Home

That Girl, That Boy

It was another hour before anyone tried to come back into the hospital room you were in. You were worn out and had fallen asleep in Lay's arms and Kris had begun to clear up the mess you had made. She sure knows how to take her frustration out on inanimate objects. Everyone was busy preparing for you to be discharged from the hospital. It was around 4PM when you were finally told you could come home and everyone piled themselves into the taxi. You fell asleep again, leaning on D.O's shoulder as he had his arm around you. You had found comfort in having him by your side, knowing that Shinyeong had played with him too.

'She'll be alright, won't she?' asked Tao

'Hopefully...' said Kris 'But I feel like we haven't seen the last of her reactions to everything we told her today'

Lay gingerly touched his soaking wet hoodie. 

'Yeah, it would be a good idea not to let Haneul near any drinks when we tell her things'

Everyone chuckled and Kris remembered the mess you had made and he had been made to clear up.

'Let's just not let her near anything she can throw when we tell her things like that' 

The 12 boys laughed quietly and you began to stir before snuggling back into D.O. 

'Shhh, let's let her sleep until we get home' said Su Ho, hushing the others.

 

***

 

Whilst the boys hadn't been at the hospital checking up on you, they had been busy packing everything to move into a new home for university. Your case had been packed for you by Baekhyun, the laundry monitor who was now pretty accustomed to seeing your underwear in the washing basket so he had no problems with it. As you walked past Minwoo's dorm, still sleepy, Jenny came out of it and caught your eye. 

'Haneul! Omo, you're back! I'm so glad that nothing severe happened'

You remembered what had happened and your face crumpled a little. Jenny bit her lip, realising the news probably hadn't sunk in enough yet.

'Jen-ah... Why did she do that to us? To me and you and Minwoo? Why?...'

Jenny softened and patted your back.

'There are people like that in the world- people who make you want to lose all faith in humanity. But then there are those who care and love you and will never hurt you. We've just got to learn to move on, Haneul...'

'H-Have you moved on? Have you forgotten about what Daehyun did and what Shinyeong did?'

Jenny winced at the mention of their names and gulped.

'I'm moving on slowly. It'll take time but I will move on eventually. I have to go now but promise me...Do whatever you can to recover, okay?'

 

You nodded and carried on making your way up the stairs to your floor where your dorm was. Most of the suitcases that were packed were stacked inside the living room. The bare walls of the dorm made you feel a little sad. The curtains you and Lay had made had been taken down and packed to bring to the next dorm and everyone's individual mugs had been bubblewrapped and placed in a cardboard box, replaced by the typical bog-standard white mugs that everyone had had. The dorm was a representation of the family and without the smallest things in it, it suddenly didn't seem... rightIt doesn't look like home... And I want to be at home. You wandered through the rooms and saw almost everything had been packed away. Seeing your suitcase packed gave you an idea- a crazy idea. 

'Do whatever you can to recover, okay?'

Jenny's words echoed around. You picked up your suitcase and dialled a cab. I'm going to do whatever it takes to forget about this all. I'm going to leave.

'Hello? Can I have a cab asap please? For the airport.'

You heard someone move behind you. Sehun was looking at you with a confused expression. 

'Haneul? Why...Why are you going to the airport? Do you have someone to see? Are you going to pick up someone?'

You smiled at the boy who was still called the maknae, despite being older than you.

'I just need to clear my head a little...'

'H-Haneul? You're not leaving me- I mean, us, are you?'

'I'm going home, Sehun-ah. Don't try and stop me.'

'B-B-But... You are home? So why would we try and stop you?'

D.O came out to see what the fuss was about and Kai and Chen soon followed. You sighed seeing them slowly begin to gather until all 12 were watching you in horror as you held your passport in one hand and your suitcase in the other. Kris looked you up and down. He knew what you meant. No Haneul, we're not losing you. Not now, not ever.

'What do you mean by 'I'm going home'? Isn't this your home!?' said Chanyeol starting to get angry.

Lay placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. It didn't work.

'You're delirious from your head injury! You're not thinking straight! Damn it, that Shinyeong! I'm going to kill her when she gets out of juvenile jail! H-Haneul, this isn't you... You'd never leave us. This is your home- with us, all 12 of us. This is our home! Why would you leave?!'

You shook your head sadly.

'Yeollie... I meant my real home. I'm going back to London. I need to clear my head, think things over. Too much has happened here so don't try and get me back. I don't know if I'll-... No. I'm not coming back to Seoul. I'm sorry but I have to go now. I'm going to be with my family again.'

You shut the door behind you and got in the cab.

'Aren't we your family too?...' said Sehun, still in shock that you had left.

Kai watched on from the dorm window sadly. Why is she so damn unpredictable!? Lay left the dorm, not to come after you but to do what he always used to do- disappear. Kris was too exhausted and exasperated to try and find him so Chen did instead. Chanyeol slammed his bedroom door shut, not even letting Baekhyun in and Su Ho stood by the front door, staring at everyone wondering just how one thing could make them fall back. It's obvious. We all changed slightly when Haneul arrived. It's done. He won. Jun Sook won. This is what he was after all along. He managed to take away the most precious thing to us. EXO was well and truly broken.

 

 

 


DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Okay, you guys should all know that I am a mahoosive er for drama. Is this cliché? If it is, too bad bwahaha. I'm going to have fun with these last few chapters. So... What is EXO supposed to do? What to do? What to do? WHAT TO DO? Hmm, this was quite short again. Next update will be long, promise ^^

Twitter shoutouts to: @aprilfooli and @BbuingTeny

In reply to @najamuzen, I can't choose really. I love them all so much but... Chanyeol gets in there just at the top. 

btw, anyone else here a BABY? Can we all just take a moment to listen to NO MERCY, even if you're not a fan ^^ because it's seriously seriously a great song :)