Can I Have this Dance?

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 14



It’s been one year since they became a couple, officially. One year since the two stopped making things more complicated then they already were and came out with their feelings. It was a night that both of them would remember for the rest of their lives. Hopefully, they would remember tonight as well.

Seunghyun rubbed his sweaty palms on the fabric of his jeans as he stared across the small table at his lover. He had never been this nervous before, not in his life, not even when he auditioned for YG the first time. Seunghyun couldn’t even place the reason he was nervous; it was just their one year anniversary.

“Yum, this is good.” Jiyong practically moaned as the food entered his mouth. He was in paradise, heaven even. He was so focused on the plate in front of him that he neglected to notice his unusually nervous date. At this point in time, the only thing he really cared about was the foodgasm he was currently having.

He was glad that Jiyong was too distracted with his meal to pay him any attention. It wouldn’t make him any less nervous about the night then he already was. He was so nervous that he hadn’t even touched his own meal, though Jiyong was more then half way through.

Seunghyun looked around the small venue. He had rented out a fancy restaurant and hired a small band to play music while they had their little date. It was late, a little before midnight. It was the only free time they both had. Seunghyun had gone to an awards show earlier that day and Jiyong was working on their music.

"God, why haven’t we come here sooner?” brown eyes connected with his own. It was the first time Jiyong had looked up since starting his meal. Sauce stained the corner of his mouth and Seunghyun let out a stiff chuck as he wiped it off for his companion.

“Because they I wouldn’t have been able to bring you tonight.”

It had been a true statement. Seunghyun had spent weeks asking peers about restaurants and the quality of the food. He wanted to bring Jiyong to a new place, a place they could experience together. Most of the other restaurants they visited was either with a group of solo. Rarely did they ever take first visits to restaurants together. Seunghyun wanted to create a memory Jiyong wouldn’t forget.

“Hmm, good choice. We have to bring the others here. Seungri would love this.”

Seunghyun felt a wave of jealousy serge through him at the mention of Seungri’s name. It almost irritated him when Jiyong was so affectionate with the boy. It was obvious that Seungri was the cute maknae, but he wasn’t that cute. “Yeah, Dae would too.”

Jiyong tightened his grip on his fork with the mention of the name, his smile becoming strained. Seunghyun was just as affectionate with Daesung as Jiyong was with Seungri. It was petty of him to bring Dae up in this situation but he couldn’t help it.

“Yeah, I’m sure he would.”

An awkward silence settled between the two and the nervousness in Seunghyun grew. He shouldn’t have said anything. He didn’t want to ruin the night with his jealousy. He wiped his palm a little harder. “After you finish we can have desert.”

Jiyong looked from his plate to the plate of his lover. While his had one or two bites left, Seunghyun had the whole meal. “Hyung, why are you not eating?”

He gulped at the question. “I’m nervous.”

Suddenly more interested in his lover then the empty plate in front of him, Jiyong put his fork back down on the table and leaned closer to his date with his arms crossed as his elbows rested on the table.

His eyes followed Seunghyun as the man slowly pushed his chair from under the table and stood to his feet. If Jiyong hadn’t known Seunghyun so well he would have thought this was some kind of proposal.

Seunghyun looked around the room nervously and Jiyong took the moment to marvel at his love. His blond hair contrasted nicely with his tan skin.

“I really hate this, you know?”

Jiyong tilted his head in confusion at the confession and his eyes widened as a hand was held out to him.

“Can I have this dance?”

Seunghyun gulped as Jiyong slowly placed his hand in his. He stood from the table as slowly as possible and Seunghyun lead Jiyong to the center of the vacant room. Only the sound of the band surrounded them as they began to sway to the beat of the music.

Jiyong was stunned. This was the last thing he expected to be doing together but it was a pleasant surprise. Jiyong loved to dance, Seunghyun only did it to make fun or for the money. When they went to clubs Seunghyun would only dance when he had tons of alcohol flowing through his system. If Jiyong remembered correctly, Seunghyun was completely sober. The one who had been drinking was Jiyong.

If Seunghyun was dancing without alcohol it meant one thing, he was dancing solely for Jiyong. His heart fluttered in his chest.

Jiyong rested his head against Seunghyuns broad chest as his partner began to hum along to the melody the band was playing.

They danced for a while, way longer then Seunghyun had intended, but it was worth it. Jiyongs’ eyes were closed as he nuzzled into his chest and Seunghyun was no longer nervous. It had almost ended in a disaster but Seunghyun was positive this would be a night to remember.



So, I'm enlisting everyones help. I'm in serious need of it. I've written up to chapter 17 and the prompt is 'watch your step.' Sounds easy? Well, it should be. The problem is I'm drawing blanks with it. I can skip ahead but I don't think I would get to it in time to post is on the day it's supposed to be posted. So, with that being said. If ANYONE has ANY idea what to write for that chapter it would be greatly appreciated if you share, either on comments or message me. You'll get full credit for the chapter and I'll even dedicate another chapter to you! Thanks in advvance! Also, thank you everyone for the comment, subscriptions, and upvotes. Ya'll really know how to make a girl feel good.