Safe

That Girl, That Boy

The old lady stepped out from behind the young man who was staring down at you and smiled. 

'Oh Hana! Is this one of your heroes?'

You nodded very slowly, your mouth slighty gaping open from shock and your eyelids blinking profusively. You couldn't see the lady. Your attention was entirely on the brown haired boy who could light up any atmosphere.

'B-B-Baek...hyun...'

Baekhyun knelt down and you attacked him with an enveloping hug. 

'H-How did you know...?'

'I've been friends with Ah Ri and Mariko for quite some time now. They called me, said they were worried. At first I said that it should be Kris to come since he knows how to speak English but he said it would be wrong as he hasn't spoken to your friends as much.'

You laughed at the thought of Maddie speaking Korean to Baekhyun. It seemed like an utterly hilarious idea. Maddie speaking Korean? Lord help me, I'm dying here.

'Is everyone else here?' you asked

Baekhyun shook his head.

'It's just me. We... erm, we didn't have enough money to bring us all here...'

'I'm so sorry you had to spend your money to come out here and find me...'

'It's okay, Jiyoung-noona helped us pay for a bit of it... But... I'm not allowed to go back to Korea empty handed. You have to come with me'

'Why aren't you allowed?'

'Your cousin said he'll shoot us if you don't return to Korea...'

'Ah... Aish, Hyun Ki...' 

You thought it through. Hyun Ki really wants me to be back in Korea, doesn't he?... He wasn't kidding. Baekhyun helped you up before bending back down again and bowing to your parents grave. You stood by watching him with awe- the perfect gentleman with exquisite manners as he then knelt down on both knees and prayed. 

'Mr Shin, Mrs Shin, Joon-hyung... I'm sorry I can only meet you now but I wanted you to hear me promise Haneul this...'

You stared at him wide eyed.

'I promise, on behalf of the 12 of us, that we'll look after Haneul and we'll protect her the best we can and we'll love and care for her as family... With us, Haneul will never feel alone. We need her by our side and I can only hope that with your witnessing... Haneul will agree to come back to Korea... Ani. I hope that Haneul will agree to come home.'

 

***

 

You made your way up the stairs of the new dorm house. The boys had all moved into the university accomodation. Baekhyun held onto your suitcase, scared that if you lifted anything heavy, your arms would break or snap off. He didn't want to mention that you looked unhealthy in such a thin and frail state. He knew the others wouldn't mention it either but he had secretly messaged D.O when you landed back in Korea to begin making one of his most famous soups- the one for restoring back health and energy.

As Baekhyun keyed in the door passcode, you were met with the smell of D.O's cooking and the eyes of 10 good looking boys. No one moved apart from Baekhyun. It was just silence.

'...I...erm, I...'

Nothing. No reactions. Just stares and silence.

'I'm so sorry I left you all...'

Tao came out of his bedroom after Baekhyun had knocked on the door and seeing you, he rushed over.

'Haneul! Oh my God... Y-You're back!'

He picked you up and spun you around until he felt your small frame. He didn't say anything but the way your shirt clung to you gave away the state you were in to the rest of the boys. They watched as you ran your fingers through your hair and a few loose strands fell out with them. D.O couldn't bear to watch you any longer and got up, walking straight to the kitchen and bringing you out a bowl of soup. He sat you down and was the first to speak out of the 10 mutes.

'Eat. Now.'

Xiu Min brought out a small meat bun for you and placed it on a plate to give to you. You took a small bite out of it, simply because they were all watching you. Your appetite was long gone- your body just skin and bone- but taking that first bite, you were hit with the taste you had longed for for so long. Tears began to roll down your face as you sat in front of them, hurriedly wolfing down first the bun and then gulping down the soup. Lay walked towards you and crouched down so his face was level with yours. He took your face in his hands and brushed away your hasty tears with his thumbs. 

'Shhh, don't cry. Didn't I say we'd always be here for you?'

You nodded and swallowed the last piece of chicken that had been in the soup. Realising how much of an idiot you had been, you burst into tears again. This time, they were thick, ugly tears- the ones that seem like howling and this time, everyone stood up and quickly made their way to the table. Kris got there fastest and pulled you sharply for a hug. Never leave like that again Haneul, you pabo.You rested your head against his chest and Chanyeol patted your hair gently from behind him, making sure not to let any more of it fall out. Kai tucked your hair behind your ear and they all surrounded you. 

'I-I'm so sorry... I-I didn't mean it... I'm sorry. I'm so sorr-'

Su Ho silenced you. 

'Shhhh, Haneul. We forgive you. It's history. It doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is that you're with people who love you and will never let you down. You're home now. You're safe.'

You're safe. That night, those words, were what echoed through your mind as you lay on the sofa surrounded by the 12 boys in the living room. You took in each of their facial features, their perfect imperfections and their unweildy characteristics. You watched as the yelps from Baekhyun earned him a harsh kick from Chanyeol and a light slap in the face from Luhan. You smiled slightly before snuggling back down under the covers and closing your eyes. 

 

I've lost so much but now I know I have a home. I have Maddie and Ah Ri and I have Hyun Ki. I have the memories of my parents and brother and my aunties and uncles and cousins who all had to die. I have possessions and my beating heart but most importantly, I have these 12 guys who let me into their lives and have promised to love me forever and that's all that matters

 

 


Guys...

Guys...

GUYS...

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

It's over. OMFG, it's over. WTF. I can't omg. How can I have actually finished this?... It feels so weird saying that this is complete... BECAUSE IT ISN'T BWAHAHAHA///// There's a sequel. Only... It'll start up in September most likely. Why, you ask? Because from next Saturday, I will be on holiday until September 1st. Yes, that's a long hiatus, I know. But seriously, I'm going abroad for all of it and I won't have internet so I won't be able to write anything. 

However, because it is SUMMER and lots of people have finished exams and things, I wanted to give back a small present. My present will be a series of oneshots, all related to this story. I feel like I didn't talk more about each of the boys 'situations' in enough detail and so this is what the oneshots will be for- the back story. I may also stick in a few other random character's background stories too ^^ This is partly because I want to keep writing over the next month but because I won't be able to update often and it'll be at funny times, I figured oneshots would be better than starting the sequel... So please, if you like, subscribe when I release it :) 

On another note: well done to everyone who guessed it would be to do with skype/ phone calls and Baekhyun. I especially commend those of you who said it would be Baekhyun because of his friendship with Haneul's friends ^^ You guys have been paying attention in this 105 chapter fic ;) well done. You've all earned my never ending love! (although I love you all already)

Finally, I just really want to say a humongous thank you to you all. I honestly just can't believe the immense amount of support I've gotten from this. It's made me realise how much life is worth living and that there will always be people who appreciate you. Every comment is like a coffee shot, a little pick me up, and I read the comments everywhere. Just today, I was in the park checking my notifications and I couldn't help but smile away like an idiot. Your compliments, the way you vent out your anger by writing comments, the small wall posts you write- just everything- they all make me happy. To everyone reading this, please give yourself a pat on the back because you've contributed to helping a depressed and suicidal girl see the light again and for that I am eternally grateful. I love you all from the bottom of my heart and despite being nothing but faceless, computer usernames, I will never ever forget the love and support you have all given me.

For my final fangirl section of this story, I give you my most favorite performance ever. To this day, I can't believe I saw this live and exactly, this time last month, I was sitting at the edge of my seat, screaming my lungs out for EXO

 

 

EDIT: I have created the oneshot collection so please all check it out here: Histories by haneul-gateun ^^