Suspects

That Girl, That Boy

'It's almost graduation... We're going to leave this place' 

Everyone had gathered for dinner and was busy reminiscing over the memories they had shared. 

'Wait... Where will we all live?' you asked.

Kris chuckled. 

'Don't worry, Mr Park is practically our adoptive father. He won't throw us out' 

'You mean we'll live here? Even when we will be at university?!' 

Suho shook his head.

'No, we'll move out of the dorm but we'll all be together under the care of Park Sunsengnim. He's not going to get rid of us anytime soon so don't worry. The students from this school almost always automatically transfer to the university down the road. That's also run by Park Sunsengnim. Practically everyone will go there unless they get expelled or decide to go somewhere else ' 

Xiumin and Chanyeol exchanged glances but despite noticing them, you put it to the back of your mind. Something else was plaguing inside it and it wasn't a nice thought.

Shinyeong-unnie said that Daehyun will be back tomorrow... Should I tell the others?

You decided it would be best and cleared your throat. Everyone turned to look at you expectantly. 

'Daehyun's back tomorrow by the way. Can we all try not to say anything? I'm sure he's quite ashamed of himself already' 

'Are you sure? He was pretty... erm, rough... on you...' said Luhan

'I'm positive' 

Luhan smiled at your answer. This is what I love about her- she's so willing to forgive and is so kindhearted.

'Do you want me to sit with you in classes tomorrow?' said Kai

'I'd love that... Thank you, Kai-oppa'

Luhan's smile turned upside. I hate not being in her class. She's always with Kai and Baekhyun. 

 

***

 

The next morning drew by quickly and you sat in class with Kai by your side. Kai usually sat towards the back of the class and Daehyun would sit at the table next to his but by arriving early, Kai had managed to persuade the teachers to let you sit as far away from Daehyun as possible. Minwoo noticed his best friend had finally returned and sat next to him, eagerly engaging in conversation. Baekhyun sat nearby eavesdropping, under the instruction of Kris. 

'Hyung's back from America, you know'

Daehyun nodded and Minwoo looked surprised. Baekhyun leaned in a little further. I wonder who this hyung is.

'How did you know already?! I only saw him a few days ago'

'He's been back in Korea for quite a while, you know'

Minwoo looked upset that his best friend hadn't told him about meeting up with their old hyung but he knew best not to say anything. Daehyun's eyes were dark and crazed- he looked like he hadn't slept in ages.

'So what did Jun Sook-hyung tell you?' asked Daehyun

Baekhyun widened his eyes at the name and had to stop himself from gasping in shock. Jun Sook?!

 

*flashback*

 

'It seems like Daehyun knows a lot of people, being so socialable and all. One of those people is Jun Sook'

Kai coughed and spluttered and Chanyeol looked like he wanted to be violently sick. Jun Sook?! Su Ho looked uneasy. It had been 3 years since they had last seen Jun Sook. He had been in Jiyoung-noona's year and when she refused to move in with him during her final year saying she wanted to stay with the 12 boys, he was fuming. He said that EXO ruined his relationship with Jiyoung and had always vowed to get back at them, one way or another. Lay cleared his throat. 

'Surely Jun Sook is over that now. I mean, noona is?'

Chanyeol twitched his lips. He always hated me because noona said she'd never leave me. Baekhyun squeezed his best friend's hand reassuringly. 

*end of flashback*

 

'Not much... He just asked how I've been and whether I'm still living in the dorms or not'

'Oh? Is that all?' 

Minwoo squinted at his best friend. What is this guy hiding away from me?... He decided to ignore it and nodded.

'Yep, pretty much. Hyung's looking good anyway, isn't he? I mean... considering how hurt and stuff he was...'

Daehyun clenched his fist under the table. He knew he had to be careful with what he said when Baekhyun was close by listening. 

'Hyung's good, yeah. Anyhow... Now that I'm back at school, how about you and Shinyeong come over tonight for dinner? It'll be great, won't it?'

Minwoo nodded.

'Sure, I'll see you after school then'

Baekhyun made a mental note on everything he had heard. Jun Sook is back and I should warn the others. Daehyun looks exhausted and Shinyeong and Minwoo are going to his place later... I'll remember to tell Kris this. 

 

***

 

'Jung Daehyun! Where the hell have you been?!' yelled Shinyeong as she walked beside him on their way to his house.

'I was ill but I'm better now...'

'Don't you dare lie to me! My boyfriend was worried sick about me because I was so damn worried about YOU!'

'Wait... You have a boyfriend now?'

Shinyeong nodded and smirked. 

'It's D.O... I did well, didn't I?... Will Jun Sook-oppa be proud of me?'

