What's that screaming?

That Girl, That Boy

'So what's a prom like?'

'You've never seen a prom before?!'

The boys around you shook their heads. You tried thinking of a way to explain it but ended up showing them clips of American movies on Youtube. 

'Ah, so its like the boys bring a girl to prom and then they dance?' asked Chanyeol

'Basically. But you don't need a date for prom, its just people find them anyway'

'So have you been to a prom?' 

'Erm, I've...ahem, I've been to a few'

'So you've had that many boyfriends? I knew you were a seducer' said D.O jokingly. 

You were now comfortable with the 9 of them and you glared at him. 

'Actually if you must know, I was helping serve food at 2 of them and I gatecrashed a couple'

Kai choked. 

'You did what?!'

'I erm... I guess I gatecrashed'

'Wow~ Daeeeebak!' said Kris

 

Lay got up to go to the kitchen. Chen and D.O yelled after him.

'Yah! Stop snacking! We're having dinner as soon as the others get back!'

'Hyuuuung, just cause you don't get fat doesn't mean you can clear out our entire snack jar!'

Lay sighed but carried on pouring crisps into a big bowl. He came back and placed it in the middle of the circle. 

'I reckon we'll be up late tonight so might as well have some food to fuel us'

'Yeah speaking of a late dinner, where the heck are those 3? Su Ho and Se Hun left hours ago to go shopping'

'Wait... where's Xiu Min?' 

'He left whilst you were out with Haneul, Lu Han'

'Ohh... any idea where he went? I could go and find him?'

'Nah, he said he'd be back late anyway so we don't need to wait for him'

 

The doorbell rang again. 

'I swear to god, if that is Park sunsengnim again giving us even more to handle, I'll go crazy. I really will' said Chanyeol

'Tao, be a darling and get it?' said Kris

Tao got up of course and went to open it. He was surprised when he found a prefect outside the door. She looked in and spotted you. Kris moved to hide you behind his insanely tall build. He knew what would happen if she went and blabbed to everyone so he kept you hidden. You realised what he was doing and crouched down behind him. 

'Kai-oppa? Lee sunsengnim wants to see you'

'Oh really? What's it about?'

'You just have to come'

'Ahhh, araso. Just wait out there, I'll be out in a sec'

The prefect seemed pissed off that they hadn't invited her in but as Mr Park had said- no other girl had ever been in their dorm. Tao shut the door in her face. The boys cheered and began talking again.

'I love how all the girls call Kai, Kai-oppa'

'They really do try and make it obvious that they like him'

'He doesn't even talk to many girls anyway

 

You tried to get up again but Kris held your head down. 

'Not until Kai's left the room, okay?'

Kai rushed out of his room. He had changed out of his baggy sweatpants into fitted jeans and he had thrown an ordinary sweater over his t-shirt. He called over to you all as he put on his shoes.

'I'll try and be quick but if Se Hun and Su Ho arrive before me, just eat without me!' and he opened the door and left. 

Kris took his hand off your head. You spoke in English.

'You know that really hurt!'

'Sorry... but what those girls will do to you will hurt more than me hiding you. Right?'

'That's true'

 

As you all carried on discussing plans for the prom, time flew past. The stew D.O had been making was now completely ready and we were just waiting for everyone to arrive home. You were starting to doze off slightly when you heard screams from outside. 

What's that?

None of the boys around seemed remotely interested in the fact that there was screaming outside. You looked to Lay. You felt bad that he was still embarassed so you wanted to make good conversation with him. 

Chinese is the way forward.

'Yi Xing, don't you guys care about whats going on outside?'

He understood you but didn't speak. Instead, Lu Han did.

'You know, he's not the only one who can speak Chinese. Quite a lot of us can actually'

'Really? Who?'

'Well I can' said Tao

'And you know I can' said Kris

'I'm not very good but I can get the gist of it. I'm learning with Xiu Min' said Chen

'Wow, so 6 of you can understand Chinese?!'

'Yeah'

'Thats insane! But yeah, erm why don't you care about the screaming?'

'Listen to the pitch of them. What do you hear?' said Lay

Now's my chance to make conversation with Lay!

'High pitched ones?'

'Exactly'

'I don't get it?'

'It's girls screaming'  

'So?...'

'It means Kai's back and he's got someone with him... and I have a feeling I know who it is'

 

 

 


ooooooooooooh, who is it? I bet you can all guess anyway. It's not gonna be much of a surprise ;)