Locked In

That Girl, That Boy

It turned out that Daehyun was in your class. You'd never really noticed him before because you were always with Kai and Baekhyun but you started spending more and more time with him. 

'So we need partners for this project...'

'Yeah, and?'

'Well I think you and I would make great partners, Haneul'

'Really?... Okay then, sure. I'll partner up with you for this'

Kai and Baekhyun were eavesdropping. Kai wasn't happy with your new friend.

'I thought we're her friends. We said we'd always be there for her'

'Well I have other friends apart from you guys as well'

'But you're Baekhyun, the smiley happy guy who gets on with everyone'

'Haneul could well be the girl version of me. We don't know what she used to be like in England, remember?... Come on, let's make a start on this then we can go back to the dorm. I'm starving'

'Yeah, I hope D.O's gonna cook something good. I want to eat before that meeting tonight'

'What's it on now?'

'Haneul! Didn't see you there!'

You giggled. Daehyun was standing next to you. Baekhyun stood up from his desk and greeted him politely whilst Kai simply stared at the two of you.

Damn, they already look so close. It's only been a few days since they met.

'Hello? Kai? What's this meeting about?'

'Oh... It's about that sports festival'

'Sports festival?' asked Daehyun, joining in on the conversation.

Kai eyed him and Baekhyun began to grow worried. 

Kai, don't do anything stupid. He's just Haneul's friend.

'Yeah, it's going to be next week. It'll be a pretty big event'

'Ah I see... Well I guess we'll be spending more time together then, Haneul'

'Oh really? What for?'

'Well if we have these sports practices coming up, I'm sure you don't want to fall behind with this project'

'That's true... We'll figure out when we can make up for time, okay?'

'Sounds good... Okay, I'm off now. Nice to meet you Baekhyun'

'See ya!'

Baekhyun waved eagerly. Kai simply looked up from the desk but didn't say anything. You shot a look at Kai but turned to smile at Daehyun as he picked up his bag and quickly left the classroom. 

 

***

 

It was a typical day after school. Lay had gone off on a mysterious walk. Baekhyun would be hanging out with friends or be in the dorm. Chanyeol was generally watching the television. Su Ho would be in the library or in the dorm working on homework. Xiu Min would be doing just about anything. D.O would either be in the kitchen preparing dinner or relaxing in the dorm. Sehun and Tao would be fulfilling any kind of maknae responsibilty and if they didn't have anything, they'd be playing games. Kai, as usual, would be doing something that involved meetings, school teachers, students or all three of those. Luhan liked going for walks after school but he also liked to stay in the dorm. What he did matched his 4D personality, it changed everyday. Kris generally did nothing. In fact, most of the guys would just be in the dorm chilling and relaxing until the days end. It was only on the weekends that they'd go out anywhere. Chen was the only exception though and would usually be with a girl after school, taking them out somewhere and you? Well you'd be doing anything. Recently it involved hanging out with Shinyeong and her friends or tagging along with the other boys and doing whatever they did. Today you were in the pool training for the sports festival with Jenny and Shinyeong. 

'I really want to lose weight. I'm so chubby! You two are so skinny, it's unfair' said Jenny

'I may be skinny but I can't swim at all. Look at Haneul, she's like... Micheal Phelps!'

You threw water in their direction.

'Yah! I'm not as good as Micheal Phelps, don't lie!'

'Okay fine... Not as good as Micheal Phelps but you're definitely better than me!'

You shrugged and hauled yourself out of the pool and walked over to the blocks at the end of the lane. You stepped up onto them, bent over, dived in and started swimming frontcrawl as fast as you could. When you reached the end, you flipped over and began making your way back. As soon as you hit the pad at the starting end of the pool, you looked up at couldn't help but squeal with glee as you saw your time come up on the results board.

Lane 1: 30.27seconds

That's nearly as good as I used to be in London. I reckon I'll win gold at the festival with this time!
 

You heard Shinyeong shout from the other side of the pool.

'Hey Haneul! That was amazing! We're going now, wanna come?'

'Ummm... Nah, I'll stay in for a bit longer. See you unnie!'

 

You didn't really want to be left alone but you still wanted to train a little bit more. You saw Shinyeong and Jenny leave the pool and 15 minutes later, leave the building. They waved through the window at you and you smiled and waved back. A little while later, you were tired of swimming and focused on just enjoying yourself. You were floating aimlessly up and down the pool, eyes closed and relaxing. You suddenly felt the building go dark and opened your eyes. It was dark. The lights had been turned off.

'H-Hey! I-I'm still in here! Turn the lights back on!'

No one replied.

Oh me already 

You saw a couple of guys holding their football kits leaving the building. They were being ushered out of the building by the caretaker. You quickly got out and made your way to the changing room which thankfully still had the lights on. You quickly got changed and went to leave the building only to find it locked. You hit the door again and again.

Please don't say I'm locked in. Please!

You glanced at your phone. 

Battery dead. As usual. Just my luck.

You heard footsteps behind you. It was pitch black and you couldn't see who was approaching. The soft padding of trainers grew louder.

Oh My God. It's a murderer and he's here to kill me. Oh God. I didn't even say goodbye to them.

You crouched down and began whimpering- tears flowing down your face

'I-If you're here to scare me... I-I'm not scared. And if that's you Eun Mi or Yun Hee or Nana or whoever you are, it's not funny. A-And I don't care who you are, I'll make you pay for this...' you whispered.

You felt a hand reach for your shoulder. You squeezed your eyes shut. The person laughed softly and you weakened even more. The laugh was low in pitch so you knew it was a guy. He cupped your wet cheeks and wiped away the stream of tears that had managed to leak their way through your tightly shut eyelids. You felt him put his bag down next to you with a thump and when he noticed you still shaking with fear, he wrapped on arm around you and held your hand with the other. 

'Shhh... Calm down, we won't be able to get out of here till morning so just try and stop crying, okay?'

Your breathing slowed down slightly, you were no longer hyperventilating. From a young age you'd never really liked the dark or the feeling of being abandoned and when you lost your entire family, the fear of abandonement grew. You gripped the unknown guy's hand harder, remembering you had lost your entire family. Feeling you tense up again, he pulled you closer so you were no longer crouching but fell on your knees and were almost lying on him. Your face was leaning on his chest and you could feel his strong heart beat from under his shirt.

Du doom. Du doom. Du doom. 

'I-I don't know who you are b-but thanks. I can't tell who this is'

The boy could only smile as he saw your head buried in his shirt and your tears dripping onto the fabric. He could tell he was being a big help by being there for you. 

Silly Haneul. You'll know who I am when you see me in the morning. 

 

 

 


WHO IS IT? hahaha, who do you want it to be?...

 

tumblr_m4w953lCt21qb6a7ro1_500.gif

Grandpa Su Ho forgot that EXO is one... HAHAHAHA

p.s Hope this isn't moving too fast for ya'll x

credit <3