Prom night!

That Girl, That Boy

The next few days were a blur. Everyone wanted to know who the guys were going to take to Prom and everyone hoped it wouldn't be you. You had gone out with Lay on the Thursday night to find shirts for everyone and you had ended up buying yourself a dress and some new shoes too. They hadn't seen what you and Lay bought so it was an element of surprise on Friday night when they saw what you and Lay had prepared for them to wear. Everything was set up. Most of the students from the partner schools would be arriving at 7 and music and entertainment for the night had been sorted out. It was finally Friday night. Xiu Min and Chanyeol had been given the night off work so they didn't need to do their shift at the restaurant. At 5.30 after everything had been thoroughly checked, the 13 of you returned to the dorm to get ready. Lay pulled out the 11 shirts which were for everyone besides him. As he had been made to go with you he had decided that he'd keep the nicest for himself. None of the shirts were overly outrageous- the most outragous was a baby pink color you had picked out. You hoped Tao would wear it and sure enough, he picked that one for himself.

Getting ready was a pain. You quickly had a shower before plaiting your hair and blasting it with the blowdryer. You quickly put on your dress and shoes. It was time to apply some make up. You used a small amount of bb cream, your skin was already fine but you felt a tad bit of coverage would make you feel more confident. You quickly swept the peachy pink blush over the apples of your cheek and applies a touch of highlight to your nose bridge and above your eyebrows and cupids bow. You added a touch of tint to the middle of your bottom lips, letting the colour seep into the creases and applied a quick slick of lipbalm to keep them moisturised. After undoing your plaits, your hair fell down as waves framing your face perfectly. You applied your eyeliner, winging it out slightly at the ends and applied a touch of white shimmer to the inner corners of your eye. After curling your lashes and applying clear mascara, you were ready. You looked at yourself in the mirror admiring your outfit. The green dress went well with your dark hair and fair skin tone and as the skirt went out slightly, it highlighted your long slim legs. Your new black shoes were sturdy enough to run in and they added more length to your legs. You looked and felt like a supermodel. 

'Haneul-ah! You ready? I need to check my hair before we go!'

'Yeah, I'm coming Baekhyun'

You opened the door. 

'Go on in. Where's everyone else?'

Baekhyun stood there in shock. You were beautiful. You noticed and smiled waving your hand in front of his face.

'Baekhyunnieeeeeee, where is everyone?'

'Oh... oh, erm, erm, living room! They're in the living room!'

He quickly went in and shut the door behind him. You walked out to the living room and found Kai and Chanyeol sitting there. 

'Where's everyone else?'

'Checking their hair'

'You two look handsome'

'Thank you, you look pretty too'

You blushed and couldn't stop a smile forming. Once everyone had finished getting ready and had gathered in the living room, you realised their eyes were on you. 

'Who knew Haneul-ssi could be so pretty, eh?' said D.O with a grin. He was wearing the dark grey shirt Lay had picked. 

'Haneul did a good job picking our shirts but wow, you did a good job picking a dress for yourself too'

'Did our diva Lay help you?'

'I didn't even know she bought a dress'

'Well you look stunning. Everyone will want to dance with you. And of course everyone will want to dance with us too'

You smirked.

'Duties first guys. Then have fun'

'Aye aye, maam!'

 

***

 

7pm. Doors opened. Teenagers everywhere. Some guys from the partner schools had tried chatting you up at the door in hope you'd let them pass without a ticket but you weren't having any of it. The girls in your year were all dressed up nicely, still hoping to bag a dance with one of the boys. None of them had accepted any prom confessions or date requests stating they would be working that night. You heard parts of people's conversations.

That Haneul Shin girl looks stunning

I'd take her out

Yeah she's pretty

Foreigner actually looks nice, you know

Don't say that!

But it's true!

She's scrubs up nicely

 

The prom was now in full swing which meant your duties were over. You walked over to the dance floor and got a drink. Someone made a grab for your hand and hurled you onto the dance floor. It was someone you didn't recognise. He began to put his arms around your neck and you cringed at his touch. Someone else came and pulled you away. It was Chanyeol. 

'Well you looked uncomfortable'

'Haha, thanks'

Someone else caught hold of your wrist and pulled you out of Chanyeol's sight. 

'Chanyeol!'

'Is that your boyfriend?'

'What? No'

'So I can have you tonight'

'Mate, she's not yours. Come on Haneul, lets go'

You looked up and saw the familiar figure of Kai standing next to you.

'Oppa!'

You got pulled another way in the opposite direction.

'He's your oppa?'

'Who are you?'

'Your prince'

'Eurgh please. Get a life, moron'

Su Ho fished you out and once again you got seperated from him. You realised you were going to be thrown around like a rag doll if you stayed on the dancefloor any longer so you went out to the courtyard and sat on the bench in the gazebo, just as you had done with Sehun on Monday night. A tall dark figure began making your way towards you. You saw Kris watching him from the doors that led to the courtyard so you knew you would be fine if anything was to happen. As the figure got closer and closer to you, you realised they looked familiar. They had the same eyes as you and thick black hair just like yours. It was your cousin. He wasn't a close cousin though, they had all passed away. He was part of the traitor group. Your eyes widened in fear as you stood up to face him. You never dreamed you'd see him again. Kris was still watching and could hear your conversation clearly. 

'Sachon...oppa? (cousin)'

'You're supposed to be dead.'

 

 

 


TRIPLE UPDATE FOR TODAY: I have an important exam at the end of this week so I probably won't be able to update but I'll try and write a little bit. I've left you on a nice little cliff hanger teehee ^^