Festival preparations

That Girl, That Boy

The sports festival was nearing. You spent every free moment training for the swimming event. 

Damn those es. I'm going to show them they can't beat me down.

Of course wherever you went, EXO would join you. Kris had been chosen as the captain for his team and he wanted to live up to the reputation he had. The teams were complicated. They weren't done by form, age or . It was totally random. Even Kai didn't have a say in it as they were drawn out by lottery ticket. Every girl dreamed of being in the team with the 12 handsome guys but of course, almost every girl would be disappointed.  As the teams were picked out, fate brought them out like this:

 

Green: Jung-Hwa (Team Captain), Do Kyungsoo (D.O), Kim Shinyeong, Byun Baekhyun

Blue: Wu Fan (Kris) (Team Captain), Luhan, Kim Jongin (Kai), Chae Eun Mi

Pink: Mi Yun Hee (Team Captain), Oh Sehun, Park Jenny, Kim Jongdae (Chen)

Red: Chung Soojin (Sooji) (Team Captain), Huang Zi Tao, Kim Minseok (Xiu Min)

Yellow: Kim Joon-myun (Su Ho) (Team Captain), Lee Minwoo, Choi Nana

Black: Zhang Yi Xing (Lay) (Team Captain), Shin Haneul, Jung Daehyun, Park Chanyeol

 

Naturally, you were hated on for having Lay and Chanyeol on your team but you didn't mind. Knowing those two were on your team comforted you. You knew they weren't lying when they said they'd make sure nothing ever happened to you. Having Daehyun on your team was an added bonus. Training after school meant you saw him often at the sports building and he was always doing a different sport whenever you spotted him. The thing that stood out was that he was a pro in everything he did. You knew he'd be a good addition to the team.

Your team seemed to consist of tall people. Chanyeol was incredible at running thanks to his long legs and Lay's calm nature made him excellent at archery. Lay also proved to be extremely competetive and hardworking as you found him sweating in the gym numerous times practicing taking shots at the basketball hoops with Sehun, despite being perfect every time and coming back to the dorm exhausted. D.O was swept off his feet making food that would fuel 12 worn out roommates. D.O wasn't much for sports but he proved to be a big help in cheering people on. He didn't mind practicing with everyone but he didn't have much of a competitive nature. He was much too gentle for that.

Luhan and Kris went to football practice almost everyday and Xiu Min would tag along when he didn't have work. Kai was busy preparing things but as the festival drew closer, Aki and Aoi begged him to take time off from his duties and have fun. It was during this time that Kai prepared for the events. Tao didn't prepare for any specific event, he simply concentrated on strengthening and conditioning his body so it would be perfect for the festival. He knew how much the girls liked seeing him in vests so it was a perfect opportunity to live up to the name of EXO.

Chanyeol surprised you the most. You had expected him not to care much as he was so lazy but it seemed that after speaking to you and revealing his history in Japan, his laziness was starting to decrease. You didn't know this but on top of that, he wanted to impress you with his abilities at the festival. He wanted you to be astounded by his collection of gold medals and to be proud of him and perhaps even give him a congradulatory kiss on the cheek like the one you had given Lay.

Chen and Baekhyun spent most of the time checking up on everyone. Baekhyun helped time you a few times and provided support when you felt like quitting. Chen was a great help to Su Ho who stopped spending time at the library and instead took up the role of playing tennis for the team. He wanted to do well and prove he was a great team leader. There was an all round buzz around the school. Girls were excited to see the boys in sports kits and the guys were excited to show off their toned bodies. Before you knew it, it was the night before the games were to start and you were eating dinner with the 12 guys.

 

'So... Sooji is your team captain?' said Chen

'Yeah... She's not exactly a nice person but hey, what can we do? Right, Tao?' said Xiu Min

'Right, hyung'

'Well I've got Lay as my team captain so I know we'll be fine' you said. 

You grinned and winked at Lay who nodded enthusiastically. Chanyeol put his arm around you and smiled. 

'And we've got our Haneul here to blow everyone away with her awesome swimming!'

'I hope so, I've been training hard for this'

'I'm sure you'll be brilliant, Haneul' said Kris

'And so will you! I've been watching you and Luhan practicing football, you two are amazing!'

