New Start

That Girl, That Boy

'Hana, I have your plane ticket and your passport here. I've checked in your luggage so I guess its time to say goodbye now'

You looked at your social worker who was looking back at you anxiously. You took your belongings from her.

'Geez, why is Susan even here? Pabo,' you muttered under your breath just so that Ah Ri and Maddie could hear. They giggled and Susan gave the 3 girls a curious glance. 

'...Hana, I erm, I have to go and sort out Josh now. You know Josh? The other kid?' 

Oh yeah, the other problem kid. We're all problem kids to Susan. Me, Josh, Alice... all of us. 

You smiled at Susan and thanked her with gratitude before giving her a hug. She was surprised by this action as it was the first time you had shown any emotion towards her. She pressed some money into you hand and added 'just for the journey' before turning around to walk back to her car. 

 

 

Once your social worker was completely out of view you looked to see how much money you had been given. It was around 9000won which would probably allow you to buy a few snacks and a drink. You turned to face your two best friends who had come to see you off.

'Haneul, you're too mean to her!' cried Ah Ri. Maddie agreed with her but later added, 'to be fair, she didn't even know your real name. She called you Hana'.

You sighed. Not many people knew your real name as it was such an odd name to have as a Londoner. Of course, Ah Ri was Korean too and Maddie was Japanese but chose to use a different name like you did so they could relate to you. Honestly, these girls had been with you through thick and thin. When Maddie's grandma suddenly passed away, you and Ah Ri had been invited to the strictly family only funeral. When Ah Ri's brother became an SM trainee, he allowed her to tell you and Maddie. When Maddie went through an eating disorder, she later confessed that it was the two of you who helped pull her through and when the accident came last month, they were the first to know about you moving to Korea. 

Maddie began to cry. 'Haneul Shin, promise you won't forget me!' 

'Are you an idiot? How can I forget you Mariko Kasuwaka?'

'Then what about me? Haneul, don't forget me either!' Ah Ri piped in

'Aish, not you too Ah Ri. Song Ah Ri, how could I ever forget you?' 

Tears began to roll down your face. Such a unfortunate turn of events had led to you leaving London for Seoul with the aim of never coming back. You couldn't believe it. You'd lived here practically all your life and now you had to leave. Wiping your eyes on your knitted Topshop jumper, you smiled and asked for a final selca together. The three of you posed and hugged and said your goodbyes and you made your way towards security. The girls didn't stop waving and crying once. 

Well Haneul, this is it. Time to meet your new life