I Saved You A Seat

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 87

 

He was late by an hour. Late to an event that he didn't want to go to. Had Youngbae not called him to stress how much Seungri wanted G-Dragon to be there to watch his new music video, he would have stayed home, by himself, to sulk in silence.

 

His fans were happy, they showed their support and he was happy they loved G-Dragon. Sometimes, the pressure became too much. His fans would elevate him with every ounce of success he produced and the elevation made him seem untouchable. Idols who should be able to talk to him became too shy or nervous to even look him in the eyes and the staff and crew who knew him before his stardom treated him differently. They no longer treated him like the Kwon Jiyong that they all knew, but the megastar G-Dragon.

 

He was lonely.

 

While G-Dragon was prospering, the normality of Kwon Jiyong was suffering.

 

Jiyong wanted nothing more than to stay in the comfort of his home where no one would treat him like a king that he wasn't. G-Dragon knew he had to appear as to not start rumors of discord in BigBang.

 

Jiyong reached the room in YG where the reveal would be and he smiled graciously at the looks and greetings that he received. It seemed as though everyone dropped what they were doing to greet him at the door, treating him as though they had never seen a celebrity before.

 

The commotion slowly died and he was once again left alone. Seungri called out his stage name and Jiyong tense as the persona was adopted.

 

“GD, I'm glad you're finally here. I'm going to hook up the monitor now.”

 

The youngest ran off and Jiyong heart clenched, his smile becoming strained. Seungri didn't want the support from Jiyong, he wanted the approval, the recognition, from G-Dragon.

 

His moved through the room, eyes searching for where s were sitting and he was disappointed to find Youngbae and Daesung sitting on opposite ends of the room. They each sent a wave as they caught his eye. Neither of them moved to greet him at the door because he was the Kwon Jiyong they went through training with.

 

He couldn't sit near them, the chairs were all taken and there wasn't enough room to move a chair. The only two there that would keep Kwon Jiyong from drifting away.

 

His forced smile became smaller as he reached the back of the room and it completely vanished as he leaned against the wall. His eyes scanned, looking at the back of heads as they watched Seungri struggle to hook up the monitor.

 

His eyes flowed effortlessly before a pair of eyes latched onto his own. He didn't know the man was going to be here, his schedule had been hectic with filming and his travels. The man looked drained and the bags under his eyes proved it. He must have felt the same obligation to come as Jiyong did.

 

Seunghyun waved him over and Jiyong moved through the crowd, denying those who stopped him to ask him if he wanted to sit. When he finally reached the man, Seunghyun patted a folding metal chair next to him.

 

The man smiled, “I saved you a seat.”

 

Jiyong felt grateful as he took a seat. Seunghyun grabbed his hand, lacing the fingers together, and Jiyong felt happy to be with the man.

 

While the others offered him space on the comfortable sofa, or chairs with cushions on the bottom for G-Dragon, Seunghyun had saved a seat for Kwon Jiyong. A normal seat that grounded him with the others in the room. A chair to remind him that he wasn't better, nor more important than those around him.

 

G-Dragon had arrived to the showing but Kwon Jiyong would remain.

 

Jiyong adopted a small smile as the room went dark and the video began the play.

 

“Thank you.”

 

A squeeze of the hand was his only reply. Jiyong didn't feel so lonely anymore.


So, thanks to the suggestions I've finally know what chapter 90 is going to be about. I've gotten a a lot of requests for me to continue chapter 86 but I don't think that I will. I like the ambiguity of the ending and I think that whatever you guys can imagine happening between the two is much better then what I'll be able to write.

Thank you for helping me out, I appreciate it.