'I reckon he will'

Daehyun laughed and Shinyeong jumped with happiness. Minwoo looked at his two friends in complete confusion. What on earth are they talking about? He wasn't happy about the fact that Shinyeong and D.O were an item. He really liked her. As they came to Daehyun's house, Minwoo was surprised to find Jun Sook sitting outside. Shinyeong ran and hugged him and Daehyun gave him a brotherly hug. Minwoo stood there awkwardly. 

'Minwoo-ah? Aren't you gonna give your hyung a hug? It's been a while'

'I saw you a couple of days ago though...'

'That doesn't count... It's been too long! Come on, lets all go inside and catch up'

Shinyeong linked her arm into Jun Sook's and Daehyun opened up the door. Minwoo sighed. It's always going to be like this, isn't it? Those 2 are always doing horrible things whilst pretending to be nice and I end up getting dragged along into it too. 

 

***

 

Baekhyun had told everyone at dinner about the sudden arrival of Jun Sook. You were still a little confused about it. 

'So Jiyoung-noona refused to move in with him during final year?'

'She wanted to stay and look after us. I guess Jun Sook got jealous...'

You were in disbelief.

'But Chanyeol is her brother! Of course she'd stay with him!'

'Precisely why he hates me' said Chanyeol, sadly. 

'It's just all very fishy as to why he's back... He said that he'd never want to come back to Seoul as long as we were here...' 

'Unless he's planning something?' 

You groaned. Please can I not have any more drama in my life? This is too much already. Su Ho came over holding the laptop. 

'Alright, I've analysed these cctv videos enough and I managed to finally notice something. If I freeze this here, there's someone hiding in that corner wearing a black hoodie' 

You all gathered to look at the screen but no one could see what Su Ho was talking about. 

'Hyung... I don't see anything. Let's face it, we'll never find out who did it' said Tao

'I'm sure it has something to do with Jun Sook' said Baekhyun. 

Everyone turned to face him.

'Baekhyun-ah, you can't make those assumptions...' said Kris

'We have no proper evidence that it's to do with him. If anything, I reckon it'd be to do with Daehyun and his friend Minwoo' 

Baekhyun shook his head. 

'Minwoo doesn't seem to be in on this. I think that Kim Shinyeong is probably on this plan with the 2 of them' 

D.O stood up, outraged. 

'What exactly are you saying about her?! If you don't remember, that is my girlfriend you're accusing! Why on earth would she try and wreck our dorm?!' 

'D.O! Control your volume! Please!' yelled Kris

'You control your volume, hyung!' 

You slumped down in your seat. This. Is. Not. Good. Lay placed his hands over your ears and you felt Luhan cover your eyes. Aish, we can't let Haneul see D.O hit Baekhyun. After all, that's what he always does when he's angry at someone.

'Come on guys, this isn't necessary!' 

Chanyeol clamped his hand over your mouth and you stopped struggling knowing that it was pathetic. It was a good minute or so until the 3 of them let go of you and you finally regained your sense of sight, hearing and speech. You saw Baekhyun on his knees with a black bruise on his right eye. Sehun was bringing him an ice pack. Su Ho was shaking his head and Kai was running out of the door. 

'D.O! Wait just a moment!' 

The door slammed shut behind Kai and Chanyeol got up to kneel beside his 'brother'.

'Baekhyun... Are you okay?' 

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked away. You felt saddened seeing the sunshine boy like that. Kris helped him up and patted him on his back. 

'Don't worry, Baekhyun-ah... I'm willing to believe you. We'll get proper evidence for this so it's not just a hunch... D.O will come round soon' 

Everyone else in the room nodded too as you stood there bewildered. What on earth is happening? Does Shinyeong have something to do with what happened to our dorm? Did this Jun Sook person tell her to do it in revenge over Jiyoung-noona? And why is Daehyun and Minwoo involved?

 

 


surrrrp everyone! how are you all? I hope this isn't confusing as I've kinda just cut straight into the next bit of drama lol. we're finally going to solve who commited the crime and it's going to be brilliant and then seqeul will start and then I'll write lots of cute fluffy scenes and gah, I'm exccited! poor Baekhyun has a black eye from D.O... tut tut tut. And now everyone is turning on Shinyeong, what is Haneul going to do? support her friend or support  her roomates who have become family to her?! GAHHHHHHHH

as you can see, I am being extrememly lazy with spellings in this nd full stops. Wanna know why?! final exam tomorrow woooooooooo!

is it cute that Kai went after D.O? Do you ship them? I kind of just ship everyone with everyone so I try and incorporate the popular OTPs ;) 

okay exhausted author is now going to sleep and prepare for exam. I will see you tomorrow with another update hhpefully!