“Be careful.”

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 99



5 years, after 5 years of a growing relationship, that relationship came to an end. It was a mutual decision. It wasn’t that they didn’t love each other, it's just that something had to give or their relationship would become strained.

They still had BigBang to think about.

“Jiyong, I don’t think that goes there.”

“I think it’ll be fine.”

They had thought nothing could break them apart, nothing in the universe could get in the way of their passionate love between them. Youngbae had been shell shocked when they broke the news while Seungri just stared on in disbelief. Daesung had been the first to break the silence with a quiet ‘why?’ They didn’t answer though. It was their decision.

“Seriously Jiyong, I think it’s going to fall.”

“I don’t think it will.”

Though they weren’t together, hardly anything changed. They were still together most of the time and they still bickered like an old married couple. The only thing that had seriously changed between them were the nightly visits and the secret dates.

“Move it from there. You’re going to get hurt.”

“No, it looks good there.”

Thinking back on days where they still acted as though they were a couple, they both regretted their decision. They wondered often how things would have been if they had just stayed together. The feelings never changed so why weren’t they?

Many times they planned to bring it up to the other but out of fear of rejection, they didn’t. They were to scared. They could handle many things but a shift in their relationship wasn’t something either of them wanted.

The members had taken bets on how long it would take them to get back together but they were constantly proven wrong as days turned into weeks. Weeks slowly turned into months, and months dragged on into years.

After a five year relationship, they had been seperated for 2 years.

“Jiyong, be careful!”

“!”

The sculpture crashed to the floor in a loud bang as Seunghyun pulled Jiyong away. Had Seunghyun not been paying attention then Jiyong would have been hurt under the now destroyed pieces of the art.

Jiyong looked from the chest his face was burried in to meet the gaze of the worried man. It was always easy to read his expression through his eyes. It was a trait that Jiyong had picked up after spending so much time with the man. It was a trait they shared between the two.

“Are you okay?”

Jiyong nodded but stayed in place. He wouldn’t move from the arms around him and the arms around him wouldn’t drop. Jiyong could feel his heatbeat rise as the hand on his shoulder squeezed in attempt to comfort him.

“Hyung, I think we made a mistake.”

Seunghyun scoffed. It wasn’t his mistake that was made. “You were the one who wanted to put it there after I said no.”

Jiyong shook his head. That wasn’t the mistake he was referring to but he knew Seunghyun wouldn’t know at first. He wasn’t going to say anything, he was hoping the feelings would water down. They weren’t, and he missed being with the man. He missed the late night phone calls, the sneaking out past midnight, the intimacy they shared.

The biggest mistake they made was deciding to end things.

“I meant about us. I think we made a mistake.”

Realization passed through his eyes and Seunghyuns arms slowly dropped. The thoughts Jiyong had were thoughts shared between the two. Seunghyun missed being able to hold Jiyong as much as the other missed being held.

“I think so too.”

Their hearts soared at the connection between the two. When they had first started they started with the impression that they were made for one another. They fit together well, as though they were shaped from the same ball of clay.

“Should we try again?”

Seunghyun brushed purple locks from the younger man's face and his smile was small, caring, affectionate, loving. Jiyong's eyes were full of hope, longing, love. They should have been together all this time.

Today should have been their 7 year anniversary.

“I think we should.”

“I win!”

Both men jumped and turned to find three familiar faces peering at them around the corner. Seungri was practically jumping from his shoes and Youngbae was rubbing his face as though he had just lost the world.

The ring on his finger shined as it moved.

He had been married for almost a year now.

“You guys kept the bet going?”

Seungri nodded and his dance was annoying as he rubbed it in the other two's faces. He stopped once Daesung hit him on the back of the head in annoyance. His annoyance was short lived as he laughed at the youngers reaction.

“Ji, you can’t wait another week before getting back together? I’m hate losing to him.” Youngbae pointed to Seungri who simply flipped him off. Seunghyun laughed, hanging an arm around Jiyong’s shoulder and pulling him close. It meant Seunghyun wasn’t waiting anymore.

“What about me, Seunghyun-hyung? I’m your best friend!” Daesung was acting cute, something that Seunghyun normally fell for. It was Jiyongs turn to laugh.

“So what? I’m Jiyongs best friend.” Which was true. They were well passed to point of being friends.

“What does that make me then?” Seungri screeched at being left out again. Jiyong could do nothing but shake his head and rest it on Seunghyuns broad chest. The man had become firm after his enlisting.

“You’re just Seungri.” Daesung’s voice was teasing as he spoke and the teasing bickering continued.

Moments like these were the reasons the moments that kept them functioning. After years and years of struggle and pain they were also able to face years of joy and happiness. They had missed two years of spending those moments together, they would never miss another one again.



1 Chapter left... How bittersweet.