with nothing to do so you took out the laptop and logged on to skype. Ah Ri was online and so was Jiyoung, Chanyeol's sister. Jiyoung called you first.

'Chanyeol-ahhhh! Why are you awake?!... Omo, Haneul?'

'Ah, sorry if you were expecting Chanyeol'

'Oh no, not at all. Is it just you awake?'

'Yeah'

'Why not wake one of the boys up to keep you company?'

'Nah, they need to sleep'

'Araso, well... Anything you want to tell unnie?'

'I was wondering whether you were going to go to London for Fashion Week...'

'Ahh... That's where you moved from, isn't it?'

'...Yeah'

'Well I wasn't planning on going but one of the girls happened to be friends with the head of Burberry so it might be possible'

'Ah I see'

'You don't sound too happy?'

'No no, I'm happy but...'

'But?'

'If you do go... Please be careful'

'Careful? Like crime and being mugged?'

'Well... yeah, you could say that'

'Don't worry about unnie! I'll be fine, if I go anyway'

'Just... take care of yourself and... if anyone asks if you know me, you don't'

'Haneul... Is there anything you want to tell me?'

'...'

'Okay, unnie will take care. Unnie doesn't know any Haneul'

'Thanks'

'Are you sure you don't want to say?'

'Mm, maybe another time. Have fun in Paris'

'New York first! Speaking of that, I've booked tickets for Wednesday. It's your holidays at the moment, right?'

'Yeah'

'Okay, well make sure you tell the boys that you're going to Japan in 3 days... Gah, I wish I could come!'

'I wish you could too... Where are you unnie?... It's so noisy'

'Oh, I'm at the hair salon at the moment... You can probably hear the dryers near me'

'Unnie, it's 5AM...'

'Life of a model is hard, I've been living on energy drinks'

'Don't tire yourself out like Kai, please'

'Is he still staying up till all hours working?'

'How did you know?'

'Something's on his mind. I remember when he first moved in with them... He was like that then too'

'Xiu Min said he's always like that'

'Yeah he is but... Does he listen to them when they tell him to sleep?'

'No, I had to yell at him to sleep'

'Something is definitely up then... Look, don't worry about it. Kai's a clever boy, he'll figure it out'

'But he looks so ill and... fragile'

'Haneul, trust me. The 12 of them are the strangest boys you will ever meet. They all have a different reason for being the way they are. They all have a reason for being in that dorm-'

'Is this dorm... the problem kid dorm?'

'Haneul... Please, I have to get off the phone soon but listen to me when I say this... The 13 of you are all special. I know there's a reason for you being in Korea, you don't need to tell me it... I knew as soon as Kris told me there was a new girl on the EXO floor'

'You know about the whole EXO thing too?'

'I used to live on the EXO floor too... Everything you've gone through, just know that the 12 of them will be there for you and so will I. The bond between those boys... Strong doesn't even describe it... and for them to open it up for you...either they trust you with their lives or you forced your way in'

'...I...uh'

'Look, I have to go now. I won't be able to talk to you for a while, probably until you come back from Japan but if you need anything, ask the boys... Remember, wednesday is your flight.. Okay, I'm going now... Smile for unnie!'

You gave her a small smile. Pleased with it, Jiyoung hung up as Chanyeol walked out of his room.

 

'Oh Haneul, you're awake?'

'Yeah, I was just talking to your sister'

'Oh really? What did noona say?'

'Oh erm... nothing really. Just that our flight is Wednesday'

'Oh okay. Well I'm gonna have a shower before everyone gets up... see you in a sec'

As everyone gradually woke up, the dorm became busy. You went out to the supermarket with Su Ho, wanting to give Sehun a lie in. He had looked quite tired the night before.

'It's nice to have you accompany me, Haneul'

'Oh no, it's totally fine. I haven't been out much anyway'

'Is there anything in particular you want to buy? Any food you really like?'

'Erm... what's on our shopping list?'

'Beansprouts, runner beans, cabbage, chilli, melon, 2 boxes of strawberry Pepero and some beef'

'Could we get tofu too? I really like that'

'Tofu? Yeah sure, I think D.O would appreciate trying something new out'

You were busy going down the isles together, laughing and joking. The sales assistants offered cups of soup and herbal drinks to try out. You took them all and the young male assistants all tried their hardest to chat you up until they saw Su Ho at your side. An older lady assistant offered you some cookies.

'They're special biscuits for sharing. Perfect for couples like you two!'

'Oh we're not a couple!'

'Well the two of you look picture perfect'

Su Ho thanked the kind lady and briskly whisked you away. He quickly paid at the till and you began to walk back. 

Should I ask...

'Su Ho... Do you know someone called Shinyeong?'

'Shinyeong? Why do you ask?'

'Oh, I just heard some girls mention her name at the prom, that's all'

'I see... Well I don't exactly know her but from what I've heard, she's pretty but not a very nice person'

'Oh...'

'You're better off asking Baekhyun when it comes to other students. I don't know much really'

'It's okay, I was just curious... Forget I ever asked'

 

After lunch, Baekhyun and Lay began preparing kimchi. The idea was to let it settle during the entire time you were away in Japan so that when you came back, it would be extra spicy and extra flavoursome. 

'Hey Haneul! Ever tried doing this before?' 

'No...' 

'Jinja?! Wow, okay you have to help us!' 

'Oh Baekhyunnn... Do I have to?' 

'Yes!...Okay go put on an apron and wash your hands then you can get started' 

You had hoped to have a nice lazy day, like Chanyeol but that obviously wasn't happening. Lay still wasn't talking to you either.

Will that guy ever speak?

Baekhyun caught you looking and nudged Lay.

'Okay, you two are so awkward it's making me feel weird' 

'It's your own fault anyway, I wouldn't have fallen on her if you didn't come storming in' 

'Oh don't lie! As if it was me! I bet you wanted it to happen anyway' 

'Yah, stop! You're making it like I'm the ert here' 

'And aren't you?' 

'No!' 

Baekhyun caught your eye and winked. You laughed and playfully punched Lay's arm. He looked up from rubbing the chilli onto the lettuce leaf he was holding.

'Don't worry about it. I don't think you're erted... just unlucky I guess' 

'...Thanks, I guess' 

'Let's not be awkward, okay?'

'Okay'

'...Unless you want to be awkward?'

'No no, being friendly is good. Awkward is bad' 

You laughed to yourself.

He's naturally awkward but it's refreshing I guess. Everyone here has their own personality and it really shows when they're together

 

'Oh my God, it's so late already?! I've been asleep for 12 hours?!' 

'Sounds like Kai just woke up' 

'Prepare for hell' said D.O, settling himself next to you taking a leaf of lettuce

'How?! Why didn't you guys wake me up?!...I'm so late! And I still haven't finished the stuff from yesterday' 

'Sounds like he's going through a mid-life crisis' Chen smirked, also settling himself down next to you

'Where's Luhan?! He's got my notes! Oh my God...' 

'Someone help the poor soul' 

'Hyuuuuuuuung! I need you now!' 

'Yah, which hyung are you talking to?!' yelled Chanyeol

'Any of you! I'm so late... Why didn't you guys wake me up?! Oh God, okay... Let's just get the stuff and quickly finish it... I'm sure I can apologise or something' 

'Kai, it's not like they'll be that angry that you were late' 

'The meeting was supposed to be a few hours ago!' 

'Oh... ... Well, good luck' 

'Arghh... Where are my socks?!'

'Take mine!' Sehun said, ing him a clean white pair

'Huh?...Oh, thanks Sehun!...Okay, now to do this poster... Wait, who did this for me?' 

'Did what?... Kai, you should probably stop talking to yourself' said Kris

'This...this poster... Did you do it for me?' 

'I didn't... Did you do it?' 

'Don't look at me, I'm hopeless at art, you know that!' said Tao

'I..I did it' 

Everyone turned to look at you. Even Lay managed to turn to face you with a shocked and eyebrows-raised look on his face.

'Haneul?... You did this for me?'

'Yeah...I hope you don't mind it being so rubbish... You were just really tired and I couldn't sleep so I did it for you' 

'Come here'

You got up and wandered over to where Kai was standing.

'Is it really awful? I thought I wasn't too bad at art but if you don't like it, you can bin it...I won't mind, promise... I shouldn't have done it without your permission anyway and-'

Suddenly you felt a wave of heat pass over you. Kai wrapped his arms around you and pulled you in for a deep hug. You felt yourself crushed against his chest and your heart thumped from the sudden contact. You hadn't been expecting it at all. Your arms were pinned to your sides and you felt Kai lift you slightly off the ground, spinning you around and around. Your slim frame made it easy for him to lift you and you could smell his cologne on his body. After hugging you for what felt like ages, Kai put you down and gave you another hug.

'Thank you so much'

You didn't reply.

'I can't believe you did this for me...It's perfect! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!'

'...'

'Haneul?'

'Mngh...Can't...Breathe'

'Oh'

Kai let you go.

'Sorry'

'Ahem...It's fine... Do you really like it?'

'It's perfect!' 

'Well that's good then... Anyway go to Park sunsengnim and apologise! Thank me later' 

'Oh crap, God, I forgot all about that... Alright, I'm going now... Bye!' 

The front door to the dorm slammed shut and you joined the boys on the floor preparing the kimchi once again. D.O looked to you.

'So Haneul-ssi... Anything you want to tell us?' 

 

 

 

 


HEYLOOO! 300 subscribers?! omg, you're all too kind! Thank you so so much for subscribing, I'm honestly amazing and so grateful to everyone who's commented or at least, enjoyed this story! Not really sure what the point of this chappie was... haha, lets just say its a buffer chapter/ chapter to    interact with other characters... ;)

tumblr_m2shngbFBZ1rn8lhxo1_250.gif tumblr_m2shngbFBZ1rn8lhxo2_250.gif

n'aww look at surprised Kai hahahaha

tumblr_m3beboCPuH1rrtthmo1_500.gif

yes... I really should be studying... Eurgh

oh and for those of you interested, you can dress up Lay! Like you know those stardoll things we all used to play when we were younger... EXCEPT ITS LAY VERSION. And it has every outfit he's worn so far on it. Go check it out, its hilarious

http://exoxoxo.blog.me/150137449567

I have to say, Chanyeol is creeping up my bias list. I think my tumblr is now 70% EXO and 50% of that is Chanyeol...  Y U DO THIS 2 ME?!

 

Comment and subscribe if you haven't already! Until next time, Annyeong! <3