Talking with D.O

That Girl, That Boy

'And you're sure you saw Jenny wearing it?' said Baekhyun

'Positive!' said Kai

'Well that kind of makes sense in a way... Although how would she get into our dorm? She isn't a boarder...' said Kris

'Perhaps she stayed at someone's dorm during the holidays?'

'I doubt it. Her close friends are Daehyun and Shinyeong and they don't board either' said Baekhyun

You were curious to see what the 3 boys were busy talking about and ambushed them as they sat in the corner of the living room, huddled over Kai's paper documents. 

'What's going on here then, eh?'

Kai threw himself over the papers and Baekhyun his breath in. 

'N-N-Nothing... Nothing here. Nothing at all'

You raised your eyebrows. 

'Perlease. I'm not 4 years old. I can tell when you're lying, Mr Byun Baekhyun'

You looked at Kris who sat looking just as guilty. 

'Kris, ma bro? C'mon! Wanna tell me what's the latest jams'

You tried being funny to get him to talk and you had even spoken in English. Earning no reply from him, you sighed. 

'Fine. Don't tell me then. I'm going to go and find D.O, okay? Even if he's angry with all of you, he better not be angry with me'

You walked over to the cupboard and pulled out your trainers and Chanyeol's jacket. 

'Chanyeollie! Can I wear this?! I'm just popping out to get D.O!'

Chanyeol stuck his head out from behind his bedroom door, grinned and gave you a thumbs up signalling it was okay and you left the dorm. Once you were safely away, Kai got up from being sprawled out all over the papers he had. Aside from trying to figure out who had been the one to enter their dorm, Kai was also working on plans for the future. He knew that at the end of this year, it meant graduating and moving to the university also owned by Mr Park. He wanted whoever had plotted against them to be out of the school pupil system and expelled so they'd never be able to come back. 

 

***

 

'Haneul? Is that you?'

'I finally found you!'

'Why are you here? Are you alone?'

'Yeah, it's just me. Can I sit down?'

D.O pointed to the floor. 

'Sure. Sit there'

You pouted and pretended to hit him. 

'D.O-ssi!'

D.O laughed and patted the space next to him on the bench he was sitting on. You had found him in the gazebo in the school courtyard. 

'I remember I came here with Sehun'

'You did?'

'Yeah... I'm pretty sure it was just after you all pulled that stunt in assembley and called me out in front of everyone'

D.O looked sheepish. 

'Yeah... Sorry about that. But in fairness, it looked like the right thing to do at the time'

You nodded. Should I...

'D.O...'

'Hmm?'

'Promise me you won't get angry?'

'What is it?'

'Do you promise?'

D.O laughed. 

'When have I been angry? I haven't been angry in ages'

You gave him a glare and he realised what you were getting at. He rubbed the back of his neck and turned away. 

'D.O, you best look at me right now!'

Startled by your tone, he turned around to face you again and found your eyes were beginning to well up. 

'H-Haneul...'

'I know she's my friend but you're my friends too and I don't know what to believe anymore!'

Ah... This is what's been bugging her. 

'I know you believe Shinyeonggie but a part of me believes Kai and Baekhyun too and I just don't know what to think. Shinyeong was the first girl to be nice to me and she introduced me to Daehyun and Minwoo and Jenny and yeah, fair enough Daehyun didn't turn out too good but Minwoo and Jenny are so nice and Shinyeong must be nice too because you're going out with her now but sometimes I feel scared that she's being fake and that she's actually trying to hurt us and then that doesn't explain anything and if I think back to when I first met Shinyeong, it was when I was in the supermarket buying supplies for our cleaning and she was there but then it doesn't explain how she didn't know I was living with you all when the entire school knew and I know this sounds bad because she's my good friend but it just doesn't add up to me and I'm so confused, my head is filled with lies and nonsense and I know it must be really hard for you to-'

D.O had had enough of your rambling and put your forehead to his chest. You breathed heavily, not realising how quickly you had spoken without taking any breaks. You felt your heart flutter slightly. Do...Do I like him again? Is it real this time? You looked up to see that D.O was gently shushing you and had his eyes closed. 

'Listen to me Haneul and listen well. From what I've heard, it seems like you believe in the guys more than Shinyeong. It's understandable so don't be scared. I'm not angry at you at all'

You pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes. They were shining. 

'In some ways, I believe them too. They're my brothers. I should believe them... But they don't have enough evidence yet. I like Shinyeong, really I do. Not love... But I do like her and so I could never betray her' even if she betrays me. 'So don't worry about it too much. Keep in with the evidence and it'll become clear to you. Just because we don't always see alike, doesn't mean I'll be angry or upset with you'

'B-But Baekhyun...'

'I'm going to apologise to you all formally at dinner tonight. I've been a horrible person to you, especially Kris and Baekhyun. They'll probably hate me now but-'

'They could never hate you, D.O. Misunderstand you, maybe... But never ever hate you... Shall we go back now?'

D.O nodded and you linked your arms with his. Despite it being a weekend, Shinyeong was nearby and saw the two of you walking through the courtyard, hand in hand. She gasped in shock at first but then her eyes darkened. 

Shin Haneul- You really are something. I felt a little sorry that Jun Sook was targetting you at first but now, I don't care. How dare you make a move on D.O? I may not like him sincerely but making a move on someone elses boyfriend is against the rules. 

 

woahhh, I've been busy the past few days. I had prom ^^ and now that exams are over, I'm free to do whatever I like :D I'm writing this on my phone on the bus hahaha so sorry if the layout is a bit funny but I needed to write a quick update for you all <3