Minwoo's Bravery

That Girl, That Boy

*meanwhile*

'Say AAAAAH!'

You hit Shinyeong on the head with your chopsticks. 

'Shinyeonggie! You may be my unnie but that doesn't mean you have to baby feed me'

Shinyeong laughed and took another piece of dukbokki in her chopsticks. 

'Open wide for the aeroplane! Say aaaaah! Zoom zoom zoom! There's a good girl!'

You giggled. Ah, I've missed being with Shinyeong. Your foot hit against a shopping bag under the table and you brought it up to look at it. 

'Unnie, thank you so much for this. You really didn't have to'

It was a new sky blue t-shirt that Shinyeong had bought for you. You had seen it and fallen in love but left without buying it as you didn't have enough money. Shinyeong took the liberty of running back to buy it for you when you went to order the food. 

'Nonsense. I bet half of your clothes don't fit you anymore, you've become so skinny over these past few days... It's worrying'

You smiled and stuffed another slice of the kimchi pancake in your mouth, shaking your head. 

'No, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, unnie' I don't want to tell her that they're all suspicious of her... And about what happened with D.O...

'Well I hope my boyfriend is feeding you all well' 

You weren't sure if you had imagined her emphasizing the word 'my'. You laughed it off. 

'D.O's a brilliant cook, as always. Don't worry, we're all doing just fine'. 

Shinyeong gave you a disbelieving look but it looked like she was just being caring and worried about you. Her phone rang and it wasn't her usual ringtone. It was usually a light twinkling melody but this one was an alarm. It was your turn to give her a weird look. 

'Hello?... Yeah, I'm erm, I'm out'

You couldn't make out what the person on the other end was saying so you busied yourself with eating as much dukbokki as possible. What Shinyeong said about you being skinnier was true. When D.O had refused to cook, you had been living off Kris's awful ramen and it wasn't until Lay finally stepped in after 2 days that you ate a proper meal again. When Sehun started to look thin and grey and Su Ho's clothes began to hang off him, practically drowning him, D.O resumed his cooking job as he didn't want anyone to get ill because of his stubborness. You liked that about D.O- he was very kind-hearted even when he was angry. 

'What?! Aish, what is this?! Right, I'm coming over right now. Don't you dare move! Not until I get there, araso?!'

 

***

 

Minwoo had turned up at Daehyun's house an hour after leaving EXO's dorm with the intention of finding out whether Daehyun had actually been the one to trash their dorm. He was fuming and full of questions and when the door was opened by none other than Jun Sook.

'Minwoo! Come on in buddy! You staying the night?'

Minwoo nodded bitterly. Aish, I'm starting to hate hyung.

They made their way up the stairs to the dining room where Daehyun had prepared dinner for 3. 

'Where were you?' he asked

'I was... I was with Kai'

He didn't want to mention he had been in their dorm. He knew the level of hatred Jun Sook had for them.

'Kai?!' Jun Sook spat out his rice. 'What were you doing with him?!' 

'They're nice... Actually... I have something to say to you, hyung' 

Jun Sook raised his eyebrows at his dongseng. This kid has something to say to me?

'What is it?'

'I-I-I erm...'

'Spit it out. Come on!'

Minwoo took a deep breath and shut his eyes. He knew he was crossing trecherous waters by saying this. 

'I want you to stop targetting EXO and leave Haneul alone'

'You what?!'

Daehyun coughed and ran to the kitchen. I do not want to be in there. He quickly called Shinyeong knowing that only. She's the only one who would be able to calm Jun Sook-hyung down. Just as he put down his phone, Jun Sook stormed in to the kitchen and hurled Daehyun out of room. 

'Get rid of him! I never want to see him again!'

'Hyung? What do you mean? Get rid of him?'

'Exactly that! Get rid of that kid! Aish... It's pissing me off just knowing he thinks he can talk to me and tell me what to do!'

 

 

***

 

When Shinyeong arrived, Minwoo was sitting by the kerb outside with a bloody lip and a bruised black eye. His shirt was torn slightly and he had cut his knees as he ran out of the house, tripping on the final step in his haste and grazing his knees against the hard concrete. Shinyeong sighed. 

'Yah, what on earth happened to you?'

Minwoo's face lit up when he saw Shinyeong. Perhaps she'll care for me.

'I...I asked hyung to stop being so horrid to Haneul and the 12 boys...' 

He did what?! You must be joking! For Haneul?! 

'You did that for Haneul?! I'm surprised oppa didn't kill you!'

Minwoo bit his lip as she called Jun Sook, 'oppa'. 

'It wasn't Jun Sook... It was Daehyun...'

'Come on, get up. Let's get you home'

Minwoo didn't know how to tell her that he couldn't.

The next words that came out of Shinyeong's mouth symbolised an end to Minwoo's one sided and unrequited love for her. They remained in his mind for the rest of the night, echoing and plaguing his thoughts. 

'You shouldn't have gone against us. Honestly, what were you thinking? It serves you right, Lee Minwoo.'

 

Shinyeong flounced inside without looking back to even check that Minwoo was alright. Once she was safely up inside the house, Minwoo groaned in pain and clutched at his leg. He had tried his best to keep himself from crying in front of the girl he had liked for so long. Blood seeped through his jeans and tears found their way of coming out. Sobbing in the most unmanly manner ever, he hit the speed dial #1 on his phone. 

'Yoboseyo? Minwoo-ah? What's up?'

'Jenny... C-Can you come and get me? I'm by Daehyun's a-and I can't move'

Jun Sook had ordered Daehyun to make sure Minwoo would never be able to interfere. As a result, Minwoo's foot was broken, the ligament in his ankle was torn and Shinyeong hadn't even cared for less than a second. 

 

 

 


Double update! This is to make up for my absence until Friday.

I'm so sorry I have to leave you all, especially now... A huge huge huge thank you to everyone that subscribes and reads this whilst I am away. As soon as I get back, I will read all the comments, answer the questions and reply to messages and wall posts that you guys send me ^^ I'm not leaving you! I promise! As soon as I get back from my forest life on Friday, I will be on this laptop like a bullet out of a gun and writing up more updates and just argh! I want to spend my life writing this. Again, I'm so sorry I have to leave you all...T_T

 tumblr_m4oza7Iluc1qaql3oo3_250.gif image tumblr_m4oza7Iluc1qaql3oo3_250.gif

Is this moving too quickly?... I hope it isn't... I'm really sorry if it seems a little rushed... I did have to rush this a bit. I wanted to give you all a treat before I leave you for so long so I couldn't put in as much thought to my descriptions and whatnot but I'll include all the deets in the next update ;) Minwoo is a good guy! OH and do you notice that Jenny is actually his #1 on speed dial? ;) I ship this made up couple... 

I read every single one of your comments and omgsh, I cannot reiterate it enough: you are all so lovely. Why do I not know people as nice as you all in real life?! Just, wow. K-pop fans are truly the loveliest people! <3333

 

 

Random side note: I love this gif so much and I don't even know why. God bless the Exotic fandom. Have mercy on us and give us back our sanity. Please huuu huuu

 

tumblr_m4j6sx4Cuq1r8eimt.gif

if you made any of these gifs, tell me and I'll credit you ^^