'Why thank you, Haneul. You have to admit, I've been beating Kris' arse with all my goals... Don't you think I'd make a better captain?' 

'Yah! Luhan, you take that back right now!' said Kris, hitting him on the arm

'Don't injure your team mate on the day before the games, sheesh guys' said Kai

 

You were glad to see everyone with high spirits. Kai had never looked better. He glowed with energy and charisma flowed out of him. You could see why everyone loved him so much. After finishing dinner and washing up, Baekhyun began to iron the captain bands for Kris, Lay and Su Ho. You laughed at Sehun for having to wear a bright pink shirt and he pretended to pout and be angry. 

'Well at least we match now'

'How do we match Sehun? I'm wearing black tomorrow'

'I match the bracelet I gave you!'

'Oh yeah you do, don't you! I never thought of that' 

 

You smiled and began to take the sofa bed out of the couch. Luhan sat on it and you swatted him away. 

'No way, Luhan. You can't fall asleep here again tonight'

'Funny... You didn't seem to mind when I actually did it'

'Th-That was different! I was tired and not thinking straight!'

'Oh really?'

'Yeah! Plus you sang to me and that always makes me fall asleep really quickly!'

You opened your mouth in horror at what you had said. You saw Luhan smirk and you hit him in the face with a pillow. He grabbed hold of it and pulled you towards him.

'No! That's not what I mean! Luhan, oh my god, I need to sleep!'

'Maybe I should sing to you now so you fall asleep... Right here in my arms... Right now'

'Yah! Let go! I need my rest'

Luhan began to hum the lullaby and you tried to struggle out of his grip. 

'La La La! I'm not listening! Ha de hum, pa pa pa. Luhan is a poo!' you sang in your most out of tune voice ever

Luhan chuckled and sang even louder with the lyrics this time. Chanyeol came out of the bathroom after finishing brushing his teeth, saw what was happening and raised an eyebrow. 

'Fa Fa Fa! Luhan is a dum dum dummy brain! He's a poo! Poo face Luhan! Luhan is a pabo!'

'Hyung, I think you should let Haneul sleep now?'

'I want to sleep on the sofa bed!'

'Well does she not want to take your bed?'

'I want to sleep on this bed with her!'

You want to do what?!... Excuse me but you're not dating each other so this is seriously not allowed.

'Hyung! You're too old to do that! Wh-What will people think?!'

This time Kai came out and took hold of your arms and pulled you out of Luhan's arms. Luhan fell about laughing and Chanyeol chased after him around the dorm before finally giving up when he returned to his own bedroom. 

 

'You alright, Haneul?'

'I'm fine, don't worry about me Kai-oppa. I just need to get used to 4 dimensional Luhan, that's all'

'Okay well if he tries and sneaks back in here-'

'I'll kick him off the bed' you said, laughing.

As I thought, Haneul can take care of herself... Should I kiss her goodnight?... Ahem, Kai. Don't get too rash with your actions, she'll think you're an even bigger ert than Luhan-hyung.

'Goodnight, Kai. Get some rest, go to sleep. Araso?'

You pointed your finger at him, pouted and squinted your eyes at him. 

She looks so cute though... Especially whilst doing that face... It's like aegyo that isn't even supposed to be aegyo. How is that even possible?!

'Erm Kai?... Aren't you going to sleep now?'

'O-Oh, right. Yeah. Erm, okay. See you in the morning Haneul! Goodnight!'

'Goodnight oppa!'

 

You heard a shout rise up from Tao's room. 

'What about me?!'

'Goodnight Tao!'

'And me?!'

'Goodnight everyone!'

'And what about m-'

You heard Luhan thow a pillow at the wall and it hit it with a thump. 

'Yah! Shut up you lot! She already said goodnight! Go to sleep!'

You giggled when you heard Chanyeol's low and sleepy voice mutter to Baekhyun with a slight hint of bitterness.

'Says the one who was harassing her just a moment ago'

'Chanyeol, I heard that!'

Kris came out of his room and banged on their doors. 

'You two had best be quiet! Go to sleep! Araso? Or feeeeeel my wrath!'

 

As you settled in under the covers, it wasn't long before you were asleep and Kris came over to the sofa bed to check you were okay. Seeing you were fine, he gently placed another kiss on your forehead just as he had done in Japan. 

Goodnight, Haneul. Dream of me.