I washed the dishes

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 67



It was awkward. More awkward then when he had met Lee Hi, Akdong Musician, or even Winner. What made BigBang think it was perfectly alright to leave him alone in a room with the full group of Ikon? Sure, they were all skilled musicians but that conversation got old quickly after complimenting them on their skills.

Whose idea was it to treat them to a home cooked meal in congratulations to the news of their official debut? Better yet, whose idea was it to go get alcohol to liven the dinner up? IKon was still young, were they even at the legal age to drink? Seunghyun really hated the others for leaving him alone with them.

He hated when things were awkward but no matter what he did nothing changed the mood. Ikon were to in awe of his name and Seunghyun was to awkward around new people. This was the first time that he was around them without s with them.

Seungyun’s eyes shifted to every member until they settled on the one pair of eyes that didn’t bash away. Sure, the nervousness was radiating off of the boys in waves but at least he was trying to act brave. “What was your name again?”

“Kim Jinhwan.”

He stuttered a little as he said his name and Seunghyun wondered why new artist were always like this. Sure, it was nice to be admired but he would rather be comfortable in his current situation. “You sing?”

The boy nodded his head and the members looked between them in admiration. God, things were too awkward, he could barely think right. He rubbed his hands against his jeans in nervousness and he wondered idly if they could tell he was just as nervous as they were.

“The others are on their way back.”

Relief flooded over the awkward atmosphere and Seunghyun released a breath he didn’t even realize he was holding. He knew that the others were just as relieved as he was. Jiyong was like a breath of fresh air.

“What were you doing?”

He kept his eyes on Jiyong as he sat by his side. “I washed the dishes.”

That was another reason he hated s. It was the others idea to give Ikon a meal, Youngbaes idea to make it home cooked, Seungri's idea to have it at Seunghyuns house, Jiyong okayed the idea, and Daesung suggest the alcohol. He was surprised to see 13 people standing outside his door with bags of groceries in their hands.

The dinner itself was fine, it was when the others left them alone that things got awkward. He was the only one who really didn’t know them that well.

“So, how’s the recordings going?”

Music, the promotions, the album, those were all safe topics to take about. Bobby smiled at the leader as he answered the question. It was nice to see his passion as he spoke. The others chimed in with equally excited bits every now and again.

The only thing that Seunghyun was ever envious about when it came to new groups, was that feeling of accomplishment that came with the change and ability to debut. Especially after years of wondering if you were walking down the wrong path in life.

“You have a nice smile.”  He probably shouldn’t have said it but he really couldn’t help himself. Bobby did have a nice smile. Seunghyun stared on as a small flush grew on Bobbys face, the grin growing as well.

“Thank you, seonsaengnim”

Jiyong chuckled at the name and the awkward feeling he felt were slowly disappearing. The boys reminded him of BigBang when they were getting ready for debut. The awkwardness and awe he felt when his hyungs and noonas were cheering them on in anticipation of what they would introduce to the world of music.

“Call me Hyung. You guys can feel comfortable around me, if you need help with anything let me know.”

Ikon nodded, their eyes glistening in delight. Seunghyun really liked the look.

“We’re back!” Some of Ikon stood to their feet to help the newly arrived members with their bags of snacks and beverages. Soon, they all disappeared to the kitchen to re-dirty the bowls and cups Jiyong had taken the time to wash. Their attempts to help would be futile as s would shoo them out.

He turned to regard Jiyong only to find his looking at him full on. Admiration and love were written plain in his gaze. Seunghyun decided then that he liked this look the best.  


So, short and sweet? I really didn't know where I was going with this chapter so I just closed my eyes and typed.... The struggle was real

You guys are so smat!! Can you believe when I wrote that chapter that was the first time I watched that video? I really like the Lalala... Seunghyuns feelings were mine, lol. As a treat, I'll write another bonus chapter. Any suggestions?