Suspects Cont.

That Girl, That Boy

At Daehyun's house, Minwoo had left to go back to his dorm before the gates were locked.

'So it's set, right?' said Jun Sook 'You know what to do?'

Shinyeong smirked and nodded. Jun Sook smiled at his younger and patted her on the head. 

'That's good. Come on, oppa will drive you home Shinyeong-ah. I can say hi to your parents too'

'Mom will be really happy that you're back now, oppa'

Daehyun grinned too, happy to see his hyung looking so healthy and led them out of the door. Jun Sook sped off in his car to take Shinyeong safely home. Daehyun looked up into the distance but frowned this time. I'm really sorry, Haneul... But I have to do this.

 

***

 

'Why can't you see the figure?! It's right there!' said Su Ho

'Hyung, why are you yelling?! You never yell!'

'It's because you're all so incompetent at seeing this!'

Sehun sat next to Luhan and lightly nudged him.

'I've never seen him shouting like this'

Luhan frowned. It's true. I've never seen Su Ho so worked up before. Baekhyun was lying on the couch and you held the icepack on his eye. You lifted it up and saw the bruise wasn't as dark as before but it was still purply and bumpy. Shinyeong best be happy she has such a protective boyfriend. He even beat up poor Baekhyun about it. He writhed in pain as you applied a bit more pressure. 

'I'm sorry Baekhyun but I have to do this'

Baekhyun began to tear up slightly from the pain and it broke your heart. 

'I'm really sorry D.O punched you'

Baekhyun sighed. 

'I just hope he's right and that your friend Shinyeong isn't using him... Do you believe me?'

You were at a loss. Do I really think that she has something to do with it? But Shinyeong is my friend... Why on earth would she have tried to ruin our place? You had forgotten that the day you met Shinyeong was the day after arriving back in Seoul from your vacation in Japan.

 

***

 

Over the next few days, you rarely saw D.O as he spent a lot of his time with Shinyeong, refusing to listen to everyone's pleas. The quality of dinner was at an all time low and no one ate lunch as D.O wasn't prepared to make 13 lunchboxes. There was one night when he returned late and both Su Ho and Kris were furious with him. 

'Where have you been?! I've been worried sick!' said Kris

You hung back, biting your lip. 

'Relax, it's not like you really care' said D.O, shrugging.

Su Ho was outraged.

'Yah, Do Kyungsoo! Since when did we not care about you?! We're brothers, may I remind you'

'Since you accused my girlfriend of plotting with that bastard Daehyun! If you hurt her, you hurt me! And you're about as good as a family member to me as my dead parents are!'

Su Ho was shocked by the way D.O spoke. He was brought up so well by his grandparents. Why on earth is he speaking like this? Kris rolled his eyes. 

'Perlease! What do you even know about Kim Shinyeong?!'

'I know that she still has no idea about what happened to Haneul at that god damned party!'

'Oh and that's what she told you?! Are you sure she isn't just lying to you?!'

'God you make her sound like a total liar! May I remind you that she's the first girl to actually become friends with Haneul! Your precious Haneul!'

'What do you mean 'my precious Haneul'?! Haneul is special to all of us, you pig!'

Lay came into the living room and saw you standing awkwardly watching their argument. He felt angry that they were bringing it up in front of you. 

'What are you 3 doing?! Can't you see that Haneul is standing right here?! Take it from her point of view- she has no idea what to believe and who to think is the culprit. She's already so damn traumatised because of what happened at the party and you lot aren't helping it! God! Just look at her! You lot are pathetic'

Lay laced his fingers in with yours and gave your hand a quick squeeze. 

'I'm taking her away from all this crap we're having to deal with, okay? We'll be back later'

He began to make his way out of the door, slamming it before Su Ho could retaliate. 

'W-Wait Lay! It's... already... so... late'

Baekhyun came out of his room to use the bathroom and scowled when he found that D.O was back. They still hadn't made up and although his bruise wasn't colored anymore, it still hurt a lot. Kris sighed and went to his room. Tao and Sehun stayed huddled in the corner, trying to keep out of the mess. Kai was busy drafting plans and writing up evidence reports. He sighed. The only thing they could base their evidence on was the black hooded person. He took a screenshot of the video and opened it up on the laptop. After some careful research, he found out the brand name and logo. Bingo! Theres a small gold embellishment on the right pocket. We just need to find out who owns that hoodie. He kept the information to himself. He knew better than to add fuel to the fire. 

 

***

 

'Cry if you need to' said Lay

You ignored that statement. 

'Where are we going?'

'The garden... It's my favorite place'

'But it's late... We'll get locked out'

'So what? It's better to be out here than be stuck in our dorm when D.O hates everyone'

You sighed, knowing that Lay was right. 

'Why would I cry?'

'Well aren't you confused? We're asking you to go against your friend and from my point of view, that's a hard thing to do. Unless she isn't really a friend in your eyes... Is she?

'I-I... I don't know what to think. Shinyeong is my good friend and I don't know why she or Daehyun or Minwoo would ever try and do that. They're nice people... It's all too confusing. Does it matter who ruined our dorm, anyway? We got it back together in no time'

'I don't think you quite understand the severity of it. Anyone who causes damage to property on purpose is supposed to be automatically expelled from the school. If you get expelled, you can't attend the university we're linked to. Whoever ruined our dorm is doing it for revenge and if they do it once, they'll do it again. We need to get to the bottom of it before we enrol in university... Who knows what they'll do then...'

You reached the garden on to your surprise, the pathways were lit up and it was a nice night. You sat on a bench next to Lay and he put his arm around you after seeing goosebumps appear on your arms. Your eyes began to shut and you eventually huddled close to Lay and fell asleep, head resting on his lap. Carrying you home in his arms, Lay said the things that he was scared to say to you face to face, hoping that it'd send sublimimal messages somehow. 

'Haneul-ah... Aish, this is so stupid. I'm scared to tell you this when you're awake so I out and tell you when you're asleep'

Lay gave himself a mental pat on the back.

'You've come so far since you first arrived. You dealt with the loss of your family but now the world's going to come crashing back down. I don't know how to tell you but your friend... She's bad news. I thought Daehyun was okay but now I can see them in a different light. That's not the point anyway...'

You let out a slight soft snore as you snuggled closer into Lay's chest as he grew closer to the gates of the school. Luckily, they were still open. Lay smiled seeing you cuddled in his arms. 

'Whatever happens next... I just hope that you'll be strong enough to deal with it. If Jun Sook is out to get you, I don't know what I'd do... But... I know you can't hear me but... If he's after you to get revenge... I'll protect you in every way possible. I promise you.'

Opening the door to the dorm, Lay found that everyone had gone to sleep. He decided he'd take advantage of that and resting you on your side of the sofa bed, he crawled into the other side. It's the second time I've slept next to you and it feels right every time. 

 

 


Exams are finally over. It is the end of 6 weeks from hell. AN ERA IS OVER! Sorry about slow updates; I'm still working out a plot that's both interesting but not too confusing. I came up with a really good one with loads of twists and drama and action, wrote it down in note form on my phone so I'd remember it and when I reread it through yesterday it didn't make sense to me and I have no idea what on earth I was thinking... OTL

Lay is so cuuuuuuuuuuute; I felt I had to put a bit of cute romance in this update. Too much drama isnt good for hardcore romantics like me ;)

What are your views on D.O's position? Who should Haneul choose to believe? Who do you think did it? Are they going to catch who did it and if so, how will they? And where is Minwoo standing?... 

Tell me what you think! Comment comment commenttttttttt